Blitz the heck out of Brady...or stay at home?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Nov 29, 2010.

1. NYJets4EverOnTop

What do you think Rex will do? What do you think we SHOULD do?

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We will blitz him like always. Obvious question is obvious.

3. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I'd rather make sure that the secondary isn't left weakened at any point as Brady will be guaranteed to take advantage of any mismatches or soft coverage. In a straight fight between the lines I fancy the Jets to get through several times in the course of the game, but we need to make sure that Brady's still got the ball in his hands when they do. Shut down his receivers and his skills become worthless.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cut the head off of the only threat the Pats have.

The Pats are like a really good Texans team that knows how to close out games. They outscore you and get the turnover at the right time.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

not so fast. rex needs to run a zone defense to cover the middle of the field against the te's and rb's.

we can't count on extra blitzers to overload one side of the line.

look for the occasional one man blitz from a DB or Harris up the middle.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Teams figured that formation out in the offseason. Makes me sad to see such a fun blitz package go away, but that's the NFL.

7. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

A combination of both, depending on the situation. I'd love it if Pryce and Taylor can have games like they did vs Cincy, it'd make it much easier for Rex.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Trevor Pryce has been an amazing pick up for this team.

He's a 14 year veteran, so expecting a lot from him is asking way too much, but for a guy who sees 8-15 snaps a game and generates the pressure or pocket push he does, I'm more than happy he's here.

I was excited to get him when the Ravens released him, and his loyalty to Rex is near zealot status.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I think we should sit back and let Brady do his thing, leading his team to a 49-21 blow out.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Revis on Welker, Cro on Branch, Wilson on Hernandez, Coleman with safety help on Tate I guess. I like those matchups.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. Wilson is going to get killed.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I remember in the first matchup Wilson played relatively well and he was matched up on Hernandez at times.

I mean the second half of that game was the best defensive performance by the Jets all season and Wilson was still getting a ton of PT then. Although the Pats weren't good then and that game doesn't count so we'll see.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If he's on TEs, he's fine.

Tate is a shifty bastard and is tough for any non-#1 or 2 CB.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The OP's question goes to the heart of the challenge against NE. Imo despite the win earlier this season, when the Pats have the ball the way the Jet D has been lately makes me nervous. The Jets do not seem to get much pass rush with their standard rush. But if they blitz they are lessening zone coverage in teh middle of the field, which has been as much as anything a weakness for them.

But the way to beat Brady I still think is to knock him down, make him uncomfortable. He's not really that mobile, perhaps his only weakness. I think the Jets will go after him, but there will be a cost of plays completed up the middle.

Jets will have to score points to win this one. I don't see this as a low scoring defensive struggle.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

no overload blitz packages...Pats don't wait for long plays to open up. Brady is getting rid of the ball real quick. Ryan should try to confuse Brady be faking blitzes and dropping off guys back into the middle to cover those short crossing routes. Maybe get Brady second guessing for a split second on some reads. You overload blitz every 3rd and 6 you know he will pick the Jets apart over the middle on slants and shitty bubble screens to Welker.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Agreed, as good as Brady & Manning are neither handles pressure all that well. The thing is they're both savvy enough to avoid pressure if their line breaks down (good pocket presence). If the Jets can get hits on him he'll make some bad throws.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We didn't have Revis that half either, or Pool.

How can u say that win doesn't count? Of course it does. Lets just say the Pats do win, (which they won't) but the very next week they lose to the Bears.

We win out after that fake loss, beating the Bears in the process. We're still in it to win the division. We also beat Cleveland and they didn't. They still have to face the Packer, the Pats don't matchup well against them IMO.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
    If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
    1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lmao dude i was being sarcastic and mocking the Pats fans that have come on here and basically said that game doesn't count

19. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I can see us getting penalized for breathing on him, so hit him late anyways..

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's not just Brady. Imo the Pats OL did not play so well in the first game. They look better in recent games. Keeping the pocket in place long enough is key for them since Brady, while good at avoiding pressure in the pocket, is not too mobile outside it.