Can Sanchez end his critics and kill SOJ on sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 11, 2011.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Its obvious that Sanchez's critics and SOJ morons are still out in masses.

During our rough patch at the end of the season you heard the doom and gloom folks come out in masses and talk of an epic collapse where the Jets would miss the playoffs. Then they cried one and done, and again cried to bench Sanchez during the Colts game. These pathetic sad excuses for human begins even turned on Rex

Now with the Jets heading to the heavily favored Patriots, who everyone in the media is on their knees blowing and basically guaranteeing to win the superbowl (even saying if the Pats dont win the superbowl it would be more of an upset than when their perfect season ended) Sanchez has an opportunity to prove these doubters wrong.

Do you think that if he personally comes out and performs sealing a win for us that it will be enough to kill SOJ , along with forever silencing the "Sanchez Sucks" crowd ?

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I don't think there are as many "Sanchez haters" out there as there are people waiting for Sanchez to develop. I believe he has the potential to be a good Quarterback. I am waiting for that to pan out, I don't expect it to happen in his sophomore year, that would be unfair.
    Please don't call someone a Sanchez hater if they were not happy with his performance at Indy. One has every right to be dissatisfied with that kind of play from your Qb in a playoff game.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

It's not SOJ.

It's GPC :gpc:.

4. GreenMachine

He is a second year QB. People and the media act like he is in his 5th year as a starter.

5. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

What will silence the "Sanchez sucks" crowd is when I dont know Sanchez stops sucking. He has been horrific at Gillete the 2 times he has been there, hopefully he doesn't go 0 for 3.

6. 624

624 Banned

Sanchez will always have critics and there will always be SOJF's.

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Being unsatisfied is one thing.

But the people saying bench him @ halftime are flat out morons.

That said he really didnt have a terrible game.

He had about 6 or 7 god awful throws ( about 5 of them were fortunately near nobody) but a few clutch balls that got dropped and his #s and the score woulda favored us a bit better

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I like how literally right after this post someone has the audicity to say "When he stops sucking"
    Peyton Manning threw 28 picks his rookie year and didn't win a playoff game till what, his sixth year? Now I know the Colts teams sucked for the first couple of years COMPLETELY, and I'm not saying Mark is going to be on the same level as Peyton, but people need to chill the fuck out on this kid.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Do people honestly expect a 2nd year QB to out duel Brady? Rough crowd here.

He has to be much better than he was on Saturday that is for sure. I can do without the Jets putting this game on Sanchez. The Jets badly need to keep Brady in check the 1st quarter or so and establish the run. 2 things they didn't come close to doing in game 2.

No he will not silence his critics short of putting up a 25-35 4 td's 0 int. and 375yds passing performance. I would sooner be banging Marissa Miller than that will happen.

#9 Miamipuck, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

GM said it best.

People think he's a seasoned veteran.

Its embarrassing how some think he should be a top 10 QB already. This is the normal progression for a QB. This is how they've grown for the last 60 years.

He has the whole comeback kid and big time game thing down. Let's just wait until he's consistent. That comes with experience.

His haters can fucking blow me. He's 22-12 in 2 seasons after starting 16 games in college.

He is going to be inconsistent, and his growing pains are going to be big and painful to us die hard fans.

SOJ won't die until this franchise has its own dynasty and beats down the pats like they are the Bills. Expect it to never go away for quite some time.

What I do is make fun of them and understand I'm above the average fan who can't keep his emotions in check on gameday.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well hes playing against the 30th ranked pass defense, and Brady is going against the best CB tandem in the nfl.

So it sorta is a fair duel

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Dude, its so far and beyond those two stats.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I know, I think its their home field advantage that will make the entire difference anyway.

Because I truely honestly think Sanchez (with the help of our defense) can outgun Brady in our house any day

14. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Sanchez can kill his critics, but nobody can kill the "SOJ" term.

It's just a term that is going to be associated with the team whenever we are going through a bad stretch

The only way we will be able to make people forget about it is if we can win consistently for a long amount of time, and win a SB along the way.

But even then some people will still be using it. It's just something we have to deal with as Jets fans

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I disagree the term has to die eventually.

I mean you dont see any many franchises go through a rough stretch and people start to say similar things. Hell look at the Giants theyve had epic collapses like what 3 years in a row or something and their fans dont suddenly start jumping ship.

The only team that even comes "close" to something like SOJ is the Raiders/Cowboys with their "same old owners" making really stupid decisions and Norv Turners inability to win the big games.

At some point its gotta turn from "same old jets" to its just a rut well well get through it.

And I think if Sanchez can beat the most heavily favorited team in the nfl in their house, and thus winning 4 of his first 5 playoff games people will realize that were going to be a superbowl contender every single year and hes going to be leading us to em.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sanchez is developing people need to relax when saying he sucks & when saying he's an elite qb that can duel w/ Manning & Brady like equals. Sanchez is a 2nd year qb who didn't even put in 4 years in college.

He's shown flashes of awesome with his ability to elude pass rushers & last minute heroics but he's inconsistent with his accuracy & still makes mental errors & still needs his mechanics corrected sometimes. His weaknesses can be corrected with experience though so I'm positive.

Right now, Sanchez hasn't shown the ability to carry the Jets offense when the running game is getting stuffed. However, the Jets have a solid running game & very good O-line which helps avoid that type of situation.

Jet fans should be happy w/ Sanchez. It's annoying when fans start panicking w/ comments like Sanchez sucks or bench Sanchez. At the same time, it's just as annoying when some Jets fans can't take off the homer glasses and think Sanchez is already at the elite level.

===
    As for SOJ, it won't change until the Jets win some superbowls. The SOJ mentality has been drilled in for many years & won't go away with just a couple years of nice playoff runs. Part of the SOJ mindset is that success doesn't last & Jets teams peak without ever having a chance to win SB.

#16 ajax, Jan 11, 2011
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just his road record in the playoffs speaks volumes about his ability and will to win.

But...I fear the shoulder issue is worse than what the team is saying.
    Look at the awful throws in the Colts game. He's been inaccurate before, but I've never seen him sail so many balls and overthrow receivers like that. The second half looked better, and he made some clutch throws, but the passes were still high and away. The 3rd & 5 pass that Holmes dropped was barely a catch-able ball.

Even if his injury is not serious, I think it's affecting his mechanics a lot.
    It's certainly affecting the number of reps he's getting in practice, and for a young qb that's not a good thing.

I predict we're gonna see a lot more of Brad Smith under center, as well as lots more of LT & Greene this week.

Hey...it might even be a good thing.

18. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

One thing not to forget

Sanchez 2 games against the Pats this year = 7 Picks.
    If he gives Brady 2 or 3 extra possesions Jets don't stand a chance.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm not worried about giving the ball back to the Pats - I'm just concerned about not being able to capitalize on opportunities. But I've got a feeling Sanchez has a career performance on Sunday.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Where'd you get those stats? I don't think he threw any ints till week 6.

I do know that Sanchez had his highest rated game against the Pats, as well as the lowest.

#20 Acad23, Jan 11, 2011