Unreal: 13-3 Might Get Us #1 Seed...or #5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Nov 27, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Neither did the Ravens though, to be fair.

Those #3 and #4 seeds are going to have it rough no matter what, with the Ravens, Steelers Patriots or Jets playing them. It would be no surprise for the divisional rounds to be #5 vs. #2 and #6 vs. #1 in the AFC.

2. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

If we get the #1 seed im sure we are going to the super bowl. It's only gonna come down to that. I can see it.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Honestly, either way I'm not sweating. I think the playoff system needs revision because it's bullshit that the 9-7 division winner could host a 13-3 team but as far as we're concerned, if we're gonna win the superbowl or make it...we cant be afraid to play games or play against certain teams. We're excellent on the road including last year in the playoffs, and the #4 seed would most likely be the afc west (chiefs/chargers/raiders). Winnable games.

that said, I think we beat the patsies and win the division anyways

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Patriots remaining schedule:

Mon 12/6/2010 8:30 PM vs Jets ESPN / WCVB
    Sun 12/12/2010 1:00 PM @ Bears CBS / WBZ-TV
    Sun 12/19/2010 8:20 PM vs Packers NBC / WHDH
    Sun 12/26/2010 1:00 PM @ Bills CBS / WBZ-TV
    Sun 1/2/2011 1:00 PM vs Dolphins CBS / WBZ-TV

Well - If we want to win the division, we need this Monday nighter. It would give us a one game cushion since a tie would go to the Jets if they win.

Outside of the Packers and Jets, the Pats have a nice road down the stretch.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Even after we beat the Patriots, we still need to win 3 of our last 4 to be guaranteed the division.

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

^^So it gives us a cushion vs Pittsburgh.

7. RMorin

RMorin Member

I disagree and don't think we'd be upset if the situation was reverse and we were getting a higher seed then a wild card. One of the best things about the NFL is the rivalries within the divisions and having a division crown mean less would hurt that. If you do not win your division you do not deserve a 1-4 seed, its that simple.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

The NBA disagrees with you

9. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Well, if we don't win the division, this season is a wash for us. That said, I think that green bay or Chicago beat new england for us. They need those games too. But if we win we aren't looking back.

10. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

It is a sight to watch people that talked shit about the Jets wear the colors after all

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They need to consider re-seeding the wildcard teams. I think the top two division winners should get a bye then the remaining four teams should be reseeded. A few years ago the Colts had to go out to SD and play an 8-8 Chargers team who won a terrible AFC West division. You are rewarded for winning your division by making the playoffs, you shouldn't be given another gift by automatically getting a home game.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and is an inferior product :wink:

We ALL hope the JETS win the division, but if they happen to lose on Monday and eventually the division, I'll be rooting hard for the JAGS to take the AFC south....grab the 4 seed, and get stomped at home by the JETS. At least I'll get to go to a playoff game that way.

Until then, I'm hoping Brady get buried into the Foxborro turf on Monday :jets:

#52 stinkyB, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Shit alot of Jets fans will be able to go to a Playoff game in that scenario - Jags season ticket base is pathetic. I would defintiely make that trip and tickets will be able to be had.

You would would probably have over 30% of the stadium Jets fans.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yes, my thoughts exactly. And thank god for it, thats why the nfl is great, though as of late the comissioner has been making me think otherwise.

15. GANGGREENFAN

GANGGREENFAN Banned

The jets are all ready playing better than last season. Anything could happen.

16. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Other than maybe the MIA game, IMO the Pats have a tough schedule. Did you see what the Bears did to the "unbeatable" Eagles yesterday? The Bills had the Steelers beat several times as well.

17. pisano24

pisano24 Member

I just want to lead the league in wins!

18. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Lets stop making excuses and trying to change the NFL Playoff Rules. Have confidence that the Jets will go into Foxboro and win on MNF. By some of these comments Ive seen you guys are already writing this game of as a Loss.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What's even worse is the standings now in the NFC West, 5-6 Record gets you first place right now. lol

AFC South, a 6-5 record is good enough for first their.

It's a joke the way the playoffs are designed proof is when the Pats are a 13-3 Wild Card team they will be visiting a 8-8 team or 7-9 team, who knows.

It's dumb, I wonder if they would ever change it. Obviously divisional winners still have to be in but maybe the team with the better record should host.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its only a problem in the years that this occurs.

In the years that everything is fine, no one wants to change anything. In the years that there are shitty divisions, people are up in arms to change it.