NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

I agree that it is not sold out but I am kind of wondering if those specific tickets were returned by the Jets. (I can't imagine a team like the Jets returning tickets) But the reason I say that is because I did that exact thing last night, I typed in 20 tickets and the best ones were in the top row of the 600 level, then today you can get them in the 300 level. I don't know but this game is obviously not sold out like Irsay and the media have been saying.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Wouldn't it be dumb to say its sold out if it is in fact not? I would imagine that if people start hearing it is sold out, they will stop thinking of going, or some will just not look for themselves. Seems it could affect their ability to potentially sell out.

3. peytonmanning18

Yeah I don't get it. I'm not exactly sure how many tickets are left and what the exact rules for a blackout are by the NFL but it really doesn't make sense. Maybe there are only a few hundred tickets left and that doesn't constitute a blackout, I just don't know.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Not trying to talk smack for the sake of it, but Caldwell has seemed like a rather underwhelming presence as HC of the Colts. Interesting to see some Colts fans agree.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

When your coach is on the field on offense, it gives you time to stare blankly into space.

6. peytonmanning18

He is a tough guy to embrace. He has absolutely no personality. Whether the Colts are up 20 or down 20, he still has that same stone faced look. Which can be good to a certain degree, but sometimes a football team needs a kick in the ass, and Caldwell won't do that. I think he has done something right this year, given all the injuries but I don't think he deserves much credit for that. With Dungy, we all knew that he wasn't going to get too high or too low and he sure as hell wasn't ever going to swear but even he occasionally showed some sign of life and emotion.

7. Big Blocker

Guys who step into a position where things are generally going well are hard to gauge until they have some adversity and show how they deal with it. Of course you get some credit for keeping the ball rolling, but not so much as building up a team or helping it get through adversity.

Well the Colts have had their adversity this year, and at first seemed, from a distance, anyway, to be falling apart, but they righted the ship and made the playoffs. How much credit does Caldwell get for that? I dunno. Again from a distance it looked more like what happened was that Manning got his timing and routes down with his practice squad receivers more than anything Caldwell did.

8. Hoosier Colt Fan

Hoosier Colt Fan New Member

Not off the bandwagon,I'm a realist and the COLTS will have a tough time gettin to the SB let alone winning it.

9. Hoosier Colt Fan

Dont live in INDY like rural living but at least our state isn't up to its ass in debt and is fiscally sound!

10. peytonmanning18

Not another Indianapolis vs. New York debate. These never end well and serve no purpose. Indianapolis is always going to get bashed by New Yorkers because everyone in Indianapolis is a "hick" or "redneck" and a farmer. And the only way to judge a city is by the number of night clubs and whether they have things like the statue of liberty and empire state building.

11. Hoosier Colt Fan

Your probably right thats why I'm leaving but I get sick of that crap,heard it from the RAVENS for yrs about Baltimore and INDY never figured out what that had to do with the game. I guess when you've been owned by a team the way the COLTS have owned the RAVENS ya have to have somthing. I have been very respectful over here and most folks are great but I just get sick of that crap. Later all

12. stanner

stanner Member

still green
    <-----

having trouble logging out?

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Not to change the topic but I think this could be a great game to watch. Should be fun w/lots of interesting matchups all over the place. I think the Colts deserve to be favored b/c they have Peyton and are playing at home which will help them alot in all phases of the game.

Its a great opportunity for the Jets to take another step forward. Seems like the Jets should be able to exploit some favorable matchups against the Colts CBs and if Sanchez can get some completions early that should really help the ball control and offensive balance that the Jets will need to be successful.

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Greene must carry the ball 25+ times.
    Rex and Co cant make any mistakes from the sidelines.

With those happening we have a good chance.

If we can find any semblance of a pass rush (unlikely), its a guaranteed win.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my all time favorite mark sanchez .gif

[​IMG]
    look at the pump on dwight freeney. beautiful.

16. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I always felt you needed to give a new coach a couple of years, possibly three to know if he's getting the job done. JC is very similar in demeanor to Dungy, but I have seen him get aggitated on the sideline a few more times than Dungy did.

You always have to wonder about a coach when he takes over a club that was already winning. Is he keeping the course or riding on the coattails? Given the injuries this year and keeping the playoff streak alive, I think it's safe to say Caldwell is doing a pretty good job.

I know a lot of people like their HC to be demonstrative and firey, but I think that hurts in the long run. Teams take on the personality of their coach. When its not going right, it's nice to have someone keeping everyone calm and focused. The Colts were 14-0 before the Jets game. Quite a few of those games were wins by less than six points. DelRio is another prime example. There have been quite a few times they have lost games against the Colts because he blew up or his team would get stupid penalties like Unsportsman Like Conduct or Unnnecessary Roughness in the games and it cost them the game. Players have said Dungy and Caldwell both weren't afraid to light someone or the team up, but it was always behind closed doors or at practice.

17. Big Blocker

I respect your opinion, but it does sound to me like Caldwell's been a mixed bag. I only care about the subject from what is normally a distance and obviously that has changed for this game, but when it is over, win or lose, it will again be from a distance.

It's more of a kind of academic issue or question, as you point out, whether an HC is doing a good job keeping the ball rolling, or is starting to let what was a good thing slide, which may not be evident for some period of time. But fwiw despite the impression NO last year was fated to win, I thought the Colts were going to, and when they didn't I thought, hm, maybe Caldwell is not doing great replacing Dungy.

His performance this year fwiw strikes me as a mixed bag. For example they have turned it around since the three games where Manning played poorly, but I don't see much to suggest Caldwell deserves the credit for htat.

Well enough from me about Caldwell, and you are right it will probably not be clear for some time now whether he's doing a good job or not. It is hard to tell in cases such as this.

18. coltfan

coltfan New Member

Caldwell is a below average coach who was given an established team. Caldwell looks lost at most times and I think he is over his head in the NFL as a HC.

When Peyton was going through his stretch of INT's he could have stepped in stopped Peyton (Peyton never went through a stretch like that with Dungy). I am not a fan of Caldwell. He is a less than average Coach who inherited a great team.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think at this point Peyton is the OC and tells Caldwell don't fuck up the defense too much.

Rex had a funny quote recently when asked if Peyton is like a coach on the field. Rex said something like, no that is giving to much credit to coaches. lol

20. coltfan

coltfan New Member

You do know last year Wayne caught over 50% of the passes thrown at him. You may want to watch the Wayne vs Revis matchup and you will see Wayne had the better part of the matchup and he aggresively pushed Revis around.