Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Nov 25, 2010.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

"Healthy" is a relative term 10 weeks into an NFL season. Injury-wise, I think the steelers have fared better on the defensive side than the majority of the other teams in the league.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just watched a Belichick Press Conference. Wow.....BRUTAL. :lol: Jets fans are literally spoiled by Rex in many ways...

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did he just stand there and scowl, while farting?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Never watched the mangini pressers?

5. The Dark Knight

Looking at the ONLY loss vs. the Patriots in the Rex Ryan era, that game was all on Sanchez. Game started with a PICK 6 to Bodden. Sanchez made terrible decisions throughout the game, threw 4 interceptions. Jets lost 31-14 but it was bad from the start. Sanchez isn't even CLOSE to that bad anymore. The Jets are a way better team. I am not sure how much better New England is. The Patriots are in trouble man....

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It worked against teams that had worse offenses.

I am not talking about fear. I am talking about a rational assessment.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

whatever you want to call it. You want to change what has been our way of doing things because you think the opposition is too good to do that. Smells like fear to me.

8. The Dark Knight

Another thing: People spinning that Moss was on Revis Island so without Moss the Pats matchup better vs. the Jets cause they spread it around more is stupid. That makes no sense at all. Moss is taken out so Brady has to spread it around against the Jets anyway. Now with no Moss an extra player (Welker,Branch Hernandez) will be taken out on a play by Revis, which gives Brady one less option. That thought process makes no sense to me.

9. MadBacker Prime

Yeah that is comical, it's like Revis will just wander around the field doing nothing. lol

On NFL radio we did have 1 guy pick us, and we all know how important that is to a win.

10. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

DW or LT?

Off the top of your head... Who do you think leads the AFC East in yards per carry average?
    I'll give you a hint. It's not LT

11. MadBacker Prime

He hasn't met the minimum requirements for attempts yet. lol

If I had 1 run for 99 yards I'd be leading according to you.

Bottom line, we're 2nd in rushing and you're 16th.

BTW, it is LT....http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

12. MadBacker Prime

If you did want to use your pointless stat it would be Brad Smith averaging 8 YPC.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So you do the same things no matter who the opponent is. Same approach.

Got it.

Grant was the Union's best general. Nerves of steel. Acted accordingly.

Except... when Bedford Forrest was skirmishing in his army's rear, disrupting communications and supply lines. When that happened, Grant did not act the same as he did at other times. He knew Forrest was a worthy adversary, and acted accordingly.

Does that mean Grant feared Forrest? You're right - it's a semantic point. But the end result was Grant did not treat Forrest's threat the same he did all others.

14. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Stop that Prime....you KNOW Pats fans only look at the good numbers.....:smile:

15. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

I agree, Steelers weren't 100% when we faced them.

That said, Today's NFL is full of parity--there are no 2007 colts or patriots dominating everyone, playing complete games. The 2010 patriots have beat the best that 2010's AFC (and NFL for that matter) has to offer besides the Jets. While no AFC powerhouses are their traditional selves this year..these 2010 Pats know they have beaten everyone that will be on their way to the Superbowl, sans JETS. That comes Monday. Jets can't say nearly the same thing, as their statement game of the year so far was back in Week 2.

I hope stats make ya guys feel better, but the whole Pats D is too bad to make a championship team argument is pretty silly. If we win this foxboro game we more then likely get a bye week and homefield throughout playoffs. THat leaves us with 2 home games against teams we more then likely already beat this year. To point at stats as proof as to why we can't win them..is pretty weak.

I'm no Pats front-runner. I was a quiet Pats fan for a very long time. But as of right now (and until someone knocks us off in Foxboro or outright wins this division), it's our division to lose. For Jet fans to talk about "what they've done" and think they should be favorites going in is pretty ridiculous. Gettin' the job on monday would be by far your statement game of the year, and biggest W in Rex Ryan's short jets career so far.

The JETS looked great in the week 2 matchup and had brady running in circles last year. In the return match in foxboro, that same Jets D got lit up, and sanchez-to-bodden was the only thing working for you offense. Brady and the pats (especially on D) are a very different team at home. you'll see

good luck

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nacho is coming off a bad game vs the Bengals though. If he rebounds well on Monday then you know his education is coming along very nicely. If he chokes then it's going to be one fat step backwards. But I have confidence in him, the guy shows up for big games, he's clutch AND the patriots have no defense at all this year

17. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

Go Danny!

Hey, don't blame the Patriots if Danny @5.4 YPC hasn't played in all the games LT@ 4.5 YPC has this year. That a Jets thing.
    BTW... Woody @9.6 per catch also has a better yards per reception average than LT @ 7.3 per catch.

These stats are what they are.

18. The Dark Knight

:lol: Woodhead argument vs. LT. Pats fans are sad/pathetic. And worst of all, I don't even think they are trolls. I think all the stuff they say, they actually believe.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

They clearly show us that Woodhead >>> LT. Either that or that they're inflated because of limited touches in an offense with the best QB in the game feeding him the ball.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

Rex Ryan will defer if we win. Rex Ryan >>> Grant. :lol: