We will be tied a top afc east after sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 11, 2010.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'm pretty sure the Bears will have a much better chance of beating the Pats than the Jets at this point. They probably won't win, but they have a better chance. I'll be watching Peppers in that game. Maybe Cutler won't shit the bed.

2. capetide

capetide Banned

You mean the same D that the Jets O only managed to score 3 points against?

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Perhaps he's referring to Walkers SHORTbread. Hahaha thats what I'm calling Wes Welker now.

4. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

YEAH OK JET FANS

You still have 2 serious contendors (both away) on your schedule..you have yet to prove that you can beat even one.

Well I guess week 2 if you wanna count that, but that has all types of question marks on it after last week. That's no ordinary split fellas.

Pats have risen up to challenge after challenge this year. @ Bears and home to green bay are hardly the two toughest games we've looked at this year. I'd go 50/50 on the Bears game, but if we end up going back to foxboro..after a loss...GB will get lit up. If we win the bears game, we can afford to drop the GB one.

I'd bet money that by Week 17, the pats will have legit separation and not even need to play, even though it's a divisional game

5. stanner

stanner Member

Don't the bears have a message board? Go douche it up over there.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, we are just fans, so we can concentrate on both games. not to fucking mention that the Jets can go undefeated the rest of the season and still finish in second place, so unless all you are concerned about is finishing in second place we need to bank on the Pats losing.

what a horrible fucking post. truly embarrassing, from the lame cliches to lack of awareness of what the nonsense meant. either you don't realize we need the Pats to lose to have a chance to finish in first, or you are content with the Jets finishing second. so which is it?

7. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

Anyone saying that tis division is done in either direction is (insert demeaning term here)

Its a one game lead with 4 to go and tiebreakers depending on those 4. You can't say the Pats are a 100% lock against any team, if that was the case they would not have lost to the Browns.

This division is going to come down to who finishes stronger, especially against the divisional opponents.

8. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

For real?

I don't know how you define lock, but I mean..

NFL Record consecutive regular-season home win streak (vs dolphins)
    NFL Record consec wins against an opponent (Bills). Both more or less only there to play spoilers, seasons dead already.

That's a little "assuming" I guess..but come on, really?

If we win both, you're a LONG SHOT.

You'd NEED the pats to lose the other 2, and you'd need to undefeated, including @ Steelers @ Bears.

Weirder things have happened in the NFL, and "never say never", but that's not a toss-up situation by any means

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In all fairness this is a Patriots-driven thread so naturally bandwag...err...patriot fans will undoubtedly show up.

:rofl: well done

10. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

the pats rarely lose games they arent supposed to...its not even worth getting your hopes up they'll beat chicago by 3 tds

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Having a blizzard in Chicago certainly helps the Bears D more then the Patriots offense but I think Brady has a lot of good experience in cold, bad weather. Does Cutler?

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If Brady continues to play the way he played on MNF they could have 4 feet of snow falling and Brady would still pick apart the Bears D. However, unlike the Jets, the Bears will probably have realized that the way to beat the Pats is to run the ball and that should give them a decent chance of competing.

13. GreenMachine

So wait, if week 2 we lost to NE 43-3, and last week we beat NE 28-14, what would your knowledge bring us?

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The Pats looked like Supermen against us, but nobody in this league is going 14-2 this year.

I love the Bears' chances on a snowy field. It will definitely slow down the Pats offense and the Bears have a big edge in defense and running game.

And ... I love GB's chances against them the following week, because they also have a solid D that puts pressure on the QB ... and they have one of the best downfiled passing games in the league. They'll test that Pat secondary the way we didn't/couldn't.

15. perfectpackage99

I agree with you 100%, I expect the Jets to demolish the Phins today, Pats will get beat by Chicago in a huge upset as well. Pats think they are on top of the world right now, but I can't wait to see the BEARS spank them today

16. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

whatever dude. Nothing says the Bears are going to win today.

Nothing says we'll win today. ALthough I bet we do. I think New England will also. THere are no guarantees in this league.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bears have a good shot at winning. The problem is, we would still need them to lose again and us to win out to win the division.

18. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

In my opinion this is the game of games for the Pats and the number 1 seed .. I don't think they match up well with the Packers .. Lose to the Bears and it's a must win for the Pats next week at home. Not saying that Buff and Miami are gimmes .. but this one is very important for them . .

19. skeleton_frames

Exactly. The tiebreakers still dictate that they need to lose next week as well vs GB (which is possible) OR lose one of their remaining two games.

At the end of the day, all the Jets can control is going 13-3. If they can do that, they'll get a good shot of confidence from A- going 5-1 in the division and beating good Chicago and Pittsburgh clubs on the road.

If it isn't done already, maybe a mod should sticky the tie breaker rules in a thread so we don't have to keep bringing them up in multiple locations?

20. Elijah

Elijah New Member

I'm not supposed to point out sarcasm when people clearly don't get it?