Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

good post.

My only contention is that I believe we need a different OC to guide his young career. Others on here may disagree....but while Sanchez is still learning at this stage of his career...he needs a better, more consistent teacher, imo.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thanks for your input ndmick.

do you post on any nd sites?

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

How anyone can look at the roster and see it simply as a win now team amazes me. Pretty much the entire offense is young outside of Richardson, LT and Woody. Defense needs to be infused with some youth like the offense has been the last few years.

4. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Sanchez is a dick. He throws to much.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am really starting to agree with you on this. the way the game was called during his number of tough games vs. what schott has done the last couple games tells me he is not putting him in a position to succeed.

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Another year of Schotty would not be good.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm just here.

I'm not that big on college football, but when it comes to the offseason I look at prospects that I want for the Jets. I really enjoy looking at film. Its like watching chess, but with the pieces moving all at one time. Its beautiful.

I've correctly predicted every single one since 06. Even Keller, and I could prove it if my friend kept the voicemail I sent him about a half hour before Keller was taken. One of my proudest moments in terms of football.

But I stick to here because most message boards are bad. This place is really is great to be.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If he learns to not shoot the offense in the head on 3rd down and knows how to not make Sanchez attempt throws that only Manning, Brees, and Brady should throw, he can stay until he gets his HC job.

But I don't think he'll get everything fixed.

9. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

Mark has had limited experience, he played one year in the pros ( i guess two now ), and 1 year in college. He just needs to work on being consistent, since he has great pieces around him. I do believe, that in the next two years, if he doesnt improve, then he wont be a Jet and he will be a backup somewhere else. consistency is key

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Rex has to stay on Schotty to run an offense very similar to what they ran against Pitt/Chi. Well balanced, quick throws, varied the play calling and kept sanchez out of 3rd and 9. It seemed much like a west coast timing based offense. i just worry that Rex will get content and Schotty will go back to 7 step drops and receivers running routes that take forever to develop.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But that's what seems to happen.

It goes from smart playcalling that gets wins, and then they can relax and do whatever because fuck it were winning right?

No. Stay the course. This kid needs to develop more. The playcalling has to allow him to develop.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

OK...I was being polemic. Certainly not sarcastic.
    I may be "that stupid" about other topics, but not football.

From what I've seen from Flynn & Webb..yeah, they're pretty impressive. If any of these qb's were on the Jets, people would've been screaming for them to start at certain times this season.

Kolb is not better than Vick, with that I agree...:eyeroll:

Orton I threw in there cause I thought it was funny he got benched.
    Leftwich I always liked...should I replace him with Charlie Batch?

And McNabb? yeah...I was joking, but there's a lesson there somewhere.

It's a tough task coming into the NFL, starting as a rookie with minimal college starts as he has. Doing it in a major sports market like NY is harder still. I am impressed with Sanchez's character, demeanor and the success he's had this early. But as I've said, he's lucky to be a Jet. It's the perfect situation for him to play, learn and improve in a supportive environment.

Sanchez has been good, not great. I agree totally as to his intangibles...the guy is a flat out gamer.

He used to be the weak link on this team. He's gotten better while others have declined. We got other problems.

13. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

+1

I feel the exact same way. Freeman has the benefit of playing in better weather conditions than Sanchez. I like using my brain, I think it's a pretty useful tool. He's got the drive and work ethic like a Peyton Manning, like a Tom Brady...not saying that he'll ever reach the status that they're at, but but I'm pretty sure Sanchez will keep this team competitive and every year will most likely be a playoff run.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I wouldn't necessarily call it lucky for Sanchez to be a Jet.

I would call it right or correct, because when you have such raw talent like him, the team around him needs to be good.

Brady had a hell of a team around him, and he got to sit a year. Pennington had a good team around him, and he sat two years.

I'd call it smart on the Jets organization's behalf to place the young rookie in a veteran offense for the past two years.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sanchez will never, ever in his whole career have amazing fantasy stats.

But the one thing he'll always contend to be the best at is leading the league in fucking wins.

16. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

Another reason why fantasy stats are overrated. As long as you're winning games and putting our team first and putting them in position to win games and playing within yourself...that's all that matters.

17. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

in two years he has led his team to the playoffs twice.

his statistics have shown significant improvement this year over last year.

he has also led several 4th quarter or overtime come from behind victories this year.

still, his completion percentage is pretty sad and his accuracy is shitty. that is what he has to work on the most.

year 3 will be the ultimate judge of his future.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

By lucky I mean he could have landed in a situation that wouldn't have let him play through his tough times. C'mon...on most teams he wouldn't start right out of the gate. He showed in training camp that he was the best choice, but look who he was up against. I don't think there was any other real option. Call it fortuitous fate.

Is he the right guy for this team? Hell yeah.
    I think he's perfect for the Jets.

19. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Clearly he is not an nfl bust. You can already see that in his first year after he helped this team make it to the afc championship. He has the right intangibles to be this teams franchise quarterback for years to come. Will he be great? Only time will tell. Atleast he as the work ethic and mentality to try to get better and learn from his mistakes.

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Eli...

Rookie: 7 games started, 1043 yards, 6 TDs, 9 INTs, 55.4 rating (1-6 record)
    2nd year: 16 games started, 3762 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs, 75.9 rating (11-5 record)

Sanchez...

Rookie: 15 GS, 2444 yards, 12 TDs, 20 INTs, 63.0 (8-7 record)
    2nd year: 15 GS, 3291, 17 TDs, 13 INTs, 75.3 rating (10-5)

I'd say they're on a pretty similar path so far. And Eli got A LOT more criticism than Sanchez is getting currently. I consider both players to have similar ceilings. I think Eli has reached his. I think he's an average starting NFL QB and won't make it any further than that. I think Sanchez has the potential to also be an average to good NFL starter. As it stands now though, to answer the OP, no, Sanchez is not good right now.

Here's what you have to ask yourself...if I'm picking a QB for one game right now (ignoring future potential), how many QBs am I taking over Sanchez. Without even going through the names, I'd say at least 20.