HAAA! Welker takes a jab at Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

This is funny, but I don't think Wes was taking a shot here. I was at Texas Tech with Welker and one thing we use to make fun of him about was his reference to foot in every interview. The guy loves foot work in football.
    If you do a google search of his interviews whiles at Miami, you will see lots of references to foot work and feet and all that.
    Would have been too smart for welker and I doubt he is that smart.

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

He's no Westhoff.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Now waitasekit, waitasekit.. dat's not gawbij, dat's how you tawk in da National Football Lig. Welkuh's comments ah like tryin to catch an eel.

Back afta dis.

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Jets should haul Vincent Shenocca out at a press conference and start making jokes about how Vincent was married for 10 years to Sharon Shenocca until bellicek (who was also married) started giving Sharon Shenocca limos/money/trips/townhouses/etc. then we can start cracking jokes about how BB is the consumate cheater whether it be on his wife, the NFL, his kids or with other people's wives....

HAHAHAHAHA all in good fun of course. : )

5. rbarber

rbarber Banned

This thread gets five pages? How many people actually read the interview? Raise your hands, please. Didn't think so.

Now go and read it. This is the most garbage thread I have ever read.

P.S. Your Jets loyalty is touching. I got all choked up watching everybody preen themselves in here Week 16 when you backed into the playoffs. But this..., well, this is ridiculous.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

You MUST be joking.

You're joking, aren't you?

7. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

Welker 2008. I doubt there were any foot issues about then

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So are you taking the stance that his comments had nothing to do with Rex Ryan's foot fetish videos? Because if you are, that's pretty special.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

i always love it when douchecheese like rbarber shows up - it means the pats are getting nervous.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Such a garbage thread that you felt compelled to post in it? Imbecile.

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's funny when the Brady ball boys get all indignant that a Jets message board doesn't fawn all over Brady & Co.

12. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

How come there are so many Pats fans here?

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Come on dude from pats fans to our keyboards, Gronkowksi is uncoverable. he's the greatest football player ever to walk the earth. No way a simpleton like Revis could handle him. There's an entire thread dedicated to how God like Rob Gronkowski is.

14. Barry the Baptist

They ran out of alcohol in Boston

15. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Because the two team play on Sunday. Are you dense?

16. rbarber

rbarber Banned

If you took every reference in that interview out of context, pasted them all together, then mentioned Rex's name four or five times, then you might have a case. But as it's written? As Welker actually said it? Again--you've got to be kidding.

And yes, I do find your loyalty touching. Me, I still think that we should have beat the '85 Bears. I'll take that a step further. I think that we were a better team than the Bears that year. There was a dropped pass in the first quarter--a sure touchdown--that if we had caught, momentum would have been on our side and who knows how the game would have turned out? You guys remind me of me.

17. Barry the Baptist

Sorta like your loyalty to penis? You don't seem to have any issue with that backing into you?

18. mayoclinic

mayoclinic New Member

Go and lurk on pats forum and you will not see Jets fans all over every fecking thread. It is annoying me already

19. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

SMH at all the blunt and hypocritical Jet fans in here taking offense to this. The foot fetish video, although shocking, was more funny than anything else. Welker's subtle inclusion of the word "foot" in his interview was nothing more than lighthearted trash talking. He was simply responding to all the trash talking the Jets have done. What he did was completely different from Rex insulting Brady saying that Manning is better than Brady and that he gets help from Belichick (even if it's somewhat true) or Cromartie cursing at Brady during an interview. Those are insults (particularly the Cromartie comments). What Cromartie said leads to anger and fights. Welker and Rex will probably joke around about the comments at a later time. It's good hearted ribbing.

There is no double standard. Rex has been trash talking over the last 2 years, and it was all lighthearted fun until the recent insults by Rex and Cromartie. Regardless, the Jets have developed a reputation for trash-talking, and have been talking all week. Welker makes a subtle joke in response to all the trashtalking, and all of a sudden there's a double standard because the media doesn't get on him? This is such illogical and hypocritcal thinking. It's like throwing 100 rocks at somebody and being surprised when he throws one back. It's like a thug trying to rob someone's house and complaining to the cops when he gets bitten by the house dog.

Seriously, I thought the "Fire Schotty" threads and the "Mark Sanchez is 3-1 in the postseason and is therefore good, let's not use conventional QB metrics to evaluate his performance" threads were dumb. This thread takes the cake.

And PS, I think Sanchez will be very good in the future. He just isn't playing good now.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i wouldnt be surprised if eric smith took a cheap shot on wes welker over this. pretty sure our entire locker room is pretty pissed welker insulted rex's wife.

i dont recall rex bashing anybodys family, or wife.