Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I should add, the kid is clutch. He pulled out several 4th quarter wins this season, and played well in the playoffs last season. You can't quantify that, but he has "it".

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Sanchez on 1050... talking about the shoulder..."It doesn't feel great..."

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ehh, big deal. I guarantee you he'll be slinging the ball around on Saturday.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea he wants the Colts to think its weaker then it is imo. If it really was that big a problem they wouldnt have him going on show after show talking about how bad it is.

5. gammatec

gammatec Member

Stats that DirtySanchez just posted, thought I would directly quote you on this statement though.

3291 Yards
    17 Touchdowns
    13 INT
    75.3 QB Rating.
    54.8% Completion Percentage.
    3 more than 1 interception games.

2444 Yards
    12 Touchdowns
    20 Interceptions
    63 QB Rating.
    53.8 % Completion Percentage.
    5 more than 1 interception games.

I think it's pretty easy to see the improvement. Not only is he improving, but this guy is clutch. Best quality to have, balls of steel.

6. coltfan

coltfan New Member

I see Sanchez has improved, but I don't see a significant improvement. He was put under wraps by Rex for about half of the games for the season. I would take 2010 over 2009 Sanchez but to call him clutch?

You can't say he is inconsistent and make bad decisions and is interception prone and then say he is clutch.

7. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

don't forget 5 game winning or tying drives in the 4th quarter or OT this season (tied best in NFL)

8. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Have you even watched the Jets play? Sanchez is most definitely clutch.

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Completion% is probably one of the most important stats for a QB, and one that Sanchez needs to improve upon. Ideally he should be north of 60%.

10. tappanZ

tappanZ New Member

Sanchez has the most yards of any QB in his draft class. In retrospect Josh Freeman may have been the better choice(and you need to wait a year or 2 to be sure of that), but many teams made that mistake.

Jury is still out IMHO.

11. Blazer

Blazer New Member

He's also played in more games (5 more than Freeman; 17 more than Stafford) and attempted more passes (107 over Freeman; 398 more than Stafford) than either of the other first rounders.

A better indicator would be yards per attempt, where he significantly outshines the "big-armed" Stafford (6.6 to 5.9), but falls narrowly behind Freeman's 6.9.

Stafford's probably been the best of the three, but he can't stay healthy. If he blows it again next year, that might be it for him. He reminds me of an early Rex Grossman: all the potential in the world, but laced with an inability to get on the field.

Regardless of who turns out better -- Freeman or Sanchez -- I think fans of both can be happy that their quarterbacks are actually on the field.

12. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Freeman was not cut out for NY. I got that impression any time i heard him interviewed. I like Sanchez, he is what we thought he would be. I would have signed for those numbers, this record and a playoff berth before the season in a heartbeat.

13. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

yards per completion is a better stat cause its how many yards you average when you complete a pass. yards per attempt will favor accuracy over actually throwing the ball deep.

for instance if freeman and Sanchez both throw 10 passes. Sanchez completes 5 for 100 yards and freeman completes 8 for 101 yards the yards per attempt would favor freeman but sanchez actually threw the ball deeper when he completed it

14. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Trent Dilfer believes Sanchez is the best QB from that class!!! lol heard him on Bill SImmons podcast

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't think it's an argument that can be resolved, but I certainly wouldn't swap Sanchez for Stafford or Freeman right now, just as I'm sure Tampa Bay fans wouldn't give up their guy for either of the other two.

16. Sean_in_titletown

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

His opinion on Sanchez' overall play this year is about as useful as my opinion of Manning's overall play this year. Which is to say that it is worthless.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You could probably find a more objective source. Dilfer has been hand-jobbing Sanchez since the day he was drafted.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's obvious you have not watched any Jets games at all this year, and only are going by what the TV tells you. Way to go.

Do you want his number to improve to Manning like over 1 year? And yes anyone who has watched Sanchez, even the TV analysts you get your info from but seemed to have missed this point, think he has as cool as ice in tough situations.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This season? He's only had two games where he had less than 25 attempts. Last season there were nine games where he had less than 25 attempts.

In fact he had 9 games where he had over 30 attempts, they're not hiding Sanchez at all this season. The only game they really hid him in was the first game vs the Ravens.

Sanchez had 8 less interceptions this season, but threw 143 more passes than last season.

He has improved significantly both statistically and in intangibles.

I don't know if he will ever be a top 10 QB, but I do know he's gotten much better this season.