Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Meh so what...........

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Rex cracks me up when he yanks a chain and people get all butthurt.

3. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Rex really loves to put his FOOT in his mouth, am I right?

But yeah, just stupid and unnecessary with absolutely nothing positive that could be added by saying this. What's funnier is that he kind of insulted the Colts coaching staff at the same time by saying "I think there's probably a little more help from Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning" which in my mind kind of downplays any role the offensive coordinator has.

Whatever, I don't think this is really going to effect anything at all, but if I'm a Jets fans I'm not sure it encourages me at all that Ryan is still thinking about the team that waxed the Jets by 42 a few weeks ago and kind of takes a leap in bringing them up anyways. Not sure if that bodes well for the concentration and game planning this week.

I'm going to be honest, I'm rooting hard for you guys this week. Peyton Manning scares the shit out of me, but I think the Jets mostly looked like shit down the stretch and Manning will carve the Jets d up for something like 42. If the injuries and all that have caught up to the Jets and they find a way to cover tight ends and get consistent pressure and pull out a win though, two weeks from now will be a ton of fucking fun.

4. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

If you don't see it as a shot you're being naiive.

Plus what he said wasn't even accurate. Did Peyton not have Dungy as a coach? Oh thats right, Dungy wasn't a good coach now that he criticized Rex

Does Peyton not have Tom Moore? Maybe Rex needs to figure it out before he says dumb things

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It just goes to show that the Jets coaching staff has the Patriots on the brain. They continually bring them up even when the conversation has absolutely nothing to do with them.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Dungy wasn't an offensive coach, what input do you think he had in helping Manning make in-game adjustments?

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Did you miss the part about Tom Moore?

Plus Belichick isn't exactly known as an offensive guru either. He's a defensive guy

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'm not saying whether Rex is right or wrong, but he obviously thinks Belichick helps Brady with that sort of thing.

FWIW, Belichick seems to do ok whenever he's worked without an OC.

9. Patriot_Reign

Patriot_Reign Banned

The total obsession with all things Pats is too much fun here.
    Rex, you're the man!

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I seem to recall Jaws saying in the thrashing on Monday night that Brady and Belli love to study film together. Something along the lines of they took some etxra time this week to get in the film room together which was something they did when Brady was younger.

11. Barry the Baptist

I agree with you and I don't like it. The focus should always be on your opponent not somebody you won't play if you don't focus 100% on the team your up against this week. We can't and shouldn't ever speak anything Pats until we play them.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

We'll see how it plays out. It certainly won't matter if the Jets lose this weekend, Ryan and the Jets will have more to deal with then some comment about Brady he made this week.

If the Jets play the Pats and win he can say whatever he wants (and I'm sure he will)

It will only matter if the Pats win and Brady is a big reason for the victory. The larger the victory, the larger the crow pie Ryan will have to swallow.

13. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

You're partially right, what he said was that normally Belichick is too busy to do his one on one film breakdowns with Brady that he used to do, but he made a point to do it for that game since they extra time off because they played the Thurs Thanksgiving game.

14. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Who's Bellichick?

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

judging by the extension his boss recently gave him I'd say he likes it just fine.

16. Barry the Baptist

I knew it was something like that

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Thank god that Rex could give a flying fuck about what people think and will continue to speak his mind. It is part of what makes him a good coach, like it or not.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Meh, I'll care when he says what he really feels.

Indianapolis delenda est.

19. Clown

Clown New Member

Most of you guys are "BAD journalists"... A quote out of context by Rex is not rocket science.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

even though they didn't make the payoffs in '08, the pat's didn't need brady to win 11 games...