Rex ryan says schotty is coming back next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by S.HOLMES.10, Jan 24, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The offense does have some holes. Keller is not very good. The Jets dont have a good back-up TE. There is no 4th WR, so that limits play-calling a bit. But, in the end, none of that matters. The problem is, and has been for 5 years now, Brian Schottenheimer.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Keller is a good TE. He isn't a liability in run blocking anymore, and runs good routes. I know you'd like to have an All-Pro at every position, but it ain't happening.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its the curse of the Shittenhammers

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If that was the case, we never would have gotten past the Wildcard round. Things aren't as simple as you need them to be to comprehend the loss.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'm honestly not that broken up about this. It's hard to run an offense with an inexperienced QB.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

People forget the playcalling was good and the O prepared in both the Colts and Pats games. Short memories.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Abyz hits the nail on the head....and I've mentioned this in another thread.

As much as I detest Schotty....we're stuck with him...our window to get rid of him came and went when Mangini was fired.

Hopefully the playcalling is a little more consistent next season...but i'm not going to hold my breath.

Sanchez is certainly improving under Schotty's watch....so it's not all bad......as long as Sanchez continues to make strides and the offense evolves in a positive manner....I'll taper down the Schotty hate.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Rex loves him. Sanchez loves him. Done and done. Get over it.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

As bonehead as Schotty tended to be, when I truly gave the situation some thought, I realized he has been apart of the improvement and maturation of Sanchez as a QB. To break that apart so early in Marks career wouldn't be all that wise.

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Blame the players for not executing in the 1st quarter all season. Our team should play the 1st quarter on a practice field somewhere before games next year so that by the time the game starts they're warmed up. Or petition the league to change the game from quarters to fifths.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

+1 this right here.

Sanchez doesnt need the Jason Campbell treatment. and as much as people would love to give Cavanaugh all the credit, I believe he is developing Sanchez on a commendable level.

the issue is the flashes of brilliance followed by bouts of purely illogical situational playcalling.

the execution has not been there alot at certain points to where it was feast or famine and that is partially on the players every time IMO. the dropped balls and overthrows specifically.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Yep. In full agreement.

Props to Byz & BB on posts #53 & #54 respectively. Both were very good and its tough to add to those analysis.

Keep Schotty with Mark so they can grow together. As Sanchez experience and abilities increase, Schotty's calls will get better and vice versa because Mark will have the ability to check out of calls or better execute the calls.

13. razara13

razara13 New Member

im fine schotty, he has developed a young qb

14. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

Not a big fan of schotty.

Watching the mic'd up colts game and seeing schotty ask red whether he wanted to run or pass to get closer really disappointed me. Biggest point in the game and the guy in charge of our offense has no idea what to do.

At first I thought rex was gonna offer input and all he said was that we had to get closer and he didn't give a shit how we did it. That leads me to believe that schotty has complete control over the playcalling and he's still asking rex what to do.

And then mark and braylon ran what they wanted to run. So what the hell is schotty doing?

His inconsistent playcalling leads to inconsistent offense. At times him and the offense look so smooth and then it'll be 3 and outs for the next quarter. He tries too hard to be clever rather than playing up our strengths and attacking weaknesses.

But I have to admit that it looks like his job is safe for as long as sanchez keeps improving. Rex and mark seem like loyal guys so he has that in his favor too.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I don't detest him, he just frustrates me. We as fans scream at games or the TV to what seems like obvious situations and the wrong plays are called, and a perfect example of this was the Steelers goal line.
    Now I don't know how much of a fragile ego BS but he really needs his ass kicked when he does this kind of shit, and screw all the dodgy headset stuff.

I totally agree, that under BS Sanchez has grown as a player, but could he do that with another OC? We won't know until it happens, because it will at some time soon.

The one thing that I do like with BS, is that he is still young and still learning his trade, but this is kind of off setting with all the bonehead decisions.

Wait and see I think

16. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I think the best we can hope for right now is that Sanchez progresses to the point this year that when Schotty tries to get TOO cute in the wrong situation, Sanchez knows to audible to a more level-headed play.

I was really impressed throughput the playoffs to see Sanchez already recognizing defensive mismatches and calling audibles that worked more times than not. Let's hope this continues.

17. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

"I think the best we can hope for right now is that Sanchez progresses to the point this year that when Schotty tries to get TOO cute in the wrong situation, Sanchez knows to audible to a more level-headed play."

Bingo

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

lots o probles bro

19. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

At least Schotty has been improving as a play caller and maybe he will become good at it some day, but damn... some 12 year old Madden-kid would have called those three short and goals better.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

thats a moronic statement. So schotty can get us to the Championship game twice but doesnt have enough good plays in his head to get to a superbowl? Do you realize how stupid a theory that is? If Keller catches the ball that hit him in the hands we mioght be going to a superbowl.