Rex ryan says schotty is coming back next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by S.HOLMES.10, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Wishful thinking... he'll be back.

2. Trust in Rex

Trust in Rex New Member

This! +1

I feel like schotty is calling plays like we are a talentless team. As if he has to call plays according to scheme in order to be successful. We are however, full of talent on offense. He needs to be more concerned with getting our playmakers involved in the offense early in the game, and let the hot hand take over. We should be able to line up, even if the defense know what is coming and be able to execute and be successful.

#42 Trust in Rex, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

with a day to reflect schotty should come back

for the most part the offense this yr was very good and despite some bad calls yesterday he deserves another year

4. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Wow. I honestly think the only way we get rid of Schitty if someone offers him a head coach position.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I also remember 2003 and 2004. Hackett was running draws on 3rd and long years before the Warren Sapp commercial.

Guy was as conservative as it gets. This was Schitt's best season, I'm willing to give him another year because of the progress Sanchez made and the overall improvements statistically, and I've been a notorious Schitt basher over the years.... It's really easy to bash the OC when a play doesn't work.

#45 Jake, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

There is nobody available out there i would rather have coach Sanchez right now.

He may not always come with the right plan. But look what he has done these past two years as a whole. I'll take it.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The problem is he NEVER comes into a game with the right plan. Every game they come out and see what the D is doing and they let them dictate what we are gonna be able to do on offense. It's pathetic.

8. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Another year of reverses and swing passes. Ill timed screens and outsmarting ourselves. Yipee.

Btw, Schotty is still a pussy.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I don't see why you had to be so nice about it.

10. WaitAsekent

WaitAsekent New Member

anyone think that Gruden would come here as OC? maybe to win another SB and get paid top $$ at the OC position?.. and yes I know he would rather be a HC but its just a wish

Also, I think he has a man crush on Sanchez lol

11. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

No way would gruden come here as the OC.

Why does Schotty get so much credit for sanchez's play? Is it not possible that Sanchez is a talented kid? Watch him play there is a reason the Jets traded up he is extremely talented and is extremely poised. To say that he would take a step back with the "irreplacable" schotty is utter nonsense and a slap in the face to a very good player.

Bottom line Schotty sucks

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He should be, he has done a great job developing a young QB and has done a really good job overall. When plays don't work everyone questions the OC, the goalline playcalling was not good but we lost the game on defense not on offense and our guys have to execute the plays that are called.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have been a vocal critic of Schotty for a few years, but he has worked on his infuriating tendency toward trickery and been calling some pretty effective gameplans of late, which I will never complain about. His gameplan in the first half of the game was frustrating to watch, but that is typically the case when your opponent matches up with you so well, and is executing better on the defensive side of the ball.

And let's face reality here: if they were going to part with Schotty, that time is far in the rearview mirror at this point. BS and Sanchez are now tied at the hip, for better or worse. You dump Schotty now, even to elevate Callahan to OC (which I'm not really in favor of anyway), and you more than likely set back the development of Sanchez as a top tier QB. Rex is doing the right thing here.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Excellent point. I think the situation would be different if Sanchez was not showing steady development. But he is. Now I know the Schotty haters want to look at that and say Schotty has nothing to do with that. But they don't know that. I conceded I don't KNOW from anything other than what I am about to mention that he does have much to do with that, either. But...

But Ryan is close enough to know. Ryan knows how important Sanchez's improvement is to not only the team but also RYAN'S future, and he seems to want Schotty back.

Playcalling is an important part of an OC's duties. I wish Schotty were more consistently good at it. But it's not the only thing.

As Abyz points out, who could come in to the Jets and overall as OC do a better job? Who would come in and work with Sanchez without missing a beat?

I don't know the answer, but Ryan seems to think no one is the answer. So Schotty stays.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im with you on this one again. We've been defending this guy all year. We have much bigger probles than Schotty in my opinion

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I think those "probles" as you call them are all on the defensive side of the ball, too. Sanchez is only going to get better, Greene is great, and our offensive line will still be solid.

17. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

All on the D against pittsburgh hugh? When pitt held the ball for 17 minutes of real time on the first drive what was the goal of the offense when they took the field? To score a td? Nope it is to maintain possession by getting a few first downs. What did we do? We put the pitt o right back on the field.
    Was the offense responsible for the returned fumble? Is setting pass protections weekly not the job of the oc? Pitt is the 2nd most aggressive d in football and on 3rd and 17 we give up a free rush from the qb's backside. How bout last year seem to recall that the line was surprised that Dwight Freeny might kill sanchez as well.

Why do most offensive coaches in the nfl, college, and hs level script the first few series? because they find things they think they can exploit for the rest of the game. When the d shows different looks you adjust.
    It is clear that this guy can not gameplan well enough to line up and execute a well designed plan. It is actually impossible to figure out his philosophy because he has none. Watch any quality unit around the sport, if you watch them for one or two games you can say. There identity is________ (fill in the blank). What is our identity? Jack of all trades master of none.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is the thing I alluded to on another thread. Right now, I think and I also think many if not most fans here would agree that the Jet O is AT LEAST as good as the Jet D. Not at last year. And there's still some inconsistency on O, no doubt. Like them not showing up for the Packers game, and more or less the second Pats and fish games.

But inconsistency is even worse on the D as of late. That number 3 ranking is deceiving. It seems like the D needs an awesome game plan like Ryan came up with against NE to beat top opponents. Without that against a very good team but not one with the greatest O in the league they were run over in the first half and could not make critical stops at the end. We've seen that before.

I'm not saying Ryan looks at the O as some disfavored relative or something, but I do think he likes to think of his team as defensive oriented. Well, as this past season ended the O has at least caught up with the D, and arguably done more than that.

It's partly Sanchez getting it done, more and more consistently. But the OL is better than the DL, and other than Revis, Cro and I guess Harris, the talent on D is nowhere near the level of players on O like Edwards, Holmes, Greene, Cotch, Mangold, Ferguson and I will submit Sanchez.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The problem is that we can look at the Defense and see where we have holes...and those holes will be addressed this offseason. But where exactly are the holes on Offense? This is the point where everyone turns their head slowly and looks at Schotty.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

As long as Schotty is here, this team is never, ever winning the Superbowl. His pathetic gameplan and mental handicap on gameday will cost us 3/4 games, leaving us as the wildcard. And in the playoffs, like his idiot dad before him, he will lost us a game with his play-calling.

We all know Rex could care less about the offense, but this is just incompetent to bring Schotty back.

But hey, for me, I can save money on Jets tickets again because I refuse to go to a game while Schotty is the OC. I have done so for 4 years now, and will not spend a dime on Jets tickets or merchandise until that idiot is fired. Plain and simple.