Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

He's right. Call me what you will, but he's right (except for maybe a couple names).

The question is how good is Sanchez NOW, not what will he become.

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the past few days bantering back and forth with you has been amusing. the thing one would notice the most is your constant use of the penis, fags,queers and anything else involving homo's. you have issue's and should just come out of the closet, you're too absorbed with the subject to be anything else.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You just used the word "bantering"...

There's tons of irony in you calling someone gay.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You're too absorbed with yourself to realize how dumb you sound.

5. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Well, my brother is a huge Giants fan, so yeah, I've watched Eli play. A lot. Frankly, he's not his brother. Not even close. And your argument about Sanchez's dropped almost-picks and Eli's tips is just plain old BULLSHIT. How many of Sanchez's picks were tipped? I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head. The fact remains that Eli threw 26 and Sanchez through 13. End of story. Oh, and Jets are in the playoffs AGAIN.

No one is saying Sanchez is the best in the league, but I believe (having watched EVERY game he's played in, along with countless other games) that he is actually quite a bit better than he gets credit for. He's a second year QB. How many second year QBs have been to the playoffs twice? He wins games. Period.

Honestly, go fuck yourself. You're on a Jets board. If you have a problem with Jets fans' opinions then leave. You came here. We didn't come to you.

6. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Funny how Dallas only started winning games when Romo got hurt.

7. ukilledkenny

And that list is filled with guys who have accomplished less than Sanchez has. I don't feel like going through it again but a good case can be made for Sanchez RIGHT NOW over 4-5 of those guys. He is right in the middle of the pack at this point.

8. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I don't consider him to a be a good QB.

The consistency just isn't there for me to consider him a good player.

Of the 2009 QBs, Freeman is clearly leading the way.

9. ukilledkenny

All the way to the golf course.

I like the way he looks but if I need to win a big game I take the guy that has actually played in a big game and had success.

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

anyone thats so dilusional to believe sanchez is anything but bottom third of qb's in this league is the dumb one. stats don't tell everything, but they say enough for any football fan to know sanchez has been used as a game manager and has a very spotty record doing it.

when he has to be babied so as to not hurt him emotionally, and simplify the offense to the point of a backup qb, it isn't saying much for sanchez skill set.

the rest of the team has to cover for his inept play, that says enough right there.

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Yeah, but that isn't his fault.

It's mighty impressive what he's accomplished with the TB lineup chock full of rookies and UDFAs.

12. ukilledkenny

I'll take the ability to win a big game over the ability to put up big stats in week 4. Sanchez has plenty of room to grow into a more complete QB but to suggest that it is out the realm of possibility to put him right in the middle of the league is absurd. On any given week he could perform at a top 10 level or a bottom 10 level. What I have seen so far is that he isn't going to lose this team a big game. I'll take that over guys that have never even made it to a game that meant anything before.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

According to ukilledkenny, Trent Dilfer is probably one of the best QBs ever because he just "wins games" too.....

14. ukilledkenny

He looked good this year for sure. Still need to see him play in a big game and perform well before I declare him ahead of Sanchez. Playoff experience is invaluable to the development of a QB. Sanchez is going to be way ahead of the curve in that department by the time this season is all said and done.

15. ukilledkenny

Yeah, compare a journeyman QB with one good run to a developing QB getting the job done when it matters. Great comparison.

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

ya, that defense had nothing to do with winning that superbowl, it had to be all dilfer.

my buddies crack up reading this board and this sanchez arguement. reminds them so much of the noodle back in his day, the mangenious years and and how kellen clemens was the next coming, and then how quick all these know it all's not only back tracked, but screamed for mangenious firing.

it'll only be a year or two more now before all these queens start screaming for dirty's head.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

anyone that can't admit freeman is by far the better qb than sanchez is the joke of this message board. with all the offensive talent on this team dirty has to work with, but has to have the reins pulled back because he's mistake prone. open your eyes to the real world!

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dilfer did throw right around 55%.

But Sanchez has more hair...so yeah, that is a bad comparison.

Who else can we compare our quarterback to? Bubby Brister?

19. ukilledkenny

You're still failing to grasp my argument. This thread has turned into who you would take right now to win one game. If I am taking someone to win one game I take someone that has had experience in the NFL playing in an important game over someone that hasn't

Freeman looks good, I like him as a young QB. If I am making a list of QB's I want to win one game Freeman and anyone else who has never played in a big game is going to be after Sanchez who I would have about 15th or 16th. Or right at the bottom of the guys that have actually played a meaningful game in the NFL before.

20. Daphins

Daphins New Member

There's this Vince Young guy in Tennessee...his W L ratio is off the hook...most certainly a first ballot hall of famer.

Glad to see some of y'all are grounded. The fat lady hasn't sung on sanchez by any means. He could turn out to be very good. I personally dont see it, but it could happen.

I on the other hand had to just jump off of the Henne bandwagon....back to square one....again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk