Great Article from Cimini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 22, 2011.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This really pumped me up. Nice article from Cimini for a change. This is our year boys.

Go Jets!!!

2. kredik

kredik New Member

this part i liked!!!

"This game, it's colossal," said Joe Namath, who provided the Jets' last true moment of glory, flashing that iconic "We're No. 1!" after winning Super Bowl III in Miami in 1969.

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

"It's not going to be easy. The Jets haven't faced a defense as good as this one, and they haven't faced a quarterback in the postseason that can do as many things as Roethlisberger can. Unlike the Patriots and Colts, the Steelers will punch back. The Jets will have to be better than they were in last month's 22-17 win over the Steelers because, let's be honest, they were outplayed."

The idiot cant help but take a shot at the Jets.

I love how people ignore special teams plays, and dont even acknoledge that the Jets had zero momentum going into that game and still won.

But, at least he didnt end his article by saying, "With that said, I, as the Jets reporter for ESPN, will be rooting for the Steelers on Sunday."

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I hope we win for obvious reasons, another one is this, dragging out the Namath stuff, 42 years blah blah blah......

5. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

I also hate the "They only won because of special teams" argument like it's not a big part of the game. If it wasn't, teams can just start each drive at their own 20 since it isn't as important. Cimini is trying as hard as he can to not hate the jets right now, since what else can he say they made the AFCCG.

6. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Cimini failed to say that the steelers offense is in shambles... Cimini can go suck a bag of dicks..

7. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

unleash the beast

[​IMG]

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The fact Cimini sucks major cock notwithstanding, Why does Cimini always come off as a gigantic faggot?

I counted 5 veiled shots in this article. This guy is worthless. He tries to bully with the pen and he is a huge failure. He had to been beat up his entire life. This could have been a really good article but as usual Cimini ruins it.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That is just such a sad pic and refuse to repost it. The next ticker-tape will be green and white

10. jetsandthecity

jetsandthecity New Member

it's a great picture.. he's sitting there thinking about how next year it's gonna be him and his teammates celebrating a playoff win on that field.... and wadda'ya know??! :) i love the pic.

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

There is no denying that Rich Cimini is an ass. Much of his writing has a demeaning tone and reeks of his smarmy nature.

However, that said I found there were several adrenalin inducing passages in this story.

How moronic that many prognosticators quipped the Jets might not be able to get motivated for the game against Pittsburgh, like the Patriots game was our Superbowl.

I like the hunger aspect of the Jet players. Mostly because it mirrors the championship starved mojo of us die hard fans who have lived and died with this team for the last thirty years or more.

He mentioned the foiled AFC games since 83, 98 and last year. For me all week and season for that matter I have felt like the New York Jets have been a powerful Tsunami bubbling and churning toward greatness.

Well, right now that New York Jets Wave is waiting to crash over the side of Heinz Field and level the Steelers, their fans and send them all back to Polka Land.

Hunger and Hurt are a great motivator. Rex got our boys stoked earlier this week with talk of hats, t-shirts and hardware.

All year there has been a feeling that something very special is brewing for the Jets team. Now Tomorrow we get a chance to go out and prove it.

Go Jets!!!

#11 BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

agree with Puck here. Cimini sucks.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

It isn't sad at all.

Only makes you stronger...

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

the steelers had a hard time finding a vendor willing to supply 6,000 cubic yards of gold and black confetti due to a clause in the contract that required to vender to 'buy it back if unused'.

this 'buy it back if unused' clause has NEVER been in the contract terms in the past. i guess the steeler mgmt ain't so sure it's gonna get used!

of course i made this up, but what the hell. i'm sure fox will pick this up and go viral with it.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Yup. It's as big a part of the game as the other 2 imo. If you can start at the opponents 40 instead of the 20, thats 2 less 1st downs you have to get, and 20 less yards to get points. Conversely, if you have a guy like Smith, Hester, Mariani, etc.. that can get you a td on ST, it's free points that other teams dont have. And, if you can pin an opponent back inside their 5, that basically guarantees they wont score, and will give your team decent to very good field position.

But when teams have goot ST, its dismissed as fluky. I think that the Jets have a clear advantage in ST on Sunday, and might be the reason we win the game yet again.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I am sorry did not see the other article on here. My bad

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Cmini is such an asshole. So annoying that he's following the Jets. Wish he's be assigned to the Giants so they can deal with all his veiled insults.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Just wondering....how many of you guys who hate Rich Cimini are over the age of 35 ? 40 ? 45 ?

His writing style is PERFECT for those of us who go back to the 1960's and 1970's because he brings up the past. I sense the newcomers don't want to hear about it and hold it against him.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I'm over forty and I can't stand him.