Ryan keeps talking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dexter Morgan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

One coach out of 12 has the balls to speak his mind instead of the usual
    "coachspeak" platitudes. In this world of PC crap and assholes always being "offended",
    I find it refreshing to have a coach that's not afraid to speak his mind.

Good for him.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

[​IMG]

Hit the nail right on the head.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

I breath constantly.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was referring to our guy's on this forum, I don't know what the players think.

As I posted, it really is personal preference, some of the TGG guy's like trash talkers some don't.

I don't agree with the correlation that if you talk as a HC like Rex does it translates into wins and if you don't talk like Mangini it translates into losses.

The greatest coach of our time(BB) does not talk, and it has translated into multiple SB titles, as a matter of fact many of the SB winning coaches that I have seen in the past 10 years combined have not talked about their team as much as Rex has in 2 seasons.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You don't think his SB titles has anything to do with lucking out with a 6th round pick QB that came up tops in the NFL? You put Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Vick, Matty Ice, Brees or a couple of other top tier experienced QBs on the Jets and Vegas would have the Jets at 2:1 odds to win the SB this year.

Manning(s), Rothlesberger, Brady, Brees. Last 10 years of Super Bowls. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are the only mediocre QBs for the last 10 years. Peyton, Brady, Roth, & Brees have pretty much led the stats for the majority of the last 10 years. You could put any of those 4 QBs on this team and we would be SB favorites.

Bellichik's Secret Service mantra has nothing to do with him winning.

6. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

None of the Colts will worry about what Ryan says and that statement wasn't anywhere near inflammatory. He's just using his typical tactic that takes the focus off the team and puts it on himself.

7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

If you don't love Rex's persona you are just taking it all too seriously. The NFL is entertainment right? I may not want Rex as a colleague here at work necessarily, but I love him as coach of the Jets. He is just this big jolly raunchy guy. He is not negative, doesn't talk trash, just says "we are awesome, we'll give you everything we got." How can you not love that.

BB is great because he wins Super Bowls (with Brady). His tax attorney demeanor has nothing to do with it and is certainly not very entertaining!

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I do agree with you that he has a great qb, but the guy is great because he can game plan better than any other coach in the league, it's not a coincidence that he has beaten the top tier teams on a consistence basis for the past 10 years.

I do not want to be entertained by my coach, I want my coach to manage the game the right way and game plan for his opponents weaknesses and get us a number 1 seed, a bye week, and home field advantage.

As has been said before Herm Edwards accomplished everything Ryan has with the exception of a Championship game, I have seen this before, I will enjoy it, but being the WC team with 3 tough road games does not make me happy, I want the team to reach the next level and if it means a coach with an accountant demeanor so be it.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you watch Rex speak and look at everything in context, he says nothing disrespectful towards anyone and nothing most other coaches and players don't think too. People make a big deal out of everything because it's Rex.

10. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This...1000 times, this. Rex really hasn't done enough as a HC to shoot his mouth off the way he does. If he keeps talking while his team lays eggs, people will just start to roll their eyes and tune him out including his own players.

The Jets have a ridiculously tough road to the SB this year. Even tougher than last year. They don't have the overrated Bengals or the choke-prone Chargers to play in the 1st 2 rounds. They have to find a way to beat the best 2 QB's in the game. To suggest that the Jets should be the favorite to win it all is just laughable.

11. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Rex being Rex, nothing to see here, get over it and move along.

12. Italian Seafood

I think a 22-13 record in his first two years with a novice QB is very good, especially when it includes two road playoff wins and an AFCC appearance. As for being a Wild Card and on the road, it's not Rex's fault New England went 14-2, we did split with them both years he's been here. Even if we swept them they'd be 13-3 and we'd still be a Wild Card road team at 12-4.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that some of you upset at this talking...

Playoffs 2 years in a row...easily winnable game against the colts...

Not all head coaches are made the same...

We have a fist pumping moron who blows. You all have a great head coach who talks alot. Who fucking cares?

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Would you like Harbaugh in Miami?

15. NIJet

NIJet Member

I don't get it either, we were one half and a glut of injuries away from the Superbowl last year. This year we improved our record and are in the playoffs again. I am happy with him saying what he likes.

Most of the haters from other teams never even listen to what he actually says and I think our own fans who bitch about this are just worried that if we do get beaten it increases the sense of embarrassment and humiliation for the team and for them personally with their mates or something... but just let the haters hate and enjoy the ride!

16. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Why is this ridiculous? i posted it b/c it's about our coach. Yeah, I think sometimes he needs to shut up. Like in this case. He's going to get burned. We already looked like a bunch of fucking fools after all the smack talking before the Pats pushed our shit in.

Does Rex really need to tell Mike Tomlin we'll see you in the playoffs after we beat the Steelers? No.

All the shit talking in the offseason to come out as flat as they did to open the season against Baltimore.

I love Rex. And I love his style. It's just that his act is going to get old if we never win anything.

I love how some of you guys have all this bravado when it comes to this team. He puts a target on our backs. Why do you think we have gotten fucked on so many calls this season? I am willing to bet Rex's mouth played a part in it.

17. NIJet

NIJet Member

I think we should wait til after the playoffs before assessing if we never win anything

18. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

omg yes! a real offensive genius is what we badly need...he can HC/OC at the same time...

BUT this is gonna be the Gruden to the U horsecrap all over again...

Not getting my hopes up high since I think we are gonna get hosed and will be stuck with the fist pumping field goal loving moron.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's kinda funny that we haven't had a middle ground coach in terms of how they deal with the media in some time. Herm was hilarious, Mangini never said anything and Rex says whatever's on his mind.

20. Italian Seafood

"Never win anything" isn't accurate already. "Never won the Super Bowl" is, but Rex has only had one shot at it and got pretty close, now we're back for another shot. People bitching obviously haven't been Jet fans for too too long.