(Week 15) Jets @ Steelers Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I honestly believe if the offense can get going (which will be tough against the Steelers D.) we could win.

Our defense played great against the Dolphins. Pouha has done a great job on the inside he had 11 tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery yesterday.

Also, to sack Big Ben we need to gang tackle.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Steelers offense is as bad as ours. If it wasn't for a Polamula fumble they wouldnt have scored a TD in over 2 games.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

their defense is their offense right now.

that patch work offensive line and half broken big ben aren't going to generate much. mendenhall has no running lanes to work with anymore (i know this, because he's on both my god damn fantasy teams)

can't have stupid turnovers

4. StainlessStill

StainlessStill New Member

Hey guys, Steelers fan here. Just want to talk some football. Almost every week, my favorite part is talking the up-coming week with the opposing opponents fans and I've made some good buddies along the way.

Just want to start by saying it looks like you guys aren't too confident in a big AFC showdown this week. My concern is that the Steelers have been snake bitten after teams have gotten embarrassed the week before (Saints lost to Cleveland and beat us, and the Pats lost to Cleveland and beat us) so I'm hoping the Jets have a 3 game lose streak in them or history may repeat itself!

Thanks for accepting my activation and good luck (not really :grin: )

#104 StainlessStill, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I think steelers win 2-0. Folk with 7 missed field goals and hopefully alosi can come back and trip schotty.

6. StainlessStill

Haha, that might not be too off of a prediction, Country. Heinz Field is known for the worst slop of a field in the entire state of the NFL and I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like but it may be pretty ugly, which means a Pittsburgh type style of smashmouth and hard hitting in some cold weather. The Jets can bring it too and I'm eager to see both defense's go at it.

The problem I see with the Jets is that if they want to match the Steelers intensity and smashmouth, then that means running the football and the Steelers are STOUT against the run so if the Steelers D can stop the run and make the Jets one dimensional like they have did to teams in the past, then I think that blitzing style of D can get to Sanchez and force him to make some errant throws, esp seeing Woodley and Harrison coming off the edge.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I just cannot see any way the Jets win this game.

8. 624

624 Banned

The Jets were the first team in NFL history to have two 3 game losing streaks and make the playoffs last year.

This is a resilient group, I expect them to rebound soon, hopefully this week.

They won't be this bad for the rest of the season.

To have two separate 3 game losing streaks under this regime and make it to the AFCCG speaks volumes.

We've been in situations like this before, and battled out of it.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Of course we'll win this game. There is absolutely no reason why we should. Remember week 2 against the Patriots?

10. StainlessStill

624, to be fair, the Jets aren't going to go through 2 teams in a row resting their starters to advance to the playoffs this season. @ Pittsburgh and @ Chicago is going to be a helluva testament and character games for the Jets heading into the post-season.

#110 StainlessStill, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets have never won a game @ Pittsburgh and after the last two games what makes any of us think there is a possibility it happens this week?

The only way the Jets win this game is if the Steelers resign Jeff Reed and he shanks two kick offs and misses 3 field goals.

12. StainlessStill

I think Jets fans are panicking way too early. Yes, the Steelers are one of the AFC's best and they are defiantly tough to beat at home, but the Steelers and Jets are pretty much a mirror image and do many things similiar. The Steelers as well as the Jets aren't built off of style points and are usually equipped to win close games, preferably in the 4th QRT. The Jets will NO DOUBT be in this game and it will certainly be a close one. Whoever shows up in the 4th and whoever turns the ball over LESS will win this game.

13. skeleton_frames

Exactly. Obviously if the Jets play like they have the past two weeks they'll get blown out, but they couldn't play that way against ANYONE and hope to win.

If the Jets and Steelers play up to their potential, should be a hell of a game.

14. gangreen_indeed

Bingo. NY loses and imo -6 isn't enough.

Besides, this is a terrible matchup for NY. The Steelers defense is better against the run (not that NY is running all that much lately), its QB is opportunistic, and team itself is loath to make the kind of bumbling errors that Cman's mentioned four teams did to lose. I'd like NY to win here but see no chance of that happening.

15. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Huh?........

16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

this will be a battle of 2 "overrated" or "lucky" teams...hopefully the jets rebound this week....it will be hard with a shit oline, receivers that are either stoned or have oiled hands, a qb who shits himself under pressure, and a OC who calls plays he found off of the back of a cereal box. the steelers offense is not looking much better tho..

17. 624

624 Banned

This is an example of a knee-jerk reaction

18. StainlessStill

Just like the great Mike Ditka always said: You are as good as your record indicates! These two teams could do damage in the playoffs.

It seems like you just described our offense minus the receiving core and our QB, but our offensive line has been PUTRID and we are on about our 9th line rotation of the season so the Jets can take advantage of that and attack which I'm sure Rex Ryan will do.

As far as the Steelers offense as a whole, Bruce Arians, our O-coordinator, might be the worst situational playcaller in the history of the NFL. The Steelers can move the ball with ease from the 20 to 20, but once we hit inside the 20 yard line, we forget what to do with that little triangle brown thing made out of pigskin. Should be a good one from both sides but I really do think it's Pittsburgh's game to win.

19. 624

624 Banned

If you're as good as your record indicates, why did you discount the 2 wins for the Jets to get into the playoffs last year?

20. StainlessStill

I give the Jets credit last season for doing what they had to do to to enter the post-season, but you have to be BLIND to say that they had to scratch and claw their way to that goal. They pretty much backed their way in and had a shot to do so because it was a team like the Steelers that imploded 5 straight.

As soon as N.Y entered the post season, I had them winning the Bungle game, had them upset the Bolts but had them losing to the Colts. They won me some mad dough but as far as the Jets earning it, oh they earned it, but they didn't do it the right way like other teams in the past had to, which was beat teams, playoff teams for that matter, full strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.