Nick Folk has got to go ASAP

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 6, 2010.

1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I'm not a Folk fan, but Rex totally set him up to fail tonight. A 53 yard field goal with 25 MPH winds? How can anyone get on any kicker for that?

2. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

That's not the point. No matter what happened tonight, you can see the guy is done. No reason to keep him around. He may not have been the difference maker tonight, but he won't be when they need him to be, He's done. No confidence = no FG. He's done.

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Yeah he has to go, he has fallen apart. I really want to support the guy, but he is done

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't like Folk at all, but he's not our biggest problem at all right now.

5. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

No, but why let any problem go unfixed? Unless you believe that replacing Folk would render us unable to fix any other part of the team.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

How was Rex setting him up when Rex claims he was making them in pre-game warm-ups and going WITH the wind?

If you can't rely on your kicker to make anything beyond 40yds, u don't have a fucking kicker. End of story.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

He missed a FG he shouldn't have even been out there kicking in the 1st place. Yeah, bring in Kris Brown, I have a ton of confidence in him. Is Morten Andersen still available, then we're talking....I don't think now is the time to be rehashing the Folk argument. We lost by 42(!!!!) fucking points. Tonight's not the night for this.

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Not end of story at all. Anything over 50 yards, the kickers chances of making it slim down to below 30%. On top of that the wind was 25 MPH. Just because you can kick the ball 58 yards doesn't mean it goes straight all the time. Even Grahams kicks were going right to left when he kicked it. Rex should have punted the ball or went for it there on 4th down. No reason to kick it.

9. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

A kicker upgrade is necessary. Yes, we saw Folk attempt a kick he shouldn't have attempted. But if "it's cold" and "it's windy" are viable excuses for Folk to miss kicks, he needs to leave the Meadowlands.

The problem I have is with the kickoffs. I was expecting Folk to miss his fair share of kicks this season, but consistently put the ball in the endzone.

When the wind is with him, he can get it to the five-yard line.

The issue at hand is the first sentence of my post, though: an upgrade is necessary. If Kris Brown is an upgrade, then go for it. I'm not so sure. I think we'd be best served sticking with Nick Folk until the off-season, and then securing a definitive upgrade at kicker.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen enough from this dickhead. Bring in a new guy, if you see a kicker's confidence is this shaken you get his ass outta there at this point in the season.

Tonight there was bad winds, but I wanted him gone prior to tonight.

11. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

This game is all on Folk....he makes that kick and we score six points!!! That was enough for the win right?

12. Jason05

Jason05 Member

He has no confidence, we can't play with him in the playoffs when you need need points and FG in cold weather.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

folk is the only guy who scored. by your logic everybody else should go right?

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Doesn't matter if he makes them in pre-game warmups, a 53 yarder in that weather is ridiculous. Also the Patriots were going INTO the wind. You pin them deep in their own territory and make them go 80+ yards to score. They probably would have done it but still you gotta play the odds there. Rex coached like a scared douchebag like that. He wanted to restore confidence in Folk but he put him in a near impossible situation.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't know if there's anything better out there. Until he starts shanking FGs consistently inside 40 yards, we could do a lot worse. You just can't rely on him for the long ones, but who's out there that is reliable at that distance?

17. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It's Nick Folks fault we lost - cus our coach was chasing 3 points with 7 minutes left in the first quarter, trying to kick a ridiculous field goal instead of punting... LOL... Right... cus Nick Folk was put in a position to succeed there by our fearless leaders... you know when you try that kick... with 3 seconds remaining in the game, and your trailing by 2... not in the first quarter

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I dont mind him missing the 53 yarder. Awful call to go for a FG there. Its the kickoffs and field position he gives us. Terrible.

19. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

100% agree with this.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Obviously he should have never even been attempting that kick at that point in the game, but the guys confidence is obviously shot. The kick never even had a chance. It looked like Mangold attempted the kick.

They need to find someone who can do better than this folker.