Bart Scott this Sunday..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KJet84, Jan 13, 2011.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bart Scott LITERALLY saved the season with his tackle on I believe Blair White on that 2nd down screen during the final drive for the Colts. A first down and they run the clock out and win the game.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Bart Scott may actually be one of the most UNDER-rated players around. He's a one man wrecking crew against the run.

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Francesa said today that Rex would play a small ball defense and keep
    Scott on the sideline against the Pats. Yes really.

4. HighFlyingJets

In my eyes, Bart Scott has been one of the better 3-4 IMLB's for years now. He's also, in my eyes, one of the most underrated Jets behind Moore & Pouha. Other than Jet fans, no one really talks about those two guys.

I feel this man does a lot more for our defense... than just take up blocks for Harris to make plays, attack the L.O.S with aggression & stuff the run for 4 quarters strong. He's also one of, if not the true leader of this defense. He's our very own Rex Ryan on the football field. He plays the MLB position with plenty of heart, guts, determination, along with a toughness thats 2nd to none. He brings more than just toughness to our defense, he brings the type of toughness thats needed for any defense to beat teams such as the Chargers & Colts during road playoff games.

Harris & Scott really do make for one hell of a 1-2 punch. It's a team game, but Im not sure if our defense would have ranked top 5 in back to back season without Revis, Harris, Scott & Pouha. I know we wouldn't have.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Somebody doesn't understand the TED LB in a 3-4.

oh well.

What I do love is the conviction in the OP

6. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I personally think Bart Scott has been the Jets DPOY this year. Would it be great if he crushed Brady into the ground forcing a fumble that he returned 99 yards for a touchdown? Obviously. But I'm happy if he plays the same smash mouth mistake free football he has played all year.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I loled @ this too

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Bart Scott sucks. He needs to be slapping Brady around, stuffing the run, defending Branch down the field & helping out w/ time management on offense. Time he earned his pay.

9. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I thought the Colts game was Bart's best game all year.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I was going to post something similar, but its already been posted, so I won't have too.

But I will say, we were never going to sign Ray Lewis, because we already had David Harris. David Harris (for all intents and purposes) is our Ray Lewis. Part of the reason Lewis' play has dropped off (not coincidentally in 2009 & 2010) is because of the loss of Bart Scott.

It had been mentioned in a previous Scott thread, but i feel it is important to rehash it here. Bart Scott is essentially the fullback for the defense. Tony Richardson gets no love for our offense because FB is such a loveless position, but he is a big reason why our running game is as successful as it is. Bart Scott takes on the offensive FB (a FB on a FB? tough concept for some of you I know...) and pulling offensive lineman. He either dispatches the blocker himself, or he occupies it long enough for David Harris to run into the hole untouched. Scott is a big reason why David Harris is excelling as much as he is.

Scott has been a beast for us this year, if you understand his role in the defense, you would know that.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Bart has done everything expected of him and more. He's the last guy we should be criticizing. We know he struggles in coverage but we knew that before we signed him.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Scott > Coleman

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

bart has been the best LB on the team this year ... the OP is out of his mind

14. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Scott was barely on the field against the Colts because we loaded the field with DB's. I would venture on to say that 70% of our defensive snaps, the only linebackers on the field were Harris, Pace and Thomas, with 97 and 58 playing on the line. Scott barely saw the field on anything other than a first down. I expect to see the same thing this week, you know the Pats will be running out the 5 receiver sets like it's a game of Madden on rookie.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Bart Scott is one guy on this team that I know will back up his talk this Sunday. Just like I know the Pats are pussies and wont throw to Revis, I know BJGE and that scrub the Jets cut, wont get more than 50 yards against Bart and Harris.

This game comes down to 9 people who will make or break the game with their play or coaching, and Scott is not one of them (Sanchez, Rex, Schotty, Pace, Thomas, Taylor, Pool, Smith, and Lowery)...

16. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Ring Woodheads bell. Not saying try to hurt the kid, but he's coming off a concussion. Hit him....hard!

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the op is right scott needs to step up.

no i am kidding just felt bad noone was agreeing with him

18. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

scott has done a great job and done alot of the dirty work. he isn't a stat whore he's a team player and thats why rex loves him

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

HAHAHAHAHA. This made me lolz. But it's so true. People that don't understand the game think Bart Scott is mediocre when really he's been playing at a high level all year.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Scott has mostly played great for the Jets, most obviously in the running game. Dropping back into pass coverage is not his strong point, but that's true of most linebackers.

That about covers it.