(Week 15) Jets @ Steelers Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Indy was in a giving mood last year :lol:

I don't care how my team got into the postseason, and I don't think you would/should if Pitt qualified the same way, but what they did with it. The fact that they beat two division winners in their buildings is impressive, esp. with a rookie QB. To me, that proved they belonged despite how they got in.

The Jets also lost some really wacky games during the season that they probably should have won so imo that Indy game kinda balanced everything out. Of course I see it that way cus I'm biased but w/e.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Also the only team in history with back to back road OT victories.

3. StainlessStill

StainlessStill New Member

I agree. As far as I know, the NFL isn't retracting the Jets playoff entry from a year ago for how they got in, so they got it done but there's no doubt they backed in with the slightest of ease.

The playoffs are a whole other beast and I expected the Jets to put on a good showing coming in with momentum (kind of like Arizona in '08, who then went to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.) Plus, the Bengals were just terrible and showed their true colors late in the year. I said in another thread that Sanchez was my favorite QB coming out of his draft class and that he showed tremendous poise within a rookie season that saw him throw enormous amount of interceptions. But he's still a kid so to see that poise he's showed should have you guys excited for his future.

#123 StainlessStill, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  4. grayburn

grayburn Member

Jets fans giving up on the team before the season is over; I've seen it before.

Any fan giving up when their team is 9-4....idiotic.

Seriously, stop watching guys, please. Or at the very least, stop postingl.

5. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Trying to find who said I was trying to be patronizing. I'm mostly pointing out that other teams have adopted the strategy of mauling our pass rushers because they won't get called for holding.

For the last three weeks our quarterback has had his foot sprained, possibly broken, he's had his nose broken, and he's taken several hits to the head, not ONE of these hits has been penalized. The only roughing situation penalized was when Richard Seymour smacked Ben in the head after the play.

I expect this to be a tough physical matchup just like our games with Baltimore. Both defenses take pride in what they do. I'm going to enjoy this win or lose!

6. StainlessStill

I'll NEVER be the one who harps on the refs (over the past 4 games, the Steelers lead the league in penalties with over 420 yards worth, averaging 80-100 yards in fouls a game (4 victories) and are 3rd in the league with a total of 803. I don't want to hear how the refs love the Steelers and how the refs determine a game, as you could see, the Steelers won all 4 games being highly penalized.)

But watching James Harrison get choked out every game is getting kind of painful to watch. The Steelers have had a PLETHORA of holding penalties called against them the past 3 games. The Bills? 0 holding calls. The Ravens? 0 holding calls. It's getting ridiculous.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Steelers have been getting jobbed by the refs this year.

8. 624

624 Banned

^^ The Miami game?

9. StainlessStill

The whole debacle and clusterfuck and controversy was on the back judge of that Roethlisberger "TD." You see line judges in EVERY football game call the play a touchdown so after that TD was called, the play was dead so then the idiots didn't even bother to check the pile once the ball hit the ground, which was mistake 2 and the Steelers just gave up going for it because of the touchdown call.

The refs got the call right and took the T.D away from the Steelers, so they kicked the go ahead FG by 1 point. The Dolphins had all 3 timeouts and good field position and plenty of time (I think over 1:30) to get into FG range to kick the GW field goal. Dolphins blew it.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'd agree with you if it was any other QB not named Brady.

11. StainlessStill

It's the National Hypocrite League. You have James Harrison actually tackling like any defensive player wish's to tackle and make a living off of and he not only gets penalized, but fined, and when he does adjust, he still gets fined and penalized.

Over the past two weeks, our QB has gotten punched in the face to the point of having his nose form a shape of an "L", got kicked in the head on the ground, got clubbed in the helmet, and got driven into the ground 4 seconds after releasing the football. Woodley got a 15 yard personal foul for giving a tiny little puny shove to pretty boy, big poon Tom Brady weeks ago as well.

Our tight end gets snapped in half like a pretzel when it was BLATANT that the Ravens defender launched himself into his neck (I still don't know how Heath Miller is walking today) but yet, no penalty on the field. Something is severely wrong in today's NFL. Goodell SUCKS.

#131 StainlessStill, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

No means no.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'd be lying if I said I remembered that happened and had a counterpoint.

Still tho, the Steelers have gotten some pretty lame personal fouls called on them and as much as I dislike Ben, he's taken some shots, particularly from Ngata breaking his face.

14. teknopath

teknopath Member

Steelers fans shouldn't worry when the opposing team scores first. It's a proven fact... Big Ben prefers to attack from behind.

15. StainlessStill

Hardy har har, der, dah, der. A Ben rape joke, never saw it coming. It's old now haha. Anyway, you're right. When the opposing teams score first, I think the Steelers are like 9-0 this season or something like that. Not sure if that's the number, but it's a nice, valid stat.

16. teknopath

teknopath Member

Neither did his dates. ;)

I spent the first 22 years of my life in Pittsburgh so I'm entitled to voice my displeasure. :)

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Well played, sir.

18. StainlessStill

Actually Ben never had dates. He just made "bitches take his shots." Lmao, I'm sure the dude would love to tell his side of the story but shit happens. He took his share from the fans and got back to football.

19. shaiydyjet

shaiydyjet New Member

If only Little Ben had his off duty police officer bodyguards with him... With the ladies, it's standing in front of the bathroom door blocking some girl's concerned friends, "I'm sorry m'am, Mr. Rapistburger is busy"...

And on the field, this college student predator has a now-garbage O-line, Seymour slappin him, Ngata facepalming him, and, hopefully, Bart Scott and David Harris tagteaming the hole in the side of his helmet.*

Rapistburger faithful Steeler fans are as bad as Kobe embracing Lakers fans, fine with sex offenders winning rings, so long as they sport their colors!

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

And when the Jets score a TD, we are 9-0.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.