NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

It would be great if KC beat the Ravens.

2. NYColtFan

NYColtFan New Member

Cromartie is the perfect match-up for a receiver like Garcon - a straight-line athlete who runs vertical routes. Garcon struggles mightily to get separation and for someone like Cromartie who struggles against shifty route runners, Garcon is the perfect match-up as Cromartie will be able to keep step with him and out-leap him too. Only downside I could see is Garcon's physicality versus Cromartie's aversion to contact.

Blair White has slow game-speed despite recording a better 40-time than Collie ...he typically benefits from being matched-up against a safety or linebacker ..and even then he doesn't get comfortable separation consistently. White and Tamme are a huge downgrade as threats down the seam vs Clark and Collie, where the Jets D can be exploited and I strongly feel the outcome of this game will hinge on whether or not these 2 can step-up and beat their guys.

3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Some how I'm just worried about this game because we lost to them last year in the AFCC. What are our chances beating the Colts?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I wonder if Manning will try to avoid Cromartie due to his history against him? I mean it has to be in his head.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This is not that Colts team. Peyton has looked human this year and they have one of the worst run games in the NFL. Also they can't stop the run and have a tough time stopping the pass against good teams.

We matchup very well against them and the defensive Jet players got their wish. They wanted the Colts, they believe they still owe them something.

I'm very confident we'll come out with the win, and in impressive fashion.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are basing this on, the Jets exotic blitz packages are only exotic to Rex, the league has figured them out, Manning picked our defense apart last year, with our starting safeties in the game, what do you expect our subs to do against Manning?

The Jets need to stay in zone coverage for most of this game if they want to keep this game close, if they don't it will be over by half time.

7. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

This guy knows how to market his bar!

8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

If thats the case, then I wish our Defense, Offensive and Special Team will show up and play a complete game!

9. MadBacker Prime

Basing what on? The these Colts are different this year?

Rex said after the Bears game they were making changes. Changes looked great yesterday with the defense pitching a shutout. I know it was just the Bills but the pressure packages were different and more effective.

Manning had much better options this year, they barely beat the Raiders 2 weeks ago, and nearly lost to the Titans in what was to them a must win game.

If you think this Colt team is anything like the 09 team you're crazy!

10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Dude this is a totally different game. Different Jets team and totally different Colts team. (banged up Colts team to be more accurate)

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

You should probably check the stats on their last three games

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

MBP I love your posts but if you or anyone else out there thinks we're going to win this game on defense you're all crazy. Peyton is going to shred our secondary, and we should all be prepared for that. I don't know what you saw this year that would make you think we can stop him. They average 27 points a game, and I expect them to score at least that many on Saturday.

We need to win this game on offense. The Colts lost 6 games this year, and gave up more than 30 points in 5 of the 6 losses. That's how you beat them ... you outscore them. This game is squarely on the shoulders of Schotty and Sanchez. And if we settle for more than 2 FG's in this game we can forget it.

13. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

i got a bad feel about this one, boys. I really hope I'm wrong.

14. benhamean

benhamean Member

Bill Polian's shady influence will neutralize the Jets' corner play- get ready for the most easily predictable and obvious shenanigans in today's NFL:

Phantom PIs out the ass...

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If we get Walt Anderson's referee crew I might begin to buy that. Even if we do, Rex needs to coach the defense knowing what to expect. Using this excuse before the game even starts is silly.

16. benhamean

benhamean Member

Hochouli really looks like he's 'on the take' this year, too...

17. MadBacker Prime

It's the playoffs now, and I will be the first to admit I am always overly optimistic and never take my green goggles off. Rex has been working the D over since they were stuck in Chicago.

I know it was against a shitty Bills team we still got tons of pressure and made huge plays on defense. Peyton simply doesn't have the weapons he's used to having.

Wayne- Revis will take him out
    Garcon- Cromartie will make it tough on him all day
    Blair White is their 3rd option and after that Taj Smith. If we play like we can our defense will play a big part in this win.

No Dallas Clark at TE, they have Eldridge now who is not exacting lighting it up and Tamme who has shown he's good but he's no Clark.

They basically have no running game so we can almost fully concentrate on Peyton.

Just like you said our offense should have a field day with their defense. They have no one to cover Edwards, Holmes, Keller, or even Cotchery for that matter and that doesn't even factor in our 4th ranked rushing attack.

Anyone knows you can never count Peyton out but he did have his worst year since 2002. Barring any breakdowns in any phase I don't see how we lose this one.

18. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Playing a zone defense is a Chinese water torture against Peyton Manning
    Blitz and pray that whatever rush they get will take care of business.

19. benhamean

benhamean Member

Not worried about Freeney and Mathis doing their Tazmanian devil impersonations making Sanchez uncomfortable?

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I need to get me a pair of those goggles! :jets: