Anyone else still sick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I hope to God not because I'm 37 and that is pretty much still the way I deal with the stresses and problems of life.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Holy shit, is junc really trying to dictate how players should act after a loss? You never had a bad day at work and went out for a few beers afterwards? Damn man, way to nitpick.

It is their personal life, who gives a fuck what they do once the season is over as long as it is legal. Should they not date for ten days? What other rules do you have?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Out until 4:30AM and closing the bar down is partying all night.

Don't go out in public and they won't get criticized. They can live their lives any way they want but be prepared to be cirticized for it if they do the wrong things. I could see going out all night if they won while celebrating but hanging out until 4:30AM after the biggest loss of their careers? I'm not a fan of that.

I feel bad for people that have to be shitfaced to have a good time.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No, I don't go out and drink when I have a bad day. I can deal w/ whatever life throws at me and I don't need alcohiol to make me forget anything.

PLEASE stop comparing what these players do to what the rest of us do. It is an awful comparison.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

"Don't go out in public" LOL

STAY IN YOUR HOUSE UNTIL WE FANS TELL YOU TO COME OUT DAMMIT!!!!!!

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

let it go, let it go.....................

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

There human beings, with a job. People cope in different ways, not everyone has to behave like you.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

once again...who gives a shit if you're a fan of it or not.

These guys are entitled to deal with a loss any way they see fit...as long as it's legal in the eyes of the law.

I understand it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, junc......but it's dumb.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Honestly, I can see a little bit of Junc's point here. It makes me sick when I think that I'm more fired up for the game than our players are, which is how I felt in the first half. And I think I'm taking the loss a lot harder than some of them, which isn't right. Some of us fans put in a lot of emotion and dedication, visiting these message boards and keeping up with the team, as well as large financial investments that in these hard times really mean a lot. I can see why Junc would be upset if he thought that our players were able to shrug off an AFC championship game loss within hours of it happening.

I haven't read the reports or whatever so I have no clue what they did or didn't do that night, so I won't say I completely agree with him. I bet you LT wasn't at that bar, though.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I feel bad for people who feel the need to regulate the behavior of others. I also feel bad for people who think that simply being in a bar until it closes is partying all night.

11. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i've never felt better about myself than after reading this thread this morning-lol

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the players did nothing wrong....junc is being a little over the top on what he believes the players should be like after this loss.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So you basically think that you care more about winning than the players? Come on man. Is that why they train all year round. to lose?

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

If you start partying @ 3AM and finish @ 4:30, you have not been "partying all night." You hung out for an hour and a half, until the bar closed.

Why can't they go out? They're not celebrating a loss. Instead, perhaps, they're releasing some tension and just decompressing. Think about it- the guys have been under the microscope since the summer, what with TC, Hard Knocks, the regular season, playoffs, etc. That pressure is now off of them. They don't need to report to the facility early the next morning to gameplan, there's no opponent.

It's their time now, they're off company time until OTA's start, and that isn't until the Spring. Nobody, including you and I, is in a position to say what is and is not acceptable for these guys to do during their downtime. I'd have a bigger issue if Sanchez was riding a motorcycle through rush-hour traffic without a helmet.

What's next? No masturbation or sex with their wives until they've written "We won't suck next year" 100X on the blackboard in Tannenbaum's office?

15. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

over the top? he's run completely amuck, jimmy swaggart style.

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I won't stop thinking about this loss until well after the SB. I'll probably feel disgusted until a week or two before the draft (draft is just too exciting to waste it on being miserable).

I don't know how some can claim "it was just a game", or "I'm already over it". I wish I was more like them, to be honest. Every year, I give my heart to this team... it really just kills so bad, especially after that dominating win over NE.

Not only does the loss keep playing over in my head, with all the things we did wrong, and thinking of things we could have easily done to win, but also how unlikely it is that we'll be back in the AFCCG again next season. Rex was right, we absolutely must WIN THE DIVISION. Of course, with NE in the AFCE, it's always going to be tough.

Here's to 2011... :beer:

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I didn't say I cared more about winning, I said I was more fired up. You can't look at our first half performance and say our defense was fired up for that game, you just can't.

Also, some of them train year round for the money, fame, and hot women.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I think for the most part, players only start caring when they've already banged half the nation, completed their car collection, and have nothing else to look forward to other than boasting about being champions. You saw that in Alge Crumpler going ape shit against the Jets and in Jason Taylor crying after the Steelers game. You see it now in Charles Woodson.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Missed tackles yes, but they were flying into the backfield and just missing Mendanhall and Ben, so I would say the effort was there, the heart was there, but execution? Well, that's another story.

20. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

It's so weird to see your tempered posts, now. Being a mod must be so bitter-sweet. :smile:.