IncarseratedBob: Welker being shopped.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Jan 20, 2011.

1. steves850

steves850 Active Member

That's a valid point but as much as I hate Bellicheat he is a great football mind and knows how to get players to perform over the threshold and he knows how to scout players.

2. nym05

nym05 New Member

i heard that the pats have 7 picks in the top 70 or some ridiculous number like that. itll be a close fight for the division every year.

3. 624

624 Banned

incarceratedbob also said the Patriots are shopping Wes Welker

4. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I see the Pats getting rid of Welker, but Julian Edelman stepping in and doing almost as well as welker. On paper Branch and Edelman might look like an awful pair of starting recievers but I think Brady and Belichick will get it done, unfortunately.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If Welkers gone (likely via trade) theres a 100% chance of them drafting signing, or trading for a wr.

Virtually no chance of them having the impact that Welker does, but their 1-2 punch wont be Edelman and Branch.

#25 dcm1602, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We've been hoping and praying for the demise or downfall of the Patriots for years now. Fact of the matter is as long as Tom Brady is playing they will continue to be regular season threats. Patriots would be smart to use one of their million picks on a QB that can step right in when Brady retires ala Rodgers or else all the picks they have will end up being meaningless.

The Patriots go as long as Tom Brady goes.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I guess we should be thankful Luck decided not to come out of college the year the Pats have 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd, 2 3rds, and a great wr they could afford to give up.

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Ocho wouldn't be a good fit in NE. He would bring a lot of unwanted attention. but hey go for it, it's a division rival and Revis owns Ocho so it don't matter to me.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I saw something the other day where they said the Cowboys "may consider" trading Dez Bryant.
    My first thought when I heard that was the Patriots going after him,given the amount of draft picks they have.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Thats been debunked.

Dez Bryant is the exact kind of guy Jerry Jones wants to build his team around.

Their passing game should easily be top 3 or 4 with Witten/Austin/Romo/Bryant all healthy and even possibly Roy Williams. Hell those guys and then their 3 headed monster @ hb keeping defenses honest theres no offense in the nfl who even comes close to having that many weapons.

Hell with that offense and Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator and Phillips fired, this will be the first year I might buy into the Dallas in the superbowl hype.

11. HighFlyingJets

The bigger question should be how they'll replace Mankins or anyone else who leaves NE?

Try not to put too much stock into NE having 6 draft picks during the 1st three rounds. Two in each. They'll never have a Tanny.

I'll admit, the Patriots had their best draft in recent memory (since the drafting of Brady by fluke). They drafted some real talents with the CB out of RU, Spikes out of FL, Gronkowski & Hernandez, but lets not forget, they've been drafting bust after bust for years now. Since 06, while we've drafted talents such as Brick, Mangold, Leon, Brad, Revis, Harris, Keller, Lowery, Sanchez, Greene & Slauson... NE has landed & stuck with guys like Mayo, Chung, Vollmer, Eddelman, Merriweather etc, etc, & yes; we drafted a bust in Gholston, but what about their busts? I can name over 20 since 06 starting with Maroney. Actually, I cant, because they never made it off the practice squad.

It'll be a miracle if NE drafts 3 real talent. Then they'll still have to wait for the development of those rookies.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The patriots would be pretty smart to trade welker this offseason. His value Is high and he doesn't work as the #1 receiver in an offense. He's the best slot/second option WR in the NFL. The patriots lost that #1 guy with Moss so Welker's dipped.

I could see him going to Detroit or Carolina

13. HighFlyingJets

I disagree. I'll take the Jets weapons over the Cowboys weapons. You cant compare the WR trio's. It's not even close. They may have Austin & Bryant, but as of right now, you won't find a better 1-2 punch than Edwards & Holmes. Cotchery over Williams is what leaves that trio in the dust. Witten was always on the verge of being great, but Keller is a star in the making. I'll give Witten the experience, but I won't give him the raw talent over Keller. Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery & Keller over Austin, Bryant, Williams & Witten all day. Brad Smith is a real weapon too. Put Greene & Smith against Barber & Felix-Jones & it's a close one. I'll give them the edge with Choice, but then Our O-Line becomes the big X-Factor.

Our weapons don't come close? I disagree. Also, if we beat Pittsburgh, Sanchez will have 7 postseason games under his belt. He'll be considered a 3rd year veteran heading into next season.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Incarcerated bob rumors?

lose your password

15. HighFlyingJets

Now dcm, your one hell of a poster, I understand exactly where your coming from... The Cowboys are loaded with top of the line talent. A boat load potential. Maybe it's just the Jets fan in me, but when I look at this Jets roster, when I see how they play on Sundays... I just feel there isn't an offense in league, that can be as explosive as the Jets; Once Sanchez takes off. It's just a deep feeling I get when I watch this team explode out NO WHERE. I swear, you never know when it's coming... You get pissed, but you just KNOW it's about to happen. Braylon is like another 6'3+ Keyshawn. Holmes is a super bowl MVP who makes Jerry Rice types of catches during championship types of moments. L.T reminds me that I'm watching future Jim Brown HOF greatness and Greene & our O-Line just remind me of an old 1950's smash mouth style of attack. Then you throw in Brad Smith & the wild cat and it's like, I cant believe I'm watching the Jets. But it all starts with Sanchez, & I cant help but see a future star in this kid.

16. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

It never gets easier..........trust me.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Ruined them so much that they went something like 11-1 without him while teams with him were under .500. Let's not get carried away.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

incarcerated bob is a joke.

19. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Hey folks can we focus on this season....it's not over yet!

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Ocho cant shut up. Wont fit well with the PATS at all and REVIS would shut him down. As for the Patriots offense, the short passes, probably wont work against the JETS anymore. B.B needs something new.