Rex ryan says schotty is coming back next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by S.HOLMES.10, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You do remember 2002 ?

Hacketts strong points are Schotty's weak points and vice versa.

However....We lacked more under Hackett because of QB limitations we do not currently have.

And..with a lesser cast in 2002 he called a better stretch run.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Tell you what, go buy a fucking NFL team and hire Paul Fucking Hackett as your OC. Then die a slow miserable death and get that nonsense out of our fucking board. Fuck Paul Hackett!

3. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

do you think it can get any worst then losing back to back afc championship games? I will go with hackett j/k

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

One of the main reasons schotty will be retained is because of continuity. to blow up the offense now would be a big issue, mostly in part because of the labor situation.

that's why you see a lot of teams more hesitant to change their systems or coordinators than usual because if the lockout occurs, that is lost OTA/minicamp/training camp time to instill a new system.

even if a deal is struck by training camp, that's not enough time to learn a completely new system

As far as coaching, development, philosophical ideas....schotty is actually a pretty good OC. The problem with him is his situational play calling. The way his plays are drawn up don't suck, it's when he chooses to utilize them. if there was a way to have someone call the plays while he does everything else, this team could go very far.

#24 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  5. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Pretty much anyone but B.S. at this point. I have seen enough. The offense plays well in spite of his calls not because of them. The goaline series was magnified because we did not come back and win in the final seconds. He has done this sh-- for the past four years.

His crap playcalling has been overshadowed because of great defensive play, and special teams scores. He has been carried.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Ryan is loyal almost to a fault. where is that facepalm picture?

7. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

too right sir. only we're every getting rid of this clown is if another team is dumb enough to take him off our hands. heck i would pay them

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The 4th and 1 slant to Braylon was gutsy, and I give him credit for that. I think Schotty, like the rest of the team, can get better all around.

Firing Schotty as a knee-jerk response would be a mistake. Having Sanchez learn a totally new system under a new coordinator, after going to back to back AFC Championship games, does not make any sense.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a matter of loyalty, I believe Ryan has no clue what goes on with the offense, when he was asked about why Holmes was not in the game for the first couple of plays he said I did not even notice.

How can you not notice what players are on the field when your offense is in?

What could he possibly be looking at?

10. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If Dustin Keller catches that ball instead of letting it bounce of his fingertips, and the Jets come back and win, we would all be praising Schotty to the skies.

The play calls sucked, but it is what it is. Sanchez must have telegraphed the 3rd down throw because Woodley(?) was all over that ball.

Give Schotty credit for calling the bootleg @ the goal line in PITT in week 15, which worked out pretty nicely, and for calling good plays to get us back in the game in the 2nd half. Without that quick-strike drive (Santonio TD) to start the 2nd half, the final score is something like 34-3.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

the pain, the madness.......Like father, like son.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Oh fuck my life...can we please fire this clown?

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The playcalling on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down on that goalline sequence is unforgivable in my eyes. Absolutely no reason to punch Greene in there 3 straight times.

14. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

He was probably reaming the defense for giving up a 10 minute scoring drive to start the game to watch our feeble 4 play drive...

16. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

In response to Toon - why do we need to throw the baby out with the bath water? You can replace a coordinator without drastically changing a system.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Actually, if you could just get Terry Tate to smoosh these two cats together, we might have one hell of an interesting OC. :drunk:

18. BlueDevil73

BlueDevil73 New Member

Do you think that everytime a good coordinator gets hired the head coach allows the new hire to change the language of the offense? It does not happen. You think each time a new OC was hired in New England they slapped a playbook down on old Bills desk and said here you go study up this is our new offense?

19. DanR

DanR Active Member

I listened to Rex on 1050 ESPN radio and it actually sounded like Schotty wasnt coming back. Rex was being politically incorrect and tried to be a friend. He spread the blame and tried to soften it. But I get the feeling he wont be back.

20. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

All I know is, given our general first-half offensive ineptitude this season, I'd pack Schotty's bags and drive him to the airport myself.