Jets vs Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

Go toss Tom Brady's salad. Better yet, why don't you walk out in to traffic and die.

2. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

^jeez kinda harsh?

I guess KC and Oakland fans feel the same way about Charger fans.

Things were looking so convincing for them a few weeks ago...

3. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

How was that nice, swift exit from the playoffs last year?

4. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

Good one.

I wouldnt make postseason or success jokes at a pats fan. We've recently won 3 superbowls..and all indications are (best team in NFL--young and improving all around--2 picks in first 3 rounds next year) we're well on our way to Dynasty II.

but naw man, that free ride to the playoffs (when indy had you dead to rights..but decided hey, since they aren't real contendors like the pats, let them hang out) last year really impressed us. I wish our team had a high like that every 50 years

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

fillerrrrr

6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Yeah being down 15-10 in the third quarter, is such a blowout, either way we got into the playoffs, no matter how we did, we still did. We got to the AFCCG with no hand outs, I'm sure you're aware of that. We lost but hey we had some big injuries in the game that killed us.

Anyway if you were a real Pats fan and not a front runner you wouldn't be so arrogant as the Patriots were shit before 2001, and should know what it was like to a fan of a shitty franchise without a championship. But thats OK, it's cool brah, keep talking shit.

Yeah the Patriots have young players and are rebuilding the defense, but remember, Brady is getting older and his time left in the NFL is short, and did you forget the Jets are still incredibly young, as are the faggot Dolphins, this division isn't going to belong to the Pats much longer, too soon for your liking, my front runner friend.

Should be a great game on Monday.
    :gpc:

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My dad can beat up your dad.

8. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

No man, his dad straight up murders fools. Like Brady murders them Jets cause Dynasty II is coming, Brady will be in MVP form for another 10 years man, we're doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. stanner

stanner Member

who gives a shit.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You're not seriously taking credit for three superbowls that you cheated your way to, are you? Look at what happened when you were being watched. Besides without a kicker you would have been 0-3 even in the three you stole.

11. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Which team is playing without a kicker??? I'm pretty sure we all have them and they all score points.

Just because Nick Folk couldn't win you guys a game if the world depended on it...

12. husky71

husky71 New Member

I haven't read all 450 posts here but here's my take on the game and my apologies for repeating what probably has been stated already.

I've been a STH for the Patriots for 19 seasons and I've seen the good, the bad and the very ugly over those years. And, yes, before 2001 the Patriots were not even an average team at best. And without those FGs maybe the Patriots would not have been victorious in their 3 SB victories. But all that is in the past and has absolutely no bearing on this season in general or Monday night's game in particular. Both teams are even. Both teams have great Offenses, great Defenses and great Special Teams. After 12 weeks of the season, who each team defeated or lost to means nothing.

I'm concerned about the Patriots pass rush and their ability to keep Sanchez in the pocket. He has proven himself to be a great mobile QB, being able to throw too many completed passes on the run. The Patriots DL has to keep him inside, but I really don't think they can do that. The DL will need help from the LBs for containment, which makes the coverage of the JETS WRs/TEs downfield much more difficult (less double coverage, therefore more 1 on 1), unless the JETS TE's are left in to protect. The middle of the field 10-15 yards from the LOS might very well be open enough to allow success for Sanchez on the short crossing patterns. The Patriots DBs and Safeties have improved since week 2, but still give up too many yards for most of us to feel as comfortable as we would like. The JETS WRs might very well have great games going deep. Arrington, McCourty and Sanders have to play at their best or else.

When the Patriots are on Offense, I think the short game will be an important part of the game plan - Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Edelman and Woodhead (remember him?). The long ball is not very prolific and with Revis most probably guarding Branch, I really don't see many Brady to Branch completions. The Patriots O line has been protecting Brady well over the past few weeks and hopefully they can do the same Monday night. Whereas Sanchez can throw on the run outside the pocket, Brady is more of a pocket passer. Make him move out of the pocket before he can find his receiver, and his game changes, as does the success of the Patriots passing game.

I think the key to a Patriots victory will be the running game - Green-Ellis and Woodhead. I really don't know how good the JETS DL is against the run, but the Patriots OL has allowed the Patriots running game to make some yards and take time off the clock in the past few weeks.

Here's to a great game from both teams. The winner on Monday night will have earned a very hard fought game against a great opponent. Let's get it on.

BTW, do you guys really think the Patriots are going to lose on Tedy Bruschi night? :wink:

13. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Who wants it?

The jets opening play should be a play action pass to braylon, holmes, or keller whoever is open on a deep route, and i gaurantee the tempo will be set for atleast the first half, pats defense will be on its heels, pats defense will focus on the run early...

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

BradyDickSucker or whatever your name is.

What playoff teams have you faced? The Colts and Steelers were not themselves, due to injury.

Is Cleveland, is Peyton Hillis a playoff team?

Baltimore was a good win, but you couldn't beat us.

Our 2 losses look better then yours, a 2 win team embarrassed the shit out of you. Reality check time champ, this year will be a sweep.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I guess you don't watch too many Jet games? Just another ESPN drone?

Where were you week 3? We'd just love your insight all year, it's brilliant.

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I respect brady and belichik, but the pats cant beat the jets this year, we beat the pats in week 2 without santonio holmes, or our best pass rusher in calvin pace, on top of that the jets havent played their best yet... recognize

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gotta laugh at Pats fans talking about other teams getting breaks.

Walt Coleman says hello.

[​IMG]

18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

The ravens and steelers were both ranked #2 by espn the weeks we faced them, Indy #10. It's easy to complain about injuries when things start to head downhill. That doesn't account for the fact that the pats put up 39 points on a healthy steelers defense. Last time I checked Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon were star NFL studs last year, now all of a sudden peyton has no weapons to work with???.

If the jets do win come monday, does that mean that we get to start complaining about losing our #1 CB, #1RB, 3rd down RB, all-pro DL, and starting OL to injury? Will that not count as a solid win for the jets because all of a sudden we will be an injured team limping through the season???

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

If you can't take a bit of humor regarding your kicker then I guess my insight won't do much for you. My point is that arguing that we won 3 superbowls because of our kicker is no different than saying we won it because of our QB, or WR, or any other player on our roster.

And where was I week 3? If you did a little bit of research, you could probably figure out that I did not have an account here yet. I was not talking shit before the game, I wasn't hiding in a hole after.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's fine to make the arguments that you think support your position. No problem there. But you should also realize it helps a great deal more if you also address countering arguments.

Like the Cleveland game, for example, and how the Jets won when the Pats did not.

I agree that all teams have to deal with injuries. The Jets btw are not in perfect health, either. But turning to the Pitt and Colts game in particular, I would agree that the Pats win over Pitt was impressive, just not all that impressive. The final score was close, Pitt looked lethargic the whole game - that happens sometimes. Maybe you want to use that one in explaining the Cleveland game. Heh. Not to digress, but we'll know better how much to make of NE's win over Pitt when the Jets play them. I have not seen much of Pitt, but I am starting to get more skeptical about their CS other than LeBeau.

But yes, overall that was a good win for NE.

Colts. They are 6-5. YEah, a winning team, but not much of one. Obviously the Colts are not last year's Colts. Manning even seems a bit off. But yeah, that win does count as one against a team with a winning record. Ok.

I think the Pats are a very good team. Top three probably. Top five at worst. They will probably make the playoffs even if they lose on Monday night.

But you must concede this analysis of who beat which teams providing guidance as to predicting this game is a mixed bag at best for your position.