Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Manning just happens to match up well w/ rex's D's, he sure didn't look smart playing Ten in '99, Mia in '00, us in '02, NE in '03 and '04, Pitt in '05, SD in '08, NO in '09,...

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

2-2 against the Pats in the past 2 seasons, something tells me Brady needed some help he wasn't getting from Belichick during 2 of those games, chimp.

3. abyzmul

That's why I added the 'clutch' part of the equation. Brady was wet behind the ears in 2001 but he held up under the pressure, as a second year QB.

But while Brady is scootering to his local salon for a manicure, Manning is obessesing about football. The problem is that he sucks under postseason pressure for the majority of his career.

4. nyjunc

We have a pretty good team, Brady is winning w/ talent where half of those guys shouldn't even be in the league. Danny Woodhead couldn't get on the field here yet he is an important weapon for Brady. That's all we really need to know.

How come w/o Brady the genius belichick has never won anything?

5. nyjunc

The postseason is when the most important games are played so obviously all that studying isn't helping. Maybe peyton should find a way to relax? take a trip to the salon and get his legs waxed w/ tom?

6. A year and a half ago I would've cared a helluva lot more about anything Rex says than I do now. This is just Rex being Rex. In a way, it's no different than BB's secretive "Don't tell the media anything" routine. Other than specific player related questions..most coaches repeat themselves press conference after press conference. Rex just happens to be more brash and outspoken than others are. It's never made any difference in the outcome of a game...and if the media still feels a need to go crazy everytime Rex compliments the team..it DOES in fact take some pressure off the jets players.

The only reason this is still a story on a weekly basis is b/c of the media and opposing fans. Patty cake fans shouldn't need a collection of Rex one liner's to get up for a playoff game against the jets..or to hate the jets at all. It's a classic rivalry between the New York and Boston metro. But if it adds fuel to their fire this far into the Ryan regime...more power to em. I can think of a hundred different reasons I despise the Patriots before even getting to how bland and off-putting BB is in his press conferences.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The Patriots wouldn't be a Championship team without Belichick. Anyone who compares Belichick's coaching results from Cleveland to what's he's done in NE doesn't have a clue about what happened in Cleveland and why he was never set up to succeed. They are also undermining what he did to turn the Patriots around.

8. nyjunc

What he did was get lucky lucky w/ a 6th round pick out of Michigan in 2000 thanks to Dick Rebein. Isn't it amazing how the turnaround didn't staryt until Brady started a game in wek 3 of the 2001 season? is he a better coach than he was in Cleveland? of course but he wouldn't be a HC right now if Brady didn't save his career.

9. capetide

capetide Banned

LOL 2-2 That's progress for the Jets, Thre is no rivalry with the Patriots as much as little Rexie tries to make one.

10. perfectpackage99

we all like to knock brady, but he deserves our respect. As much as I hate that fake loser Brady, he was classy after the Pats destroyed us and he's in the zone. You don't need to be an athlethic speciment to succed at QB. Brady follows the game plan and picks you apart and this is why the patriots are winners, they follow procedures and they are a well oiled machine. It is like managing any company, follow procedure you succeed. Now that being said, we will beat the Colts and march into NE and put brady's face into the turf and beat the pats, you heard it here first.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

LOL, r-tard line of the month right here.... Go away troll.

12. nyjunc

The biggest game on the Pats sched every year is the Jets game, whether we are goood or bad they want to beat us more than anyone b/c of belichick.

It amazes me, we trated BB like gold when he was here, leon hess gave him a million dollar bonus to stay in 1999 even though no other team wanted to hire him as a HC yet he spurned us and hates us. Imagine if we didn't give him that extra mil? how much would he hate us then?

13. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

MassHOLE....MassHOLE....MassHOLE....

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Peyton's ridiculous study habits and work ethic are pretty well documented. People aren't just making shit up.

15. JackBower

I take the title of Masshole seriously, being born and raised. This guy is not a Masshole... Just a regular ass hole with less brains than most.

This is the only place I ever heard of Pats fans defending the blatant cheating that was spy gate. I think the shield of being behind their computer allows them to conjure up ideas that they know have no place in a knowledgeable football discussion

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I like Rex and all but Tom Brady will be the consensus GOAT QB when he retires while Peyton manning will always be known as a guy that throws interceptions in big games.

17. JackBower

LOL What? This thread is great for comedy.

Serously... I don't know what to say right now

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Brady is only one of the many pieces that turned the Patriots around. Was Brady a better fit for the system than Bledsoe? Yes. But, did Belichick and Pioli build a better all-around team than they inherited. They absolutely did. Did Belichick and Pioli change the culture of the Patriots? Without a doubt. Brady is one piece, but without Belichick and Pioli the Patriots are not Champions today.

19. nyjunc

W/o Brady he's a DC somewhere today, he was the single most important piece to those dynasty teams and to the team today.

20. abyzmul

I knew you were one of the less intelligent Pats trolls to come to this site, I didn't know you were the least intelligent. How do you type with your forehead so well?