I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Comparing Alosi to Vick is way over the top. What he did was not a federal offense, but a black mark of bad sportsmanship and a total lack of class. To top it all off, it was not even necessary, the player was flagged on the play anyway for staying out of bounds.

Thinking it over, I would lean towards not firing the individual, but at the least suspending him without pay for a week or two. That would be fair enough and still send a message of this is not Jets football.

2. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

This is one of the few posts that makes sense in this thread.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Gunners get driven out of bounds all the time.
    How often do they get tripped up by a member of the opposing teams coaching staff?

It was a lame thing to do no matter how many excuses there are.

4. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Just.....wow. I wish you'd really say what's on your mind. Sociery is better served if people stop hiding behind PC BS and come out and use the words they really feel.

So glad other posters haven't taken your bait.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Let me dumb this down for y'all: Mike vick killed and tortured numerous defenseless animals for a prolonged period of time until he was caught. He is getting a second chance and everybody in the media is kissing his butt now. In contrast sal alosi bumped a guy who was out of bounds.

So who does the media trash and who are people demanding be fired? Sal alosi...

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Michael Vick lost $130 million, served 19 months in big boy prison, and has done everything right since his release.

You're being absurd.

7. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

I believe Michael Vick has paid his dues, huh?

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

No, whats absurd is the overreaction to a schlub coach bumping a guy in contrast to a superstar torturing and killing defenseless animals. Mike Vick gets a second chance to redeem himself and pursue his livelihood in the NFL after committing multiple horrendous felonies - but some here want to fire Sal Alosi w/o giving him a second chance - even though he hasn't even been charged w/a crime.

The overreactions are ridiculous. He screwed up, he apologized - its not the manson murders.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

And you think Mike Vick deserves a second chance right ?

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Who is saying Alosi should never get a second chance if he's fired? Your argument is terrible, border line retarded.

11. Sundayjack

No, what's absurd is placing any mention of the two incidents in the same sentence. That was all you, my friend.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Michael Vick got "fired" and now is getting a second chance. by not firing Alosi, you aren't asking for a second chance you are asking that he simply be forgiven without punishment. not sure how you can miss that very basic difference in your argument.

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I think he think's that now it's time for Sal to pay his dues. Then he can get a second chance. This isn't rocket science, you're being obtuse just to be obtuse.

14. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The same half-ass Miami Herald sportswriters whining today said NOTHING when Shula left the tarp off in 1983 or earlier this year when Pat Riley reached out to LeBron James when he was still under contract to Cleveland.

15. Sundayjack

We're all going to hear from the guy in about two minutes. Wonder if they'll stream it.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

is this guys presser gonna be on tv?

17. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

He should be fired. Does he deserve another chance? Yes, and he will probably get it somewhere, but not with this team.

We're all accountable for our actions.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

And what you are doing is equating killing animals to bumping a guy running up the sidelines. If you think Mike Vick is entitled to a 2d chance in the NFL after serving his time - okay. You are wrong - I am not saying that Alosi should be forgiven without punishment - I just don't think in terms of the NFL that he deserves to be treated equal to or worse than a dog murderer or (in the case of Ben) a multiple time sexual assaulter. Did Mike Vick get banned from the NFL? Did Mike Vick get a second chance? Did Ben get fired? Did Ben get a second chance?

The punishment should fit the "crime". And terminating this guy from his job for one stupid move is pretty fng harsh considering how the league routinely slaps guys on the wrist for committing actual crimes.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Sorry, you're the only one trying to make that asinine comparison. No one else is being anywhere near as ridiculous.

20. Sundayjack

On ESPN in about 2 minutes.