Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I know it may be hard to understand, but if it wasn't a shot at Brady then why didn't he say "nobody works harder than peyton" and just leave it at that?

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The next question probably would have been "what about Tom Brady?"

3. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I doubt Rex is the first coach the media has ever tried to trick into "dissing" someone

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Because it emphasises the point to compare him to someone known to be hard working.

5. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I don't know. I think saying nobody works harder than (whoever) is a great compliment and people would get it

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It was a completely gratuititous and unnecessarily disrespectful remark about someone who works in the same field and whose path you are going to cross again. Just poor form.

Rex has shown some extremely poor off the field judgment and lack of impulse control and you have to wonder when and how that bleeds into the product on the field. I'm perfectly happy with 11 wins, but if his team stops winning, and especially if they underachieve the way they have this season, well, the leash is going to be mighty short.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Also, I think Brady had been mentioned just a minute or two earlier, so was probably on his mind.

8. pucela

pucela New Member

Good golly, can fat boy just shut up and coach? He's begging to get fired...

9. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

I think he wanted to give an even bigger compliment emphasizing that Peyton doesn't have Belichick to help him study. Honestly, which is more impressive? A guy that works hard and has a good tutor or the guy that works hard and is self taught?

If anything, it's a swipe at Caldwell.

10. pucela

pucela New Member

at least he made it to the Super Bowl...

11. pucela

pucela New Member

the question is whether his boss likes what he says... He'd better keep having winning seasons

12. jb944

jb944 Banned

lmao outstanding post.

13. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he should take shots at that fag

problem is he will look like a moron if the jets dont beat him in the 2nd rd if they make it

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

What he says is almost completely irrelevant. he thinks Peyton is the hardest working guy in the NFL. - great, thats Rex's opinion on a great QB. Some may want to try and spin it into an insult or whatever - but nobody really cares all that much. What matters is winning games. Rex went 11-5 and made the playoffs. That is what matters most of all. If Rex goes into Indy and upsets the Colts, then that will be far more important than what his opinion is about Peyton's work ethic.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Rex said he thinks Manning studies more than Brady. He also said Brady is helped by the fact the Pats have Belichick while Manning has a nobody...

IS THAT INSULTING OR TAKING A SHOT!? Jeez... take all that sand out of your vaginas guys... I mean gals...

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Aaaaaah! For the same reason the Jets hate the Pats. It's called a rivalry. If it makes you feel better, I'd bet that Brady hates the Ravens (Suggs, Lewis) more than the Jets.

As far as Rex's comments. Who gives a shit really. As good of a coach as he has proven to be, he becomes a caricature when in front of the mic. I don't know how you can take anything he says seriously really.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't care even a little bit... but he of course purposely took a shot. Nobody stuies like Manning, Brady thinks he does... it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Or else what?

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Right. He didn't have to add that little extra. If they had asked about Brady, he could have just said, "My focus is on Manning this week not Brady". Simple but Ryan likes to talk. This IS who he is.

20. patsfan54

patsfan54 New Member

Jesus... what is the big deal here? He didn't insult Brady he was trying to praise Manning's football inteligence. So what if Brady does or doesn't get help from Belichick in breaking down a defense. Who wouldn't want arguably the greatest Defensive coach of all time helping you identify weaknesses in a defense? I know I would.. Manning is definitely a football computer there is no question about it and I would venture to guess he probably gets less help from his head coach in breaking down a D then Brady does. The writer is trying to stir the pot by incinuating that Rexy is talking smack but if you actually read the article he doesn't say anything bad. He takes a little (tiny) shot at Brady by saying Brady thinks he prepares more but whatever if that is the worst thing he is going to say who really gives two craps... The Jets and Pats hate each other we all know that and I don't see what the big deal is even if Rex said Brady is half the QB Manning is, I would personally disagree but that's his opinion. It's a rivalry we should expect things like this that's what makes being a fan of the rivalry fun..