Revis wants jets to bring back cromartie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by S.HOLMES.10, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ........

........ Trolls

If only, if only...

2. ........

........ Trolls

Apparently you didn't see the Cro baby mama pictures. One of them LOOKED like Darrelle.

3. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

It seems, Revis also said, outside of Cromartie, that the core group of free agents NEED to be kept and not allowed to "slip away."

I'm not the most familiar with how the players salaries hit the cap, etc. I apologize for what might be an ignorant question(s)... The way he's talking, it sounds like he thinks (Cromartie, Edwards, Holmes, Harris) need to be kept...

1. Is his contract as currently structured seriously a huge impediment to signing the other players?

2. If this is how he feels, that the core guys need to be kept, is there seriously no way he's a candidate for a restructure? Wasn't his contract just supposed to be a band-aid contract for him, anyway? Can't they re-work it after the new CBA is in place, and along with that, alleviate how much of the cap he's taking up? Or is none of that likely?

4. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

No way can they let Harris walk!

5. alljetsallday

alljetsallday New Member

god i hope darelle leaves this alone let the jets COVER this one buddy

6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Revis has some balls, he really does. Asshole.

7. Kid.Supreme

Kid.Supreme Banned

i think that we tend to forget that Tanny has shown that he is an excellent negotiator, if you read some of the "incentive laid" contracts that he drafted for D'brickashaw & Mangold, they were cost effective and kind of obscene as to what those "incentives" were.

so i think we will be able to resign and restructure alot of contracts.. but david harris will command alot of money though, thats the only issue.

go to sbnation . com/2010/7/9/1560775/dbrickashaw-fergusons-contract-incentives-guaranteed-money (no spaces), to see what i mean.

8. Jets4life1190

Jets4life1190 Banned

LOL good luck with that one

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Much more likely that this guy made a mistake.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well if cromartie stays i give him KO return duty as well.....

that means brad smith sees the door.

jil

11. grayburn

grayburn Member

I hope not.

I would much prefer to see b. Smith on the roster than Cro. Unless, of course, smith wants ridiculous money,and he very well might. Kyle Wilson needs to step it up and the number 2 corner, the kid has the ability.

12. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

off season drivel

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Out of the big 4 free agents, Cro is the least important one IMO. The only reason I could see him staying and someones else leaving is Rex's love for corners.

Cro did have a solid season, but the way the guy plays at times just drives me insane. He plays so passive sometimes it has to make you want to rip your hair out of your head.

If we signed him, and lost Edwards, that would be IMO the only way I wouldn't be unhappy with the free agents out of the big 4 we keep if Cro was was signed.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I really like Smith but I think that's a ridiculous statement. A starting CB is far more important than a utility/special teams guy.

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

http://www.nyjetscap.com/

I love Smith as our swiss army knife, but Cro should stay over BSmith. Wilson is still developing, and even though he has the physical tools to be a good to great corner, he's not there yet. With Revis & Cro, and a developing Wilson, this could be the sickest CB combo in the league for years.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah really. Especially in this D, designed to have two cb's capable of playing man.

I love Smith's versatility, but no way is he as important to the team as Cro.

As for Revis, the cynicism expressed here is merely hiding the truth that Revis believes and is entitled to state his opinion that the team would be better off bringing Cro back. I think he may have some insight into that more than the Cro haters here.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While I generally agree with your take, the Wilson still developing thing is very much a work in progress, imo. The brutal truth is we don't know for certain that Wilson will succeed ultimately.

And even if he does, in the near term looking at the rest of the corners on the roster, you really need a decent player at the nickel. Imo we'd be lucky to see that from Wilson next year.

Coleman had some good plays this past season, but he's still poor in coverage, and the safeties really don't pick up that slack. Even with the talent we saw with Revis and Cro the middle of the field was getting attacked far too much this past year.

My firm hunch is what Ryan wants is to know both Revis and Cro will be on the corners, and he can try and develop Wilson enough in camp and preseason to step up to third on the depth charts. I know some here question the match of his skills with the requirements of the nickel position, but it is the far more sensible development path for Wilson than horrors throwing him in as the #2 starting CB this coming September.

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

The 2nd round pick will not be an issue. It has to be paid regardless of the outcome, so if we can upgrade with similar money, we should.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i just want to see all 3 guys - revis, cromartie, and wilson - hell even leonhard on the field together in the presence of a consistent pass rush.

jil

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think you're going to upgrade at CB#2 for similar money. What #2 CB's are you thinking of?