Fundamental difference between the Jets and Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Dec 20, 2010.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Its funny how after the Miami/NE losses you had some people on here actually bitching about Rex.

Now we all know how Rex is one of the most liked coaches in the nfl (if not the most) and how TONS of guys have come out and said theyd love to play for him.

Then you got the Giants and Tom Coughlin, who actually had the gall to run out on the field and chew out his punter for the Giants loss to the eagles (obviously it was the Punters fault that the eagles had scored 28 points in 7 minutes). And players and even some people in the media (our old friend Sherry and SI's Jim Trotter for example) have come out and said who the hell is going to want to play for someone like that. And its not like this is new, with the way their organization has been run.

Times like this you just cant help but feel so lucky that we ended up with Rexy, and hope itll be this way for a long time.

2. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm, I love Rex as much as the next guy, but "wanting to play for a coach," and "players coach" does not correlate to winning.

The difference between Coughlin and Rex right now is that Coughlin has a SB ring.

That's not to say Coughlin's a better coach, it's to say that coaches likeability doesn't mean we'll field a better team.

3. steves850

steves850 Active Member

It's not the punters fault they scored 28 points but god damn that was stupid to punt it to him. Also Fuck the Giants and I love Rexy but he needs to take control of the clock FAST.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Not that Coughlin needs any defending...he is a good coach and he has a SB ring I believe?

He's gone if they miss the playoffs.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

How about Rex also has a ring? He hasn't been a head coach for as long as coach Coughlin, so having a SB ring as a head coach becomes a moot point.

6. Play Like A Jet

How could anybody not love Rex?! A lot of us stuck by him during the Jets' two game skid but I couldn't help but notice that he was last in the NFL coach approval ratings on Sports Nation during that stretch of time. Now after a win over the Steelers he's back up to 17th which is still really low for a likeable coach of a ten win team. Of course, I wonder how many fans of other teams vote against him just out of hate (note: probably a lot).

7. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

The Jets have cuter outfits.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's pretty obvious, Rex is only cool when the Jets win. When the Jets lose it's because Rex talks too much and brings too much attention to the team with the bulletin board material and what have you.

9. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

19-11 in the regular season.

2-1 in the post-season.

That correlates to winning.

10. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

He also said he takes full responsibility for the loss on the presser, and yet all the following words were calling out his punter.

Losing can make many people look and sound very dumb. ala Jerry Manual.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, the chewing on the punter was terrible. It embarrassed the rookie punter. Rookie punter. I mean, ok, it was a mistake to punt it to the returner, but Im sure he didn't do it intentionally. But then, the coverage unit had ages to catch up to him after the returner fumbled. They fucking failed miserably and the punter gets chewed. Yeah, the initial fault was punters, but no body is perfect. I guess he wants his punter to be nobody. Fuck Coughlin!

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Can we stop comparing ourselves to the Giants? Enough already. Who cares?

13. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Generally, everyone finds Rex Ryan to be obnoxious if they aren't a Jets fan.

14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Ugh. C'mon dude.

First of all let me say I still like Rex from an x's and o's standpoint and I still like the way he deals with his players. But he comes off as a blowhard and its apparent in the way he acts after a win and a loss. The disparity is troubling. I see the successful coaches of the NFL, the Tomlin's and Payton's and even that cocksucker Belly, and EVERYTHING is constantly on an even keel. Win or lose, unless its a terrible gutrenching loss, absolutely nothing changes in their demeanor.

You want to talk the difference between Giants and Jets? They have rings they've won in the past 40 years. It's an annoying, infuriating argument, but any Giant fan worth his salt will bring it up, and until the Jets put one up, there's nothing we can say.

The vast majority of Giants fans are the most ungrateful pussies I've ever heard. If Coughlin or Eli were Jets we'd kiss their ass because of the super bowl, and these clowns look for the first reason to throw both of them under the bus. Listening to WFAN today and hearing Giants fans call their season over because of yesterdays events is hilarious. Jets fans do the same thing, but that's because of the SOJ bullshit. I mean I don't get it! Same old Giants? It's a terrible brutal loss, but with two games left in the season these pantywaists want to waive the white flag. Unforgivable.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

So you live in Mass or Florida ?

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The NE loss was by far the most embarrassing loss in maybe the last 40 years. Of course Ryan deserved the blame. He approves both the offensive and defensive plans.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Thats a loss that hell have a chance to correct in 4 maybe 5 weeks.

If we knock the pats out of the playoffs than that embarassing loss becomes a rallying cry and wake up call.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Maybe I'm being nuts but if we beat the Pats in the playoffs than we're going to win the Super Bowl.

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Generally if your not a Jets fan you can suck my Aids infested balls.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Of course but thats because the NFC (in general) fucking blows.

Only team in the NFC that I think would tear us a new one is the eagles, but then again with Revis on Jackson and Cromartie on Maclin its possible wed force Vick to have to run the ball every damn play.