There were reasons Rex did not get the Ravens job

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The team lost today due to poor execution. That said, Ryan is a players' coach. Teams coached by such people have a tendency to lose their mettle. The last two games the Jets certainly have not played with much spirit. Sometimes these type of teams lose their way real quick. We saw it with the 1994 Jets. That was another team coached by one of those over-the-top head coaches. Pete Carroll was more interested in playing basketball and being buddies with everyone on the team.

2. All Star

All Star Active Member

This is the problem. We don't even come close to blitzing every play, and we almost never send more than 5, most of the time its 4 guys with overloads and such.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I still feel Rex is the "Red bull" the JETS organization needed. He woke up the JETS with his attitude, he got things done, players say they like him, but as of late, it feels as if many are losing faith in him.

The only way for him to avoid becoming a laughing stock during the entire off season is if the JETS make it to at least the playoffs and win a game.

If not, its going to be a long off season for him while the media, especially in N.Y, rip him apart.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I've never liked the shit-talking that Rex does. Yeah, it's fun; and, yeah, it's bold; but it's not classy. It's not likable. A New York team doesn't need to draw attention to itself with words. Just being a New York team draws attention.

But there's also a difference between going into the 2009 playoffs and Rex saying "We're the team to beat," and coming out of training camp saying, "Soon to be champs." The NFL season is such a test of endurance, NO ONE has the right to be yappy from Week One.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That was the same list we had last march

6. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

My question is..does Rex change his attitude?

Got the crap beat out of you. Clearly outplayed, outclassed (pretty much all year) by your rival of much younger and developing players (versus your win-now team).

If Brady goes on to win this superbowl...or at least make it much farther then the Jets as we should probably expect now..are you jet fans comfortable with Rex coming out with the same lines next year?

Most wins? Best team in NFL? Superbowl? Here to kick belichicks a$$? It sounded cool after last year's run..

You aren't the best team in your division, it really isn't close and I'd argue your window to win it has pretty much shut (...god forbid Belichick strikes gold with the 34953485 picks he has next draft...and/or that the current players continue to develop).

7. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

+1 mostly correct...

8. theyankees-jetsfan23

Whatever, I'm just happy to have Rex here, though we are going through adversity, we have a bright future, and I hope he stays for a long while.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Can't disagree with that except the defense looked spirited out there. They were flying to the ball all game. The offense was just lost.

10. even_flow

even_flow New Member

The Pats were laughing when he said that on 2010

11. mgmrfn

mgmrfn New Member

“There were reasons Rex did not get the Ravens job” Are you seriously questioning whether we should have hired Rex Ryan?
    Do you know how many AFC championship games we’ve played in? In case you don’t… Since 1970 (AFL/NFL Merger) the NY Jets have gone to Three (3) AFC championship games. Three (3) AFC Championship games in Forty (40) years. Rex Ryan went as a Rookie Head Coach with a Rookie QB. He had a big mouth last year too.

“He would have called a time out right after it and called his team and tell them, if anyone is going to quit in the 4th quarter then I will be watching and there will be changes on Tuesday”
    So you burn a timeout to tell your team not to quit when they’ve never done that before? I didn’t see them quit. Sucked Yes. Quit No. The Jets offense turned it over 4 times in the second half (3 Ints and 1 turnover on downs) and the Patriots scored 21 Points. Do you really think Tom Brady needed us to Quit to score 21 Points in the second half following those four turnovers?

“Instead he just let them go through the motions and even let Brady pass right to the end.”
    If you know of a way to stop Brady from passing and scoring TD’s please let us know.

Im really upset at the turn of events, but the Rex bashing is INSANE!

#31 mgmrfn, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This thread is full of fail, you miserable sacks of shit don't deserve Rex Ryan and might as well turn into fucking Detroit Lion fans. Rex is the best thing to happen to the Jets in 40 years and if you can't see that god help you there's no hope for your sad pathetic failures of a life

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Sorry that I preferred Todd Haley and Leslie Frazier to Rex Ryan back in January 2009. I shall now turn in my Jets fan card and become a Lions fan. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Hopefully, I will now be able to turn around my sad, pathetic life and maybe elevate it to a level of mediocrity.

14. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Hahaha...the doomsday posters here after losses are PRICELESS.

Disgusting loss, but calling for your head coaches head after a two game losing streak is comical.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think only one guy (NYJ2K10) is actually calling for Ryan's head.

I am not calling for Ryan to be fired. All I'm saying is I did not like the hire in the first place and I am disappointed with this season. Enough with the blowhard crap already. Can I just experience one season as a fan where the Jets lead the division from wire to wire and get into the playoffs with ease? Why do they always have to struggle and/or collapse late?

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Firstly, it's Pettine.

Secondly, aside from the Pats game Rex has gotten this Defense prepared every single week and they've performed well.

17. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I understand the problems people have with Rex, but the bashing still is extreme. The problem is, I'd tell people to temper their expectations, but he's the one that created them in the first place. They were a 9 win team last year. I thought expecting a two game improvement was fair. They can still get to 11-5.

Anyone that thought this team was going 14-2 is either

A. an eternal optimist
    B. Clueless.

18. NIJet

NIJet Member

I think the only problem I have with Rex is he is too hands off in terms of the offense. He is letting Schotty run the show and I fear he will be too loyal to him but it is quite clear Schotty has never run a particularly good offense and it is totally imploding atm. The defense responded to the ass whopping that the Patriots put on it, the offense and we should have deferred the kick off against the fins but he was trying everything to help the offense.

19. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Pretty insightful post from a Cheatriots fan:wink:

Totally agree about the divas. For as much talent as we brought in during the offseason, the Jets have a pretty combustible mix of personalities. I really do wonder how all these talented headcases will deal with adversity.

20. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

This is how I look at all of this....Rex is not a bad coach by no means...he's working with a 2nd year qb who had 16 college starts, new players put into the system, and an offensive coordinator that is predictable. Getting 9 wins from that is not easy, hell, even Belicheat couldn't win with that. Let's be honest now, who thinks the Jets were going to win the superbowl this year? not me, if they do ill stand corrected of course lol...but Rex is a 2nd year coach and brought a team of nothing to something last season with 9 wins and an AFC conference game appearance...now hes 9-4. The reason for the two recent losses are not on Rex and him talking a big game, it's because sanchez is becoming scared...he's feeling the new york pressure and needs to learn to block it out and play football....He looked like a scared lost child today because of the pats loss and how everyone is saying how he sucks now....the media is getting to that young boy and Rex needs to AND WILL PUT CONFIDENCE BACK INTO HIM. The steelers are up next....let's see what happens with sanchez....maybe Rex will have a sit down and talk to him and try and bring his confidence back up