What will the PAts try and take away?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vilmatic, Dec 1, 2010.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Bill always takes away what he thinks is the most dangerous thing, but what is our most dangerous thing? I bet they try and prevent LT from being the dumpoff. Play us a lot like they played St Lo in the SB.

2. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Our anal virginity for one

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keller. Got to be Keller. No wait. Holmes. Oh! maybe Jericho! yup, gotta be Jericho! Or maybe Braylon? Or Greene maybe?

the only team that can stop the jets monday night is the jets.

4. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

The Jets are gonna have to win a shootout. I hope you're right.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Agreed completely. There is way to much on this offense to take away. Just execute and there is no shot we will be beat.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The run and short throws for sure. Belicheck is going to force Sanchez to beat them down the field on a cold, possibly snowy night.

7. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

God, I hope so. Allows those nice slants and go routes to Braylon and 'Tone to generate quick scores.

I doubt that will happen though. He's gonna play the run, not allow for big plays and make Sanchez try and be patient.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I think he's going to run a lot of zone with 3 and 4 man rushes....

9. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

It's pretty obvious they're going to try and stop the run. Why would they concentrate on the run? Because they know if the Jets get their running game going it will keep Brady off the field, and that equals bigtime loss for the Pats.

They have a better shot at stopping the run than stopping the pass anyway, but I don't think they will be able to consistently do it.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

this game will not be a hoot out -- the pats might avg 31 pts per game but against 3 healthy defenses - Jets, Ravens, Chargers they AVG less than 20 pts a game.

The Pats require teams to beat themselves with turnovers...if the jets don't give the ball away and play straight up the Pats really don't have the defense to stop the jets from scoring 28 points or more again---just like in the first game.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think they're going to try and take away the ball. That's there only chance of beating us.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good thread.

Since the Browns game where the Jets ran the slant to win and Holmes said it was the first slant they called all game, they used the Holmes slant A LOT against Hou and Cin. I bet you Belicheck is on to that and will take that away. We will see zone coverages so hopefully Sanchez will be smart and find the open man and dump to L.T. when necessary.

13. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

they will try and make sanchez throw down the field.

14. steves850

steves850 Active Member

This is the thread closer. Perfect, logical, and there's a precedent. If they do slow down the run pass, Sanchez has proven he can air it out when push comes to shove. This is a winnable game.:jets:

15. Wizard Of Odds

It's interesting that in the first game in Week 2 Brady threw 2TD's and 2 INT's while Sanchez threw 3 TD's. If they try to concentrate on the run, which they'll probably do, they still won't be safe because now Sanchez has Holmes to go to. The addition of Holmes probably equals at least one more TD, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Sanchez have a big day here.

The Pats are pretty much in a damned if you do, damned if you don't, situation.

16. 85inthehall

The Pats trying to stop the run means they need to bring a safety up...could leave them vulnerable to play action and screen on the outside when receivers go down the field or cross away form the screen. Holmes is a huge issue for the Pats. They couldn't stop the pass in the first game without Holmes and I think analysts are forgetting that fact.

17. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

The pats have a good d-line. I see them stopping the run with their regular personnel and trying to drop linebackers to pick off sanchez's quick slants on third downs. Sanchez is devolping into a 'timing' passer and belli will try to disrupt his recievers.

18. 85inthehall

They allows 110 ypg on the ground..and this is considering they are scoring 30 pts a game so teams are forced to abandon the run to play comeback. If the Jets are able to take the lead the Pats will have to sell out to get the ball back by stopping the run which exposes their awful secondary. If the Pats can key on the pass in a comeback scenario they can generate turnovers. If the Pats dictate the game early it will be a long day for the jets...if not it will be a long day for the Pats.

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

this isn't 2008.

they have 2 scrubs that surround Wllfork

20. Wizard Of Odds

Interestingly it was the Pats who turned the ball over in the first game. Brady threw 2 interceptions and they lost a fumble. The Jets had no turnovers and ran for 136 yards. Most of the other stats were pretty even. The Jets had about 5 more minutes in time of possession and had a pretty even gameplan with 30 rushes and 32 passes. So if anyone has to watch the turnovers in this game it might be the Pats.