Why we really lost the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by julani, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Sanc

Sanc New Member

lost to a better team
    case closed

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

If Revis hadn't have held out this off-season we definitely would have won tonight. That's the real reason we lost the game.

3. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

...I agree with what you say about both sides coming out flat. If we would of scored more that 3 points in the first half, I think the Jets win.

4. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

I am just saying if some positive offensive plays were made in the first half we could have cut into the 21 Point deficit and would have been able to come back. Sanchez is our franchise quarterback without a doubt, but he is got to start these games a little sharper. Our QB has won some games for us late where he has a marvelous second half. But as the competition gets stiffer it gets more and more difficult to come back and win these games. In the First half our offense scored 3 points to their 24, that is all I am saying. Of course it is not all on the QB. But some fans will not admit he starts off slow in some of the games.

5. lillloyd

lillloyd New Member

+1. I think you all have a keeper in Sanchez. He took a hellacious hit and was down 24-0, and came back, almost all the way. That's a winner.

I thought the Steelers and Jets were pretty much even before the game, and I feel that way after the game as well. Strange game in that it was a game of two halves. I think it is a bit of a disservice to the Steelers to say thought that the Jets simply "came out flat" in the first half, as obviously the Steelers executed very well and had a good game plan coming in. (FWIW I also think it's a disservice to the Jets to suggest that the Steelers simply became disinterested or "took their foot off the gas" in the 2nd half, as the Jets played extremely well down the stretch).. These were two worthy and pretty even teams. Just IMHO.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We lost to a better team.

24-0 against a good team is almost insurmountable.

7. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

I thought we came out plenty aggressive we just couldn't tackle. Our D line was five yards in the backfield blowing up the play and we would miss tackle after tackle.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There is definitely some truth to this. The Steelers deserve credit for executing in the first half, but Mendenhall getting 80% of his yards in the first half after being hit is simply unacceptable. That's not execution (good or bad), that's poor tackling.

9. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

Not sure if this was stated already, or if this is even the right thread to post this in, but I just wanted to get all of your opinions on something. Does anyone feel that we came out flat because we backed off our typical trash talk in your face mentality throughout the week? I feel like last week we came out pissed off because of all the trash talk that went on during the week, and we came out and handled our shit.

This week, from what I read, the only guy who really talked any trash was Pitts. Taylor and to be honest I really think Santonio lit his ass up for most of the game. It just shows that a little trash talk can motivate someone to whoop that ass.

I love our brash in your face, "We're gonna beat the shit out of you and we don't care who knows it" mentality, and I feel like because we backed off from it, it hindered our passion out there tonight. I know most people will say you shouldn't have to get fired up for this type of game, but come on, if your gonna say that they should have been more fired up this week compared to last week after all the bad blood, then thats just bullshit. We piss people off because we talk big AND can back it up. I think we got away from that this week and it showed in the first half.

If I'm completely off then I'm sorry for wasting your time posting about this.

10. They Call Me Chez

They Call Me Chez New Member

ill tell u y we lost 1: the refs missed alotta blatant calls like the helmet 2 helmet on greene 2: horrible tackling 3: schottenheimer has moments of brilliance followed by moments of mental retardation he must have been dropped as a child by marty

11. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

That had nothing to do with it. I am a Steelers fan, but I am also a Revis fan. He went to my alma mater. Cornerbacks are not really a position that benefits much from training camp. If you are a cover corner, then it's basically a one on one matchup. Plus he was hurt anyways in training camp. I am pretty sure he was mentally preparing even if he was not on the field i.e watching film..

12. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

the D cost us this game allowing that long ass first drive, unable to make a stop on 3rd downs

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Do you know what sarcasm is?

14. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

A super bowl appearance!

15. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

No because I am as clueless as Revis..

16. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

There is no such thing as a penalty for helmet to helmet contact involving a running back.

Find something else to whine about.

17. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

momentum. That's the only reason we lost. Imagine if Cro hadn't gotten that hands to the face penalty on the first third down of the game. THey are off the field, instead, they just run run run and we can't get our nuts underneath us. They just got momentum, that's all there is to it.

18. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I agree 1000% with that

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger, like Mendenhall, was able to run the ball. That was the difference. His passing was shoddy. Our D had to keep him in the pocket and they did not. How many key Firsts did he get with his legs? Kept at least two drives alive. They did not even need sacks all that much. Just containment. Even with Mendenhall's bursts, they had opportunities to stop one or two of those drives if they could just keep Ben in the pocket. Boggles the mind.

20. The_MexiCAN

The_MexiCAN New Member

When will we win our second SB?