Why we really lost the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by julani, Jan 23, 2011.

1. julani

julani New Member

The defense came out flat and the scheme was not aggressive enough in the first half. With the defense unable to get off the field, the offensive was unable to build any rhythm. With us down 17 for our 2 minute offensive of course we have to throw to try and come away with some points. Schotty had to serve two masters in this game. Stay in manageable situations and stay aggressive enough to get back into the game. Have we forgotten that Sanchez typically struggles in goal line situations the last two years? We are a possession offense not a high flyer, and we nearly had a chance to win at the end.We lost because of the flatness of the defense and horrible tackling in the first half.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

The pass to Keller was on the money. That ball should have been caught, but Keller hadn't snapped his head around quick enough on him, and the reaction was just a half second slow to the ball. Sanchez made the plays to win this game, the rest of the team came up short.

3. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

The defence played a bit too conservative, in the style like against Brady. But with Ben, he makes you pay with his mobility and nack for keeping plays alive. There running game was a beast in the first half. Our offence's inability to keep our Defence off the field killed us. I can't imagine there was much left in the tank at the end. With some mildly bad calls by the refs, the Steelers ground and pounded us. And our offence with some crappy play calling couldn't counter. That's it in a nutshell.

This one stings.

4. julani

julani New Member

I thought that ball was catchable as well, but everyone is acting like schotty was calling horrible plays and that was not the case at all. We were so close on many plays to getting on a roll. I also thought cotchery's drop on the first drive was big, up until then there was a a rhythm with that drive.

5. elchingadero

elchingadero Banned

or......

the steelers were better. The jets had no business being in that game. Steelers got bored and let their foot off the gas

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Totally agree....

7. julani

julani New Member

Oh, come on there were desperately trying to put us away in the second half with all the blitzing. The game plan we had to play them defensively was just wrong in the first half, and the D was playing uninspired football.

Don't go off of emotion. Truely look at the game tomorrow and make a determination.

8. NYCSmiths

NYCSmiths New Member

The scheme was plenty aggressive. Watch the tape again, we were all up in the steelers backfield in the first half. We just couldn't tackle for a loss and get off the field in the 1st half. That's why we lost the game. Make some plays on D early, they don't run & control the clock, we don't get behind 24 points...we give our offense time to get going...whole different ball game.

We lost because we couldn't tackle in the 1st half. No two ways about that.

9. julani

julani New Member

Read my first post. We were more aggressive in the second.

10. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Our offense lost this game. Newsflash; their QB is so much better than ours. You can only put so much pressure on the defense game after game. The offense has to start putting games away and keeping the opposing offense off the field. Usually, the team with the most offensive plays and time of possession wins. Man, I hope Sanchez can get better, he is good right now. Our QB just is not Super Bowl quality right now. Of course the other parts of our offense took too long to get heated up. By the time they came to play it was 24-0. Too much of an hole to recover from playing in someone else back yard.

I am looking forward to the draft right now. Please get more speed at the linebacker spot and a QB pressuring/sacking defensive end please.

Why does Keller show up in spots????

So many questions, so little time.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez had a QB rating of over 100, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, and 233 yards.

Roethliserger had only 133 yards, 2 INTs, 0 TDs.

Get out of here with that shit. Roethlisberger in no way outplayed Sanchez.

12. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

I am a Steelers fan, and I think Ben had a Sanchezesque game, and Sanzhez had Rotherlisbergeresque game. Any Jets fan that still says Sanchez is not a franchise quarterback is crazy. He played a hell of a game. Jets just came out flat in the first half. The Steelers always seem to turn it up a notch during the playoffs. I don't think the Jets were prepared for the intensity.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What game were you watching? Were you watching it with a tinfoil hat?

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

rushing stats at half were 135 to 1

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There were several reasons why we didn't win this game. Picking one of them out and devoting a thread to it is not accurate nor is it insightful.

16. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

experts, fans, and everyone alike--you're the only one with this take that I've heard. incredible.

17. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Sanchez is just like roethlisberger was in year two arguably better. look at the #'s regular season and postseason

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Sanchez outplayed Roethlisberger by a wide margin.

19. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

We lost this game because the defense was totally unprepared in the first half and executed poorly

20. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Any blame on Sanchez is crazy....The D was terrible in the 1st half and the O line suck as well. If you watch the strip sack there were two OL standing around with their thumbs up their ass. The pass to Keller was on the money but the play never should've been called. You freaking run the ball from inside the 4. Schotty needs to go!!!