NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

TG beat me too it....

GoPats gets credit too.

I can't wait till we play San Diego next year and their troll fans come back to tell us how SD's wide receivers will "out tall" our CBs. That was still the funniest era of opposing fans on this board.

RaiderJoe can't hold a candle to BOOMheadshot...

2. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Go to the Colts forum on the Indy Star and read the Patsie posters there. Mr Bojangles needs to stay in his room with a coloring book, crayons and a cup of hot cocoa with those little marshmallows.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2011/01/05/b-smith-on-returns-well-do-what-we-do/
    Is the special teams aspect of this game being overlooked? It seems Indy has struggled to cover kicks lately w/all there injuries ...

4. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

While the injuries have forced guys into roles they aren't use to, I really don't blame them for the problem covering kicks. The Colts have never been able to cover kicks, and for some reason we like to prove to the world how bad we are at covering kicks but kicking to guys like Devin Hester and Jacoby Ford.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This has potential to be a huge lift for us, especially if they get a few opportunities to put Holmes on punt returns.

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

CJLang's a decent poster as well.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agreed. And Tony Iommi as well.

8. Hoosier Colt Fan

Hoosier Colt Fan New Member

The COLTS are consistently one of the worst return and kickoff coverage teams in the NFL. This will be a huge advantage JETS. I worry more about the JETS receivers than Shon Green Colts have been stoppin run lately but their secondary has been horrible. I don't cuss them too bad though since only one starter remains unless Hayden somehow comes back Saturday,but injuries are part of the game....

9. Hoosier Colt Fan

Hoosier Colt Fan New Member

I hardly go on the COLTS forum,it's full of PATRIOTS fans and the majority are intolerable.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea Ive been thinking that might be our biggest asset in this game. Brad Smith giving our O great field position and hopefuly returning one to the house.

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't consider myself to be a troll, and only try to post things of substance, but it seems to me like I will never get respect on this board because I don't make an effort to tiptoe on tulips with you guys... I just post how I feel.

Some other pats fans that I see here seem to be constantly afraid of saying something TOO controversial, or something that could be taken as TOO offensive to Jets fans... they always make an effort to include criticisms of our team, or justifiers like "but any given sunday..." or "but I could be wrong" because it seems to make you guys happy.

I notice the same thing with MANY of the Colts fans here. Half of them simply write posts trashing their own team, while they other half write about why they should win... followed by about ten reasons why they "might be wrong".

While you guys seem to have respect for these posters as they come from other teams, they strike me as being the same type as all of the Jets fans here who are always predicting their own demise, and writing criticism that always end up getting bashed by the rest of you.

Just my thoughts...

12. Johnny English

When you go round to other people's houses, do you tell them that their CD collection isn't as big as yours, their carpet has seen better days and the new sofa looks shit?

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

im so fucking pumped forth this game. I just want us to win so badly.

I just want to get another crack at New England so badly.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Exactly. :up:

15. gopats88

gopats88 Member

No... but if I go there and two of them are discussing whether their kitchen is better than mine, I might join in the conversation and make a reasonable argument one way or the other... seems like the point of the discussion in the first place

I don't think that I have ever made comments here that were particularly disrespectful, just argumentative at the worst.

#475 gopats88, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  16. Johnny English

What, in a thread entitled "NY Jets vs Indianapolis Colts Thread"? This might come as a shock to you, but people don't log on to this site to talk about Tom Bastard and Bill Bastardchick and the New England Bastards.

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

again, I am responding to specific accusations made by jets fans (in this thread)... and again I don't think that anything I have said is disrespectful, of in the flavor of "I am better than you, so there, nana nana poo poo!"

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

No one would invite you to their house if all you did was debate who's house was better. While your arguments and posts may be legitimate, we as Jet fans do not want to read banter from a Patriots fan in a week when they aren't even playing.

It may not be trolling per se, but you have a clear agenda of taking the wind out of Jet fans' sails while making sure we know the adequacy of our opponents and your beloved Fagtriots.

19. Johnny English

Do you have an alarm that goes off to alert you? "Quick, Robin, someone is being rude about Tom Bastard on a Bengals board! To the BastardMobile!" Or do you endlessly patrol the interspaz looking for opposition fans to police?

20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Many of the comments that I make are in response to Jets fans about the patriots, where I think that debate by a pats fan is entirely appropriate.

The others I try to take an unbiased approach, and respond concerning the topic of discussion, without even bringing up the patriots.

My main point is that Colts fans are coming here in hoards and making comments like "Manning isn't the same this year", "Our running game is terrible", "Our entire roster is injured, we can't win this one"... and you guys instantly give them credit and regard them as good posters, and legitimate football fans.

But you have many Jets posters here who write VERY, VERY similar types of posts ("Sanchez sucks", "Our defense isn't the same", "Rex Ryan talks too much")... and what do you guys think of them?