Playoffs? P-P-P-Playoffs???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Dec 12, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

After last week's debacle, many were saying, "It's just one game....we're still 9-3....were are still going to the playoffs and can still win the division." Well at this point at least the early returns are that people are not talking "9-4" and "playoffs".

Oddly, I am not that upset tonight. I think I was slapped into reality last week, vented my spleen, and prepared for another typical Jets disappointment (I deference to the posters who are offended by a certain three-word phrase, I won't use it). I was hoping the ship would get righted this week, but after one quarter it is obvious this team is going to limp its way to the end of the season. I'm not even confident at this point that they will win another game.

Unless there is some dramatic turnaround and this team and Sanchez gets hot over the last few weeks, this is not going to be a replay of last season's post-season. They'll get in, but it is hard to imagine that they can do more than win 1 post-season game. And I don't even want to think about what a playoff game against the Pats will be like.

Maybe with my expectations as low as they can be, things can only improve. If I can point to any positive, my son did not have a meltdown at the end of the game....I guess he is building a callous around his Jet-fan heart.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Channeling your inner Jim Mora DBJ? :lol:

3. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Really? We needed another negative thread on the front page?

We get it. This sucks. The team looks shitty. But what the fuck are you adding with this post?

4. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I guess there's always a chance they win the final 3 games with 2 impressive road wins and we feel good about them. It's still possible to have a good feeling about them heading into the playoffs(if they should make it).

At the same time I'm always going to have that little thought in the back of my head of how bad our offense can be any given day. jets 9-0 when they score a TD. lmao.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but I'm fully expecting a loss against the Steelers. How can any sensible fan expect the Jets (offense) to come out and play well against the Steelers?

The defense can hang with the Steelers offense in my opinion, but the other way around, not so much. Actually, very unlikely our offense does something productive against the Steelers defense, simply because of the way they played against NE, and now Miami.

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Stat of the year.:lol:

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If we dont end up making the playoffs I will be depressed...That would be a colossal failure. Going 9-2 and then missing the playoffs.

8. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Has that ever happened before I have heard of 6-0 and not makin the playoffs but 9-2 and not gettin in?Hm?

9. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I

It's definitely in the realm of possibility.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. Are you implying the Jets aren't a lock to win the Super Bowl? A-Maz-ing.

11. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

What a joke this team is. Can someone explain to me what they do all week to prepare to look like this. Laugh stock of the NFL again, we will lose the rest of the games.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Dolphins started 9-2 in 1993 and failed to make the playoffs.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Of course, the Colts went 11-1-2 in 1967 and failed to qualify for the playoffs. There were no Wild Card teams back then. Only division winners made the playoffs.
    Capitol Division- Dallas 9-5
    Century Division- Cleveland 9-5
    Coastal Division- L.A. 11-1-2
    Central Division- Green Bay 9-4-1

L.A. and Baltimore combined to go 21-1-2 in the regular season when not playing each other. Neither team won a playoff game.

14. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I would rather lose out than see the New England Taliban again

15. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Must be an AFC East thing!

16. hang3xc

hang3xc Member

Pats went 11-5 when Cassel took over the year Brady went down and they didn't get in, while lesser teams did. It was called a fluke. The Jets COULD be looking at a similar fate, especially playing PIT & CHI on the road, even though it seems the Jets play better AWAY. I guarantee neither of those teams will be laying down like Indy did last year.
    Throw in a tougher than they appear Bills team that won today, who would probably love playing the role of spoiler for the last game, and who knows, Jet's could even end up at 9 - 7
    Meanwhile, the Pats win BIG... AGAIN, on the road, in a snowstorm, with 30 mph winds. Next up is GB at Foxboro, possibly without Rodgers, making a tough game MUCH easier. It's looking like the road to the SB goes through Foxboro and a well rested Pats team

17. Brick

Brick Member

Is there any faith left out there? Or is SoJ back in full force?

I am going to be at Heinz field next Sunday and I am going to be out in full ****ing Jets force until either the clocks shows 0:00 in the 4th or I get knocked unconscious by a group of rabid Steeler fans.

We are making the ****ing playoffs. With a better record than last year. I am counting on a little magic to take us even further than last year's miracle run.

Schotty sucks. Sanchez sucks. I don't give a f***. This team will find a way to meet its potential.

18. JoeyJets

JoeyJets Banned

The Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL right now...

They don't belong on the same field as the Pittsburgh Steelers... You should not go to that game..

19. Brick

Brick Member

I am going, with guns blazing. I am a ****ing Jets fan. I expect the worst, but hope for the best. The last two weeks will be made up for in spades if the Jets can shut up the bandwagon Steelers fans in this city. As far as I'm concerned, any legit shot in the playoffs come down to this game. Only Baltimore and the Patsys have won this year at Heinz Field. If the Jets can do the same, then the memories of the past two weeks will be long forgotten. If they don't, well, consider the season over. Frankly, with all the hype that we've gone through this season, I want to go out with a bang.

20. ex-jetsfan

ex-jetsfan New Member

I wouldn't be thinking about playoffs. I think the Jets will get in but we need to just take it one game at a time. Focus on the Steelers who seem to have played well today. We can win it on the road. Just need to play mistake free football.