2011 State if the Franchise: Full Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, Jan 30, 2011.

1. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

2011 Starter:

John Conner – 2nd Year: Conner, The Terminator, a Ryan favorite, was active most of the season until the playoffs. He gained some valuable experience behind Tony Richardson. Richardson got the lion’s share of the snaps while Conner spent most of his time on special teams. When given the opportunities he made some devastating blocks to open holes for the HB’s. Conner is a throw-back at the full back position, solid lead backer, has showed good vision for find players to block to create openings. Next season he should be entrenched as the starting FB while still contributing on special teams. His punishing style does seem to cause some injury concerns, but hopefully he will learn how to protect his body as he gains experience.

2011nOutlook: Conner should be the lead blocker for Greene for many years to come. Mulligan will be the back-up TE if needed.

#1 GA Jets, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

Connor + Greene, together they can devastate defensive lines. Opposing teams will be to tired and hurt to tackle by the 3rd Quarter.

3. grayburn

grayburn Member

Hell yes, as much as I hate to see t-rich go, connor has shown some good signs.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm down with John Conner, I think he will be legit. T-Rich was a true leader, and had an amazing career at FB but it's probably time to cut ties.

5. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

Agreed. He also had a pretty good year. I'd hate to see T.Rich break down and end his jet tenure/career on a bad note.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The Terminator.

7. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

I love Conner and I think he will be able to step into Richardson's shoes this upcoming season, but he must improve his technique.

Too many times this season I watched him hit the hole and blast a linebacker backwards, but not actually engage the block. He would just shove them backwards and most of the time it would be right into the path of the running back. I love that he likes to punish the defenders, but he has to keep them engaged too so the back can get through the hole.

Aside from that, if he is utilized properly, I think he can have a very successful career as a Jet.

8. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

gotta love the terminator.

but if t-rich wants to come back, i'd definitely take him back. he can still do it and it'd be great to have him back for 1 more run at a ring.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I know he should have, but I saw nothing this season that would suggest he has lost a step.
    The only 'mistake' I can remember him making was a whiff on a rush play to the right, but the play looked blown anyway.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This is the exact reason we need a change of pace back, we have the ground and pound going where we bruise the line. We need a speedy back who is extremely shifty and when the d is tired, get a healthy chunk of yards.

#10 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I agree. TRich was great this year once again. It never looked like he was too slow for the game.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

if we move on without t-rich and find ourselves in the sb next year, i'd love for woody/tanny/rex to bring t-rich back to the team if only for honorary mention and a ring! same for ellis.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

So many players in the Jets history deserve a ring. Some of these guys played their hearts out and left everything on the feild for the team and the fans. There's at least 100 ex-Jets .

Just from my perspective, the guys from the 80's through today and my history only covers half the team's history. Gastineau, Klecko, Byrd, Buttle, Salaam, Lyons, all the way through Martin, Chrebet, Lewis, Green, Ellis.

14. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Really looking forward to season 2 of the TERMINATOR. Him and Greene, good luck trying to stop that late in games. I-form all day in Madden