Why we really lost the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by julani, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

Is there anywhere I can get a stat of how many runs were called up the middle and how many to the outside excluding end arounds?

2. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

We couldn't tackle a group of potato sack racers in the first half. Steelers chewed up nine minutes in the first quarter and our offense was lame.

3. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Nope we lost because we wore the green pants, they're only good to beat the Patriots at home

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

^^^exactly...Sanchez 102 rating to Ben's 32 rating.

5. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

dude get off the band wagon

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You are a complete fool if you think that Mark Sanchez and the offense lost us this game. Our D came up flat, and it hurt us. Easy as that. As well as SHITenheimer.

7. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Ben has 2 Superbowl rings, and has a chance to get a third. It is not about stats sometimes. You have to make key plays in critical times in the game. Ben does that. Sanchez is a good QB who gets better year by year and game by game. But what Manning proved last year and Ben proved this year, it comes down to a few key plays that will take you to the superbowl.

Let me ask you this, do you feel good that Sanchez numbers were better but no Superbowl appearance? Ben will never have the big numbers, just the wins. Look I love the Jets but damn, when are we going to win anything. A division title, an AFC Championship, a Superbowl!!!!!

8. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

What band wagon?????

9. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Tell me how long was the defense on the field during the first half. I thought this was a team game. The offense came back in the second half, no doubt. But what about the first half when they did nothing and kept giving big Ben the ball over and over and over again. You do not convert first downs your D is right back out there. I am looking at the game in total. Great comeback to get 16 points in the second half, but the possessions gave up in the FIRST half put us in too much of a hole.

#29 dstewstar, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  10. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Same one you were watching. If the offense had showed up in the first half we would be golden.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. Take your tinfoil hat off. The first fucking drive of the game was 9 fucking minutes. What did you want the Offense to do? Get on the field and tackle?

Your premise is fucking stupid and you are fucking stupid.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I thought both the offense and defense came out flat. All year the offense has been bad in the first half, it's time they do something about it. I don't know if it's Rex or it's shotty, but they need to get that shit together. I love Rex, but it's like the team isn't ready to play in the first half, then they make some halftime adjustments and kick ass.

Sanchez played well in the second half, his first half wasn't that hot but the Jets as a team had nothing going on in the first half. No run game, the returns were awful (why not use cro?) and the passing game was out of wack.

As much as people like to blame the QB or the coaches, it ends up the play that decided it was the blindside strip on Sanchez. Who blew that block?

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yea, that would have stopped the Steelers from scoring on their first drive.

14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Uhh, Ben threw for 4,328 yards last season, 3200 this season with four games missed. He does put up big numbers. He didn't today.

15. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

I hear you homeboy, those that do not share your view are stupid. Well expert pundit why did we only score 3 points in the first half with all the weapons we have on offense? I am a Jet fan just like everyone else. Was the defense better in the second half? I just do not know, you tell me because I do not have your intelligence.

#35 dstewstar, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  16. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

what herb decides to come to a jets forum and trolls, get real life friends

17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The last time the O scored a TD in the 1st quarter was against Buffalo.

That was so long ago I was at a Mets game when that happened -- and Oliver Perez was pitching !!!

18. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

No, but it would cut the deficit in the score and maybe the Jets win the game in the Second half.

19. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Our defense shouldn't have allowed Mendenhall to run that many yards. Their offense was keeping the D on the field the entire 1st half. We had it going in the second half just that we ran out of time. Pussy steelers took the knee since they knew what was coming.
    Good game though. I'm hurt and yes this will sting for a while but theres nothing left to do and move on.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Ben did shit in the 2nd half. He had just two plays on that last drive. Sanchez didn't make one mistake with the ball in the 2nd half. He completed every big play he had to make. He kept the Jets in that game. Had he gotten the ball one last time and failed, then we would be having a different conversation.