NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think it's hard to hold much against Caldwell this season; their injury record has been so horrific and to such important players that I don't really see how the coach could have done much more than make the postseason.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL, thrown at 5 times because he couldn't get open. LMAO

Great way to skew the stats though. 5 targets and 3 catches for 55 yards and 0 Tds, HUGE game.

3. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I don't think I am skewing the numbers at all... For Jet fans to say Revis shut down Wayne and then when the stats say differently...this doesn't add into the catches Clark got over him as well...

Revis is a great CB and that is no dispute, but when playing against Wayne who is a physical route runner, I think the matchup is not as lopsided as many Jet fans would like to say. I think both will push each other to the limits and Wayne may not get 100 receiving yards or either a touchdown, but he will be a possesion receiver and will force Revis to play on the outside, therefore opening the middle of the field for easy recptions for Tammy and White.

Also, we don't know which Cromartie will show up Saturday, I think it is safe to say Cromartie has underacheived this season?

4. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Also, that's over 18 ypc against Revis. If you look at Rcvrs facing Revis last year, those were the highest YPC against Revis and the Colts won the game. Don't forget the play when Wayne threw Revis out of his way when Revis attempted to bump him off the line (get physical).

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Question for our visiting Colts fans ...

You guys have a ton of injuries this year, do you have any idea how many of those came at home? The Jets suffered a couple of injuries @Indy last year. I'm wondering if there's something about that field that's maybe causing injuries or isn't forgiving ...

6. MadBacker Prime

I'm not getting into this, if you think 3 catches for 55 yards and no TDs for your NUMBER 1 receiver is a good day then you're not worth my time. That is fucking retarded.

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Regardless - 3 catches for 55 is a mediocre game. Against Revis it may be a great game, but for a guy like Reggie Wayne those numbers aren't worth hanging a hat on.

8. MadBacker Prime

Just the fact he was only targeted 5 times shows you how great Revis is.

The week prior to that game he was targeted 11 times and had 8 catches and a TD.

That is more than double the targets!!!!

9. WhiteShoeWillis

Wayne did far better against Revis than most receivers in terms of getting separation. The stats may not reflect it, but he did very well against him.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

You are so intelligent, it hurts.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Caldwell has done a pretty damn good Job thus far. Guy has had great success as a HC and he hasn't needed to wear wigs or cry or say dumb things at press conferences or publicize his private life....

12. MadBacker Prime

Yes he did, but in no way was that a good game.

In the regular season game Peyton missed him on what would've been a TD.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm sure having Peyton Manning helps. Rex is just being himself and he's been pretty damn successful himself. I love how people act like Rex talking is costing us wins.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Reggie Wayne having a better game than most or all WRs against Revis last year does not constitute a good game. The bar wasn't really set all that high...

15. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Is that you, Dungy?

16. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I think you have to be consistent with your line of thinking... If Revis is the GREATEST CB in the NFL, then a receiver catching over 50% of targeted passes at him and having over 18 ypc is better than adequate.

You are holding Wayne against what would be great for Wayne in terms of stats but you aren't holding Revis to the same standards. I agree Wayne compared to his stats amongst other DB's didn't have his normal stats, but he had more yards than most of the better Rcvrs who went against Revis in 2 games last year.

And we know, Revis respects Wayne and his abilities as a Rcvr as Wayne respects Revis. I know this is off topic, but do you recall the play in which Revis was checking Clark and Clark caught a pass from a slant over Revis and then proceeded to truck Revis... Your LB picked up a facemask on that play...

17. MadBacker Prime

I stopped after the first sentence.

By your retarded logic if he was targeted once and caught ONE pass then he had a great day.

Reggie Wayne who usually averages about 10 targets was only thrown at half of that amount? Can you grasp that?

Peyton had nearly 400 yards passing that day, Garcon and Collie both over a hundred yards and had TDs.

Reggie d

id better than most, but that's not saying much since most do nothing.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No DUI's either. HC of the year.

19. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Ok internet gangsta

20. WhiteShoeWillis

exactly.

Code:
    10/20/2010	Pat McAfee 	Indianapolis	P_	Arrested on suspicion of public intoxication. He apparently was swimming in a canal in Indianapolis night club district.	 
    9/3/2010	Fili Moala 	Indianapolis	DT	Arrested, charged with drunken driving, speeding, after being stopped at 2:30 a.m. Blood-alcohol content measured 0.15.	 
    8/8/2010	John Gill 	Indianapolis	DL	Arrested, charged with public intoxication. Police said he was found passed out on side of road.	 
    1/1/2010	Taj Smith 	Indianapolis	WR	Arrested on suspicion of DUI after being pulled over at 3:24 a.m.