Rex doubts uh oh...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That kinda just sounds like Braylon is mad fired up

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

No it wasn't... BTW

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't care if they had the ball for 50 of the 60 mins, 3 points against that team is inexcusable. By the way, we had the ball for 30:24 while Seattle had it for 29:36.

It's never ALL on one player but he was the biggest reason for our collapse making bad decision after bad decision.

Games I would credit Brett for wins:
    Mia
    Ari
    @ NE
    @ Ten

Losses I would pin most of blame on him:
    NE
    @SD
    @Oak
    @SF
    @Sea
    Mia

wins I feel we won in spite of him:

KC
    Cincy
    Buf

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Ok... saw the vid... not a big deal... Jet Blue you made it sound a lot worse than it actually was...

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A Jet fan overreacting? Never

6. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

This is a ridiculous thread. I guess OP forgot/ignored that part when Rex said if it wasn't a full yard, that he was going for it. Also, when was the last time the Jets made the playoffs two years in a row? That would be over 25 years ago, and the only time in team history. Enjoy the ride, fer Chrissake.

7. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

umm how bout herms first 2 years? i know most of us would like to forget about him but it wasnt THAT long ago

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You can't hear in that posted video any of the doubt.....

He certainly said kick the FG at 1st..... I agree 100% that the version here that you can't hear much of the audio is much tamer than hearing Rex try to explain to Braylon his reasoning....

I also think that people are blowing out of proportion what exactly I said in this thread and the perspective.... Again, I said I've been the biggest Rex supporter in the history of the world and just maybe now I have a sliver of doubt that the man can't walk on water.... PERSPECTIVE FOLKS!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade Rex fo Bellichik straight up today... I'm way on that side of the spectrum already fellas.

But, that's what so great about this place... take what someone says blow it up and then everyone pile on.....

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Again, another poster who seems to need some sort of intimacy, like Rex has, because, unlike half of you, Rex is a jolly fella..

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Yeah, cuz Rex never said that... if you can listen to a clear audio he says "Kick the FG if it's close to a yard" and Schott clearly peturbed replies "ummmm, well, ok coach whatever you say"....

As for making the playoffs.. I'm way ahead of ya dude... You also missed my perspective... THIS TEAM IS WINNING THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL BUDDY!!!!!! NOW LETS EAT A FRIGGIN SNACK AND LICK SOME TOES!!!!!!!

11. ukilledkenny

What we can hear is this. The announcers saying it's half a yard and the official signaling half a yard. Then we see Rex telling Schotty that if it's less than a full yard they are going for it. Then Braylon stops and says don't second guess it. Rex mumbles some shit about a FG and a TD or whatever and then Braylon says something else and Rex says go for it. None of the stuff beyond it being obvious that there is less than a yard to go and Rex telling Schotty they are going for it if it is less than a yard really matters. He took a second to think about it and during that time Braylon went up to him and gave his two cents. There is nothing to concerned or uh oh'ing about in that clip.

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i wish it were as simple as that, buts it's not!

jet blue has a very good point, rex doesn't think fast on his feet for a guy thats been in the coaching business as long as he has. he was a defensive coordinator with the ravens for 10 years grooming himself to be head coach material. thats a long time grooming for the position and still unable to make the quick decisions coaches need to make.

a very legit concern in my mind. things like this always seem to rear their uglyness around playoff time, which of all times is the wrong time.

some guys are a natural like belichick and others freeze up and are disfunctional like herm edwards and the present head coach rex.

rex is absolutely a great defensive coordinator, but hasn't shown the same knack for the head coaching position.

the jets this year have been disfunction junction, and that all starts with the head coach on down.

it's his second year and he's gone downhill rather than improved, which is a concern!

13. ukilledkenny

Yes it is.

No he does not.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The fact that we have some nutjobs actually bitching about the HC making the right call in a come from behind game on the road against a 10-4 club is hilarious. And basing their opinions on a 2 second video clip. It goes to show you how insane some of these fans are.

10-4 and on track to one of the most successful seasons in Jets history and we still havew a few knuckleheads that want to trash the HC. Amazing.

15. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

I'm with Mike Honcho, thanks for putting up the clip Vinsjets. I missed this and was trying to see where Jet Blue was comming from.

I don't have an issue with Rex here. If anything stood out for me it was Schotty's initial response which sounded like, "ummm, whatever you say coach." Looked to me like Rex was wanting some quick feedback before making the call, and already had criteria set for his decision.

It was a tough call, and I do not think it was unnecessarily delayed.

Who knows what was going through the headset?

Far as the mumbled conversation with Braylon, I think he could have as easily been talking to himself. I didn't really take much from it other than, like others have mentioned, being glad that Braylon was pumped up and ready to roll.

#115 A-11 Jets, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of god can stop sucking it up to Belichick... he's in his 15th year as a HC... he first was a HC in 1991!!! I was friggin 4 yrs old!!!

No wonder he is better than Rex in making rapid sidelines decisions NOW... you'd have to compare 1992 Belichick to 2010 Ryan...

PS And don't tell me you remember how much of a "natural" Belicheat was in 1992...

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In 1992, Bill Belichick was head coach of the Cleveland Browns. They went 7-9, finished 3rd in the AFC Central and did not qualify for the postseason.

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

he made a legitimate point and has nothing to do with paraniia.

being paranoid is when someone gets all upset because another person brings up legitimate concerns and you make the poor choice of taking it personal.

it's obvious, rex has not shown any signs of having improved on the game management side of things, which just so happens to be a head coaches main responsibility.

again, rex has shown he's a great defensive coordinator, but lacks the leadership of a head coach, especially when it comes to game management and the offense.

he takes the bull by the horns as far as defense, but so far, that's where it starts and ends!

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

For a terrible head coach he seems to be doing a pretty good job, no?

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

WTF are you really talking about? You are doubting Rex of what? That he wasn't sure if he wanted to go for it on 4th down? Seriously? How many coaches give up going for it on 4th and inches every single fucking week? I can tell you about 25 coaches will give up going for it on 4th and inches while only a handful of coaches will take the risk and go for it on 4th and a yard. Seriously? U don't think that these coaches know what they are risking? U think whoever goes for it on 4th down knows they'd be picking up a first? Every coach will second guess that. I guess people like u were happy with pussy Mangina, never going for it on 4th and inches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.