NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Well put Jetzz

2. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

I don't care what Irsay's tweet or Sportcenter said, the game is not sold out. You can go on ticketmaster right this minute, type in that you want 20 tickets and get 20 tickets all right next to each other in the 300 level. That doesn't look sold out to me.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too, although the presence of Pats fans this week is I think problematic. Again, there are two types of Pats fans, the smaller group being fans of football who have followed their team for some time, including before 2001. The larger group, unfortunately, are front running, bandwagonning, blowhard idiot triumphalists who didn't follow football let alone the Pats before 2001 and who who somehow think being a bandwagon fan of a winning team makes them a better person, even morally superior, and certainly a substitute for the need to have knowledge about the present subject matter.

But other than those clowns, yeah, fans of other teams are welcome here as far as I am concerned. I always find it interesting to see how they break down their own teams. Odds are the better informed of them will be much more knowledgeable about a Jet opponent than I am, so I might get something out of their insights.

As for the comments made by one Pats fan about what Colt fans here are saying, from what I hear it is not just posters on this site but a general condition of Colts fans this year, which is understandable given their long injury list and listless performances over that three game stretch. Their lesser optimism is reflected here. So?

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We gotta stop agreeing like this... its starting to freak me out. :grin:

Every fanbase has its clowns, unfortunately. You can't exactly corral them though. I think I have just gotten better at ignoring them.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I agree, this thread just seemed to be attracting more than its fair share of Boston blowhards over the last couple of evenings.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, I don't even remember seeing them all that much last season even after they won the division. Looks like they only talk smack when they're dominant.

7. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

For this thread at least, I've been trying to comment on the game itself even if I am a Pats fan. In fact since the Patriots and the Colts have been playing each other for years, we might even have something worthwhile to add here.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I don't mind the ones (pats fans) that come in to talk about THIS game, even though they have added very little to the discussion.

There have just been several pages in this thread where they want to get in a pissing match about how wonderful the pats are, and it sidetracks the thread. And some have been dicks about it.

Anyway- I'm glad it's a short week with the game on Saturday.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Jetzz,

Yeah, JC's quote here points out the problem while GENERALLY I have no problem with fans of other teams.

As far as agreeing is concerned, well, this isn't the politics threads, so... Heh.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Cool, so now everyone who was annoyed the Pats fans were ruining the Colts vs. Jets playoff game discussion thread have turned it into a discussion about those Pats fans. Well done. :up:

11. peytonmanning18

Fuck the Pats fuck Boston, fuck all of New England, and who gives a flying fuck about the fucking cheating Cheatriot fuckers

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I only joined this thread the last couple of pages and didn't see anything obnoxious from the guys that were posting there. I likely missed some earlier stuff. We still have quite a few people on the forum as regulars who try to treat the site like its their own personal play pen and nobody outside of green and white are allowed to come in and play. As Blocker was saying earlier, it is often good to hear the differing viewpoints, and there can be something to learn from it. The mods here tend to do a pretty good job policing the trolls, which helps quite a bit.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Just wondering how the Colts fans feel about the head coach.

I guess I'm just used to Sexy Rexy now, but it seems like Caldwell has no discernible pulse. I wonder how that affect the team over the long run. I know he did well last year, but is seems he could have been carrying the water for Dungy's years.

I think most people would think that he's done a good job of managing the injuries this year.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Outside fans... I wouldn't limit it to Pats fans, although we tend to get more of them given the rivalry, whereas other teams only show up the one time we play them, if we play them that year.

It is probably safe to say that at this far into the thread, most topics concerning the game have probably been exhausted. But hey, beat a dead horse if you feel the need. :grin:

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Gholston is a bust!

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl::rofl: Wurd!!

17. peytonmanning18

Caldwell is a puss. He completely blew it in the Super Bowl last year, especially at the end of the 1st half after the Colts had that goal line stand. He got handed the keys to a Bentley and was asked not to crash it. I hate that he never shows any emotion and whenever they show him on TV he is never saying anything. He is just Bill Polian's puppet.

18. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

welcome to revis island MOFOS.... Reggie Wayne will do nothing. We're going to find a way sunday. I'm gaining confidence as the week goes on

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I feel the same way about our OC, when we forced that fumble against you when we were up 14-6. We ran the ball and played conservative. It would worked we got a 2nd and 3 but their was a holding penalty that really kinda blew everything up. We shoulda passed tho. Killed the clock. Go up 21-6 into halftime. Get ball after halftime and finish you off.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Man, this game is really sold out
    [​IMG]