NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

LOL... You think I'm going to reveal the top secret game plan?!!

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'll say it like this ... if we attempt more than 2 field goals in this game we have no shot whatsoever of winning. We better get in the endzone early and often. You can count on Peyton putting 30 up against us, so this game is all about our offense putting up enough points to match him.

Our pass defense has no shot in hell of stopping them. We haven't gotten it done all year, so I'm not expecting to suddenly find the remedy against the most efficient QB of all time. I'm a huge fan of this team, but to me that's just the reality of the situation. We need Sanchez and Shotty to have big days, and hopefully we can win a 34-31 type game.

#142 truthbtold, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jim Leonard

Sure could use him next week...However, the Colts could use alot of guys as well..

But alot of the guys we got were a result of that AFC title game loss...I hope we the guys dont let this happen again

[​IMG]

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Revis will shadow Wayne, that's obvious. The trick is covering Tamme who is basically Manning's checkdown guy. Cro could cover Garcon but he's been struggling all season so do we put him on Tamme? Do we put a safety or a linebacker on Tamme? Remember that Collie was their slot receiver last season, now it's Blair White. We should be able to put Wilson on him and be fairly confident he won't be a problem, right? After that, the Colts don't really have any other receivers. We have to figure out how we're going to allocate our defensive backs and who we're going to send on the blitz.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I thought he was IRd. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

6. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

I want revenge... ive never gone from such a high to a low in one game than last years AFC title game.

7. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Pound the ball down their throats... hopefully LT and Greene will benefit from the rest today. Do what the Saints did last year and control the ball for as long as possible

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Jim won't be back until next season.

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

He'll be with us in spirit, god rest his soul.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to beating the Chiefs & think they'll get blown out whether they face the Jets or Ravens. Colts will be a tougher matchup & sometimes their D shows up at home games. Still expecting a Jets win but this will be a tougher matchup.

11. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

After watching the Chiefs today, I now regret that we're not playing them. I hope the Jets win on Saturday night, but the Jets defense is terrible and they won't do much against Manning and I don't have faith the offense will keep up with them. Sorry for being so negative, but that's the way I feel.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Get well Jimmy!!!!

13. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

No Clark, No Collie. Those are huge losses for them. BTW, tickets are on sale and there are plenty available...

14. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

I'd rather beat the Colts than beat the Chiefs. The Colts will give a game to us more like the Patriots. A win against the Colts will give us more fire than a win against KC (Team that took away your Superbowl or team that has a running back that we let go).

I think KC will come out and surprise people with a win over the Ravens. Charles will get more carries than usual and Bowe will continue to beast it up.

The Colts are more one dimensional in my eyes. Just happens to be that that dimension is something we aren't strongest against.

15. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Does anyone think the wildcat can be as successful against the Colts as it was against Buf? The Colts also have a bad run D, and that could be a huge part of the game IMO.

Also, don't know about the rest of you, but I thought the Terminator runs in he wild cat were excellent calls. Not only because of the TD, but it adds another guy in the backfield the D now has to account for.

#155 JackBower, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  16. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

You've been paying attention. White has turned out to be a serviceable replacement as has Tamme, but you can see the difference between them and Tamme and Collie. Collie is much faster then White and Tamme can't match Clark's speed or blocking. The real key is going to be Garcon. He has been up and down this year. He will make the spectacular plays and drop the easy ones. The coaching staff attributed this to him playing hurt most of the season and is just getting back to normal. His three previous games he looked like a world beater. Yesterday he dropped several he should have caught. Which Garcon will show up?

17. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

For most of the year, the Colts have been terrible against the run, but they have looked very solid in their last three games against three of the best backs in the league, Jones-Drew, McFadden and Johnson. All were held way below their average. I think a big reason is the DT's are starting to get a push at the LOS and keep the guards off of the LB's.

18. michael

michael New Member

Jets Fans. Claddagh Irish Pub will be hosting the Jets fans again this year. To all who were here last year, you remember that we know how how to party and we are loyal to our New York roots. We'll have a great bands both Friday and Saturday night as well as great drink specials. Friday night is our General Managers (Mike) birthday party (Stony Brook Alumni) and a kickoff to the great weekend.

We are 1.5 blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium. 234 S Meridian St. Indianapolis, IN 46225. 317.822.6274.

Call with questions!

19. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

revenge time!

get pressure on manning, control the clock, no dumb penalties, and no turnovers, and we win.

JETS, 27-24

20. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

If you guys are ever going to beat the Colts, this is the time. Indy's depleted offense can be held to 24. The question is whether the Jets can get their run game going like they did in last year's playoffs. If so, I like your chances.