Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He' answering a question, he's not thinking about your gay QB or douche coach. That's next week

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The more people hate RR for speaking his mind the more I like the guy. Fuck Tom Brady.

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He didn't "take a shot" at Brady. More irresponsible reporting, but what do we expect from the vultures that attend Rex PCs?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How is that not a shot at Brady?

5. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i think it all depends on how thin everyone's skin is.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Because the only thing he says about Brady is that he doesn't study as hard as Manning. He also explicitly states that nobody studies as hard as Manning. That's not a shot. He doesn't say Brady is stupid, lazy, incompetent or anything negative at all.

7. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

yeah, US. Us Jet fans and us as a team douche bigelow. I have season tickets and made noise that helped false starts, therefore, i am a team mate. hahaha

8. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Can we get a new Smilie sign added that says "Rex being Rex, nothing to see here, move along!" ?????

:shit:

Seriously Rex can't say anything without all these sensitive daisies getting their panties in a bunch. Fer fuck's sake get over it.

9. nyjunc

He may not have intended it to be shot but it was a shot. Rex is who he is, he will always talk but we just got humiliated by Brady and Co. last month, there was no need to take a shot when we wocul(hopefully) be playing NE next week.

10. nyjunc

He said "Brady thinks he does", how is this not a shot at him?

11. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

and by the way, he said he was gonna see the president in his tenure. What was Bellichicks record in his first 2 yrs as a head coach?

12. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I don't see how anyone is interpreting this as a shot at Brady. He said he felt Manning studies more then Brady. Maybe it's because Manning's team only ever lost to Rex's defense once, and Brady has lost twice in two years?

It's not like he came out and said "I think Tom Brady sucks!", pointed at the camera, winked, and walked away.

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

"Our goal is to win the Superbowl."

Should this not be every team's goal? Just because Rex doesn't sugarcoat what he says, doesn't mean he's bragging or talking smack.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Because the purpose of saying it was to emphasise that Manning is beyond comparison. He's using a guy people recognise as hard working and dedicated as a way to emphasise his point that even Brady doesn't do the work Manning does.

15. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

haha, who cares. Manning, Brady, Cowher, Dungy, Roethlisberger and Belichick have all won Super Bowls.

What does it matter, he can insult us and everyone else every which way, still doesn't change the fact the Ryan and the Jets haven't won it and we all have. In some cases multiple times. I'll take all this cr*p from Rex knowing we got the rings!

Heck, Ryan wasn't even the DC for the Ravens when they won it.
    Let him talk all he wants, it's just that. The Pats, Colts and Steelers win Super Bowls. Rex and some of his players like to talk about it like they do. Good for them and good for us. Can we just play some football already?!

If Brady or Caldwell don't like it then show them on the field. End of story, no?

16. BookEndTackles 72&79

You can't spin this one. Rex needs to shut up already. Brady and the Pats completely outclassed and outcoached his team in December and he shoots off at the mouth like this. Rex had NO answers for what the Pats did to them that Monday night and he goes on and has to say something about Brady's level of preparation when Rex was the one that was outcoached and out game planned anyway you slice it.

17. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

While I agree for the most part outside of a few quotes, IMHO perception is reality, and the perception is that it's bad. Whether or not you or I agree is sort of pointless.

18. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Is it on this board?

Then it can be spun

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm not reading the thread.

All I know is I got a cock and balls and I don't get scared when the coach of my favorite team simply states his opinion without making guarantees or telling anyone that he's going to beat them.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dummy. You have no greater insight into what makes Tom Brady tick than I do despite the fact that he's your hero.