Drew Coleman Injured in Practice: No structural damage, just sore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Jan 13, 2011.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I say it week in and week out, but Coleman is known for one good play, and then fuck-ups the rest of the game. With that said, we cannot afford another injury, and I hope he is able to play on Sunday.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

RichCimini Jets CB Drew Coleman (knee) doesn't seem to be seriously hurt, but team is sending him for precautionary MRI exam. #Jets

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Coleman couldn't cover Obama with credentials from Pravda.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

this shit only happens to us

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Now all the people who want to see Cole and Wilson play over him might get their chance. I hope Coleman is ok he is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

6. Titans

Titans Member

Oh yes what splendid skills he possess:rofl:

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Put in Cole, and let him get a pick 6.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

TheJetsStream #Jets Drew Coleman's MRI didn't reveal any structural damage, per source. He's just sore right now. #nfl #nyj 4 minutes ago ยท reply

9. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

I think the Pats are the most luckiest team this season. Everything they are going to play a team, that team suffers an injury before the game, being it a major player or not
    They got to play Ravens with Reed out. They got to play Steelers with A. Smith out and a bunch of OL out, Hines got hurt in first play. I sure if you look you will find so many key players going out before playing them

10. sah02010

sah02010 Banned

Is this a joke? Do you really think the Pats cannot win with this guy in the game and healthy? The Pats obliterated the Steelers with Polamalu in...Ward is old and hardly the player he was. Remember, the Patriots hurt him. These players you mention would have made merely a smidgen of difference in these games outside of possibly Ed Reed. Even then, it was the first game in a new scheme.

The game, Sunday, will not come down to whether or not Smith is in or out. He is not and will not be a difference maker for the Jets.

11. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

I think i have confidence in kyle wilson to step up in coverage. Albeit against a JV buffalo team wilson held steven johnson in check and did look pretty good on a couple plays. maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Eh...he could have gotten flagged a couple times. He didn't but he was a bit 'handsy' in coverage and against the Patriots he won't get the benefit of the doubt on plays like that. The reason why I even bring it up is he had issues with penalties when he actually got PT in the beginning of the season.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Manish says no structural damage, it's just sore.

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Integral was the wrong word, because he's not essential. A journalism major should know better. I should've said 'important' because he is. At this point in his career, he's better than Wilson/Cole. How many times did he get beat in Indy? Twice? Overall, he shut White down.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

great. Its not as bad as first thought.

16. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

I don't want Coleman to miss this game and hope he is good to go. Good News comming in.

That said, I have to admit that I have been hoping to see Kdub get some playing time. As a few others have mentioned, my biased eyes feel decieved. Has the PRACTICE performance of Wilson been on the decline, or has Coleman really been that much better? Either way, it is good to see that Drew has improved overall this year.

ALSO is Isaiah Trufant doing well enough to have pulled ahead on the depth chart? Have not heard anything since some press conference stuff after he signed. I was under the impression he was active only as an insurance policy with the always attached... chance to earn it.

17. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Cornerback Drew Coleman had a precautionary MRI after suffering a knee injury in practice Thursday, according to a source. The MRI revealed no structural damage but Coleman is sore. If Coleman can't go on Sunday, Kyle Wilson, Marquice Cole and Isaiah Trufant would likely share the nickel cornerback duties in the divisional playoff round game against the Patriots.

"If Drew does need to be replaced, we'll do it by committee," defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said. "I think the plan would be too much to just drop on one guy's lap, so I think we'd probably compartmentalize it a little bit."

That's because the nickel role will be key against a versatile New England offense.

"The nickel is very important," cornerback Antonio Cromartie said. "The nickel's going to be in on every down the way they run their offense."

Rex Ryan lauded Wilson, who lost the nickel job to Coleman earlier this year. Coleman had 41 tackles, four sacks and five forced fumbles in the regular season.

RETURN ENGAGEMENT
    Expect Jerricho Cotchery to be the Jets' top punt returner on Sunday.

Westhoff all but ruled out the explosive Santonio Holmes - who let a ball roll between his legs during a first-half return against the Colts, a near-disastrous mental mistake - saying, "We're probably going to look in a little bit of a different direction."

Westhoff said the Jets would likely "mix it up" on Sunday, possibly using rookie Joe McKnight if he's active for the game, or putting two men deep to return. But the sure-handed Cotchery will be the top option.

SMITH NOT 100%
    Brad Smith (groin) was limited in his return to practice, participating in individual drills. Ryan and special teams coach Mike Westhoff admitted that Smith still needs to show further improvement for him to assume kickoff return duties on Sunday.

"We're prepared to go without him," Westhoff said.

Cromartie, whose late-game 47-yard kick return helped set up Nick Folk's game-winning field goal against the Colts last Saturday, will handle kickoff returns if Smith isn't 100%.

REX GETS A GRIP
    Ryan harped on one key stat: The Patriots finished the regular season with a plus-27 turnover differential, easily tops in the league.

"The thing that blows you away is the plus-27 that they have in turnover ratio," Ryan said. "The fact that they have only turned the ball over 10 times. That really speaks volumes of how good they have been at protecting the ball."

In the Jets' early-season win over New England, Ryan's crew forced three turnovers and committed none. In the blowout loss, Mark Sanchez threw three interceptions, while the Patriots were spotless.

"We have got to take it away from them, and we obviously have to protect the ball ourselves," Ryan said.

REX TRIES THE BEST
    Ryan admitted that he often borrows from Bill Belichick's game plans.

"If I'm going to steal, I generally steal from the best," Ryan said. "And I've stolen from him in the past, so I respect him in that way."

Ryan also called Belichick the "best in the business.

"He prepares great," Ryan said. "It seems like you never out-prepare him or outwork him or whatever. He's always got some wrinkles for you. Just a great coach, a great competitor; he's seen it all. ... But again, I've got no love for him this week."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-01-14_nickel_split_3_ways.html#ixzz1B1aub93E

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Considering this thead is about Drew Coleman, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume another illiterate Pats fan.

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i still dont trust drew coleman (and i dont know if i ever will) but this game will likely come down to turnovers, and drew fucking coleman is the best playmaker in our secondary

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Dennis Miller, ladies and gentlemen.