Rex doubts uh oh...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billo83

billo83 Member

You still didn't answer my question - what is a good coach to you?

What does the Cheaters have to do with Rex being a good coach? Zero.

You also seem to miss that a successfull coach is a great motivator. Rex is one of, if not the best motivators out there. Name any other coach that nearly every player in the league wants to play for. Rex complements that with superior X and O knowledge.

I'm not saying that Rex is the best coach in the league, and certainly he needs improvement in clock and game management. But he is a good coach, and is only in his second year. He will improve in these areas, an there's no reason to think otherwise. Tell me how many other rookie HC's get their teams to the AFCC game, and then follow up with another playoff team the following year with at least 10 wins? Also, head coaching did have a lot to do with the success last year. Denying that would mean any of us on this board could have done the same thing.

Also, please answer me this: since you think Rex is such a bad coach, who would you want to coach this team?

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I gotta admit, I thought the same thing, not for questioning FG or TD, for listening to Edwards. I remember Parcells never, ever let a player suggest what to do or say one word to the refs. There is one decision maker and that's the big guy. He did sound decisive to say the least. At least he made the right choice, this offense had to score a TD

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

answer me this answer me that! stop and take a damn breath. i answer what i can, not interested in answering every assnine question.

1st question, tom landry, parcels, chuck knowls, bb, and the 49's walsh to name a few off the top of my head.

cheater and rex stupid question. reread what i wrote and make an attempt to figure it out. basically rex has a major hump to climb trying to get over the pats hump with all their draft picks and almost instant rebuild. shouldn't have been too hard to under stand. the pats were a team to recon with in the past and will continue to be. rex has the odds against him because of that great organization and staff.

who do i want to coach the jets? someone that can think on his feet without being a bonehead. rex can't get out of his own way when it comes to game management. coaching is more than just rah rah motivational speeches. he can obviously game prep the defense with the best of them, but is something to be desired as far as in game adjustments and management.

watch week in and week out you don't see many coaches that freeze and are lost when game time decisions need to be made like rexy does. if thats good coaching to you, you're lost!

a good young coach that thinks fast on his feet and doesn't have a ton of experience would be a guy like the saints coach, ? peyton. thats a guy with a clue and has a brain on game day.

i'm hearing all the same crap i heard on mangini's first year and we all know how you band wagoners turned on him. one year he was mangeniuos, the next a bum! fickle are we?

same with hacket and schot, everybody wants to blame the oc when something goes wrong, when ultimately it's the head coach and gm.

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

more mangenious followers taking shots at me. i'm amused. think back know it all and tell me you weren't polishing his sack also.

i hardly make any claims to always being right, but i am by far more than most on this board that can't look at anything jets without the green homer glasses.

step back and take an honest look at rex. he's a great defensive coordinator, but so far, not good head coach material. we've all sat back watching the game and making the calls that rex would freeze, be dumb founded and usually make a fool of himself with assnine decisions.

his father won a lot of ball games, but how many consider buddy a good coach, LOL? buddy is remembered for his 4-6 defense and being a good defensive coordinator, a laugher for a head coach! rex redux!

5. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

honestly - i saw that, and i thought to myself - i like that fact that a player has such camaraderie with a coach - but the same way the were critiquing sanchez on his body language and his general leadership aura - rex got a fail in that aspect

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

joesmoe is just trolling now

7. Rascio

Rascio New Member

In Rex We Trust...

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Joeshmoe, it's Rex' second season, we are 10-4 and we should make the playoffs.

The Clock Management issues are killers but he's got time to improve there.

I would rather have Rex as my coach than any other coach in the league, active or retired.

9. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

man, think back what could have been! we could have had BB as the head coach/gm and 3 superbowls if parcels had kept his word.

parcels and BB had a deal that was well documented that when parcels was done coaching he would pass reins of the team coach/gm position on down to BB.

what happens, parcels decides to keep the front office position and only leave BB with the head coach position, which was not what the deal was supposed to be. who can blame BB for leaving the jets and taking the position he was promised with the jets over to the patriots.

talk about "same old jets" ownership really botched that one. so many on this board claim BB was a traitor, when all along it was parcels that screwed the jets of the best damn coach of this generation. BB should have been ours!

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thanks, we now know what your problem with Rex is.

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Obvious Patriots troll is obvious.

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Wow, that's really pathetic.

If BB is your man, why not become a Patsy fan?

13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i don't disagree with the clock management issues as much as the game management issues. game management is the most important of a coaches responsibility and i just don't see rex having the knack for it. kind of important issue when it comes to being a coach.

i look at a young guy like sean peyton that has a grasp of the position and really thinks fast on his feet and seems to be a natural leader/head coach. something that just is lacking in rex and not something you would chose a head coach to be lacking. if johnson knew this before hand, do you think he would still be coach of the jets. is it possible the ravens knew something everyone else didn't when they passed on rex?

i never hated the guy and was for him in the begining, and all i'm saying now is that i have my doubts and am leaning even further than that towards rex as the wrong guy for the job.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

BB was my guy when he was still with the jets years ago. i don't hate the guy for leaving when he was double crossed by parcels. i blame parcels.

not a pats fan, but i see what could have been if the BB fiasco didn't happen. he wanted the jets position until double crossed, can't hate him for that. just gotta suck it up and realize it's was the "SOJ" that doomed the franchise over that one.

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lol, you're probably right. i chuckled when i saw that quote. maybe i have issues ever since the day they let BB get away, lol.

like i said before, i don't hate the guy, could never be a chowda fan but i don't hate on BB like i do with parcels.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't think you can say "what could have been" based on BB's credentials in NE.

I think we were all bummed when he resigned as the HC of the NYJ but who knows what would gave happened?

No matter what happens this year, Rex is our coach and he'll keep figuring out what a HC has to do as he moves along.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Never ceases to amaze me the crap that gets tossed around a message board....

I post what I think is an interesting topic coming from someone who has been 110% behind every single thing Rex has ever done... I get personal attacks left and right in 9 pages of posts so, I decide to jab back a little and the Arbitor of Douche comes around and declares me the guy who sounds like a douche....

For whatever reason, during this holiday season, this has stuck with me a little more than it probably should....

Unreal.

18. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

BB was here for a day... bro you act like he left after years of coaching

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I suspected this earlier in the thread when you were rambling on about the Pats' 2011 draft picks, but now it's pretty clear; this really has nothing to do with Rex, you just have Pats envy. So really, it doesn't matter who the HC is, you'd find some supposed fatal flaw with any coach who isn't Belichick.

I would suggest you just become a Pats fan now and spare the mental turmoil you seem to be inflicting on yourself.

#219 Kris 15, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Chuck Noll

Is Chuck Knowls related to Beyonce Knowles? Different spelling, so probably not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.