I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

I guess there's nothing illegal about the wall.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "This is just about Sal," Tannenbaum said.

While it appears the Jets didn't break any league rules by lining up the way they did, the latest decision by the team comes "for the totality of the situation," Tannenbaum said.

"Over the course of the next couple of days, more information came out and that really doesn't sit well with us," Tannenbaum said. "That's why we felt that this additional step was necessary."

2. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

I'd bet they fire him. He'll get his second chance with another probably. But then again, it's probably MUCH easier to replace a strength and conditioning coach than it is a quarterback (i.e. Mike Vick).

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Explain to me in 20 words or less why I shouldn't delete your account for misquoting me. For the funny? Because I didn't get that part.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa, lets not over react, it was a first time offense, lets investigate this a little further and determine what his intention was. :wink:

5. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

To me, forming a wall is gamesmanship. The thing is he made contact. With the new info, he will probablely be fired because it brings up a can of worms.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I think the Miami player should be fined and permanantly banned for running onto the knee of a poor defenseless coach while not in the field of play.

Inexcusable. Next game he'll be running up in to the stands and do his crybaby act after knocking over a beer vendor.

This must be stopped. The league needs to send him a message.

7. gangreen_indeed

I read no sarcasm there, so what are you talking about with the misquote?

Tripping a gunner is VERY illegal
    Your words.

Edit: Fucking amazing. I read that as 'VERY legal' the first time, and actually quoted the text to support my case the 2nd time. I is wrong. Sorry.

#387 gangreen_indeed, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  8. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I'm sorry, but what new evidence states that this wasn't the case?

Again, where are you getting this from? All that has come out was that the wall was intentional, which by the way, isn't illegal. Where did he say that he intended to "impede and take out" the gunner??

Ok, so now you make this silly accusation 3 times with nothing to back you up. My evidence that this was NOT meant to intentionally hurt opposing gunners was the admission that this has been going on for many games, and indeed across the league, and yet through what must be over 100 collective punt returns, no one was impeded or hurt until last week.

The story sucks as it is, no need to make things up for.......well I'm not exactly sure what for?

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Is there evidence of this or do you just echo what a douche on a Pats board says?

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/62212-jets-coach-trips-miami-player/

10. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Can some one explain why Don Bebe was quotiong as say he once ran behid the benches in one game to get around blockers? or that one time Sean Landetta tripped him on the side lines. I am not condoning what happened but this stuff happens all the fing time. Don't pretend to be aghast or disgusted.
    The Dolphins and patriots have both cheated where you as disgusted then? the Mud bowl, videoing the other teams signs shall I continue?
    Cheating is cheating but tripping and you guys have a 20 page thread on this.
    I'll feel bad about this when they Punish the fins for the mud bowl and actual do something about the Pats videoing signals beside fines.

11. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

How did the Phins cheat?

12. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

What a power tripping homo

13. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

reading is fundamental I sighted the Mud Bowl as a reference to point out cheating has been going on for years without the repercussions i am seeing here

14. dex13

dex13 New Member

um, they did get punished. And its kinda funny (or just sad) how the Jets ST coach tries to deflect the blame to the Pats. Sidelines players not getting out of the way is not an issue but a coach actively trying to trip a player definitely does not happen all the time.

And as far as videotaping goes, considering the Jets had Mangini for a coach before all this came out, to honestly say that the Jets didn't video tape is just gullible. Pats took the heat for the rest of the league.

15. dex13

dex13 New Member

so is spelling...your looking for the word "cited" there.

#395 dex13, Dec 15, 2010
  16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow so many of these posts are so homeristic. put yourself on the other side and then make your comment. its not allowed,its in the rules and to be honest its completely fucking retarded for a guy not in uniform to be standing in the way of 2 or 3 guys in full pads going full speed. the entire group of them are lucky they didnt get severely injured. this alosi jackass could have easily broken his leg. he should consider himself lucky he and the other 4 or 5 morons didnt get hurt.

imagine if brad smith is running down on punt coverage and gets shoved out of bounds and the other team has a wall lined up and he hits them and breaks his leg. realize that he didnt run out of bounds he may get pushed out of bounds, its not a matter of how he got there its a matter of he was there and they need to get out of the way.

if they run out of bounds bring it to the officials attention, just like any other penalty.

you dont see guys not get flagged for holding and come back and leg whip the guy cause it didnt get called.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

"so it spelling"?? "your"??

Those that live in glass houses...etc, etc.

18. dex13

dex13 New Member

lol, so true. You quoted it as I was fixing it.

19. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

LMFAO! You're grasping. Or did Miami only tarp the part of the field they were playing on? LOL

The Phins weren't required to tarp the field any more than Dallas (or any other team with a retractable roof) is required to close the roof when a warm weather team is visiting in December.

Nobody accused (and shouldn't have) the Steeler's of "cheating" when they laid sod less than 24 hours before the Phins came to play them on their home field a few years ago.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3130915

Both teams had an equal disadvantage or advantage.

The option is called having the "home field advantage." It's the home team's decision. Just the same as when Miami wears their white (visiting) uniforms when dark colored teams (Raiders, Bears, Pittsburgh, etc etc) are visiting them in September.

Cheating is video taping the opponents signals or a strength and conditioning coach tripping the opponents player.

Hey, remember the "snow plow" game.... Miami against New England? Would you call that cheating?

#399 Ironforce, Dec 15, 2010
  20. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

So do you think the punishment suited the crime? how about the mud bowl?
    Like i said I am not condoning the actions but come 20 pages on this crap when way worse things have happened that was partly my point. The other part was come on allot of guys here are making look like the guy crucified the dolphin player. the guy got a muscle cramp and was not injured the intention was there but let the punishment suit the crime he is not permanently disabled.