Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I'd love for him to get a TD. And it looks like they want to give it to him

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I want him to get one too.

The day wouldn't be right if he didn't.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Really?

Fuck that. Give the ball to Joe.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm thinking of giving junc a Vaynerchuk avatar. :wink:

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

McKnight looked fantastic.

Really happy for the guy.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Thank God we can bury this discussion for now. I'm afraid to look at the stats for this thread and see how many posts were mine defending the kid.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

suck cock all you mcknight haters. he sucked in preseason omg!!!

8. ........

........ Trolls

I think he'll take 30+ carries without a fumble and 150+ yds, but yeah, a TD would have been nice.

9. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

So I haven't been able to watch any of this game because I am at the airport... I'm guessing mcknight started lol

By the look of his yardage and such. How does he look? Is he breaking big plays or consistent 5 yd pickups. I understand he's obviously playing well being that he has 150 yds but the bills defense isn't known to be stellar.

10. 624

624 Banned

He looked great, he was playing the Bills D....but he was behind a 2nd string line with no threat in the passing game.

Showed great vision, power, cutting ability, and elusiveness.

He also made a lot of yardage when nothing was there, and showed some good hands receiving.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

You've been here long enough to know that someone (Junc) will find a way to dig this back up.

12. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i think his first two runs netted like 18 yards. he just looked impressive. little things like keeping the legs moving, not be taken down on first contact and extending plays with vision, etc. he broke a few runs, that while not large gains, should've been dead plays.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

McKnight was fantastic today.

He ran hard all damn game. He showed some nice cuts and jukes.

The best thing you can get out of a running back is consistency. He picked up chunks of yardage all game long. This game went by incredibly fast because we kept getting first downs on the ground.

A lot of people wrote him off as a between-the-tackles runner. They were proven wrong today.

14. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Wow that's great to hear. Maybe we have a secret weapon for the playoffs. If not atleast the d coordinate has to prepare for joe.

I guarantee you without 4:05:13 PM here mcknight would not be producing. Atleast not this fast anyway

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Nope. McKnight looked like he was born again hard today. Props to him for stepping up.

16. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Great observation! I know that you would be here now beating your chest but are having trouble digesting bar-b-qed crow.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I saw all his games at USC. He was a stud there and showed it today.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's so sad, I WANT McKnight to succeed but you make me attack him. mcknight did not make a single significant play w/ the ball all year long. His claim to fame for 2010 was being blocked and having a ball glance off a defender against the bengals.

he was really good yesterday in a COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS GAME against an AWFUL opponent. John Connor had a better YPC than McKnight.

Leon was the DIFFERENCE in Seattle making the playoffs, if not for the game HE WON they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

It's irritating, i'd like to say nice things but there are so many posters worried about me for some reason and the fact that I have spoken the TRUTH about McKnight all year. Instead of getting ready for Indy we'll have to engage in a silly debate about Mcknight b/c people are so excited he played well against an awful opponent in what was essentially a preseason game.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Junc, we'll agree to disagree, but ...My whole problem, with the Woodhead v. McKnight thing, was..."What if LT gets hurt ?"

At the end of the day he didn't....but he could have. I think that was bad management for a team with SB aspirations.

It's not what McKnight produced against a bad team yesterday...Did you SEE his feet?

Vanilla play calling, straight ahead blocking...but the man has really good feet..quick, but not indecisive...when the light is there, he can get to it.

He's going to be a really good player, now that he's manned up...

Those of us that were against him for obvious reasons, are seeing him do what we begged he would do.

He did, and now...it's time to circle the bandwagons :wink:

At the end of the day..We're all Jets.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, Leon was the sole difference maker in Seattle's amazing 7-9 season. They aren't going to beat NOR.

Meanwhile, McKnight rushed for more yards yesterday than Leon did all season. And don't use the 32nd ranked run D because the seahawks played the 30th ranked run D twice.