Brad Smith >>>>>>> Leon Washington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Nov 25, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm attacking you??....don't flatter yourself, junc.

I was merely pointing out the obvious with that tiny violin pic......

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Leon is the more dynamic player? Maybe a few years ago, but now, no.

He has had a good year returning kicks, bolstered by a game in which he had two TDs against arguably one of the worst ST in the league so far this year. I loved Leon when he was here, but cannot see him doing what Brad is doing as far as playing QB, tackling on ST, playing WR..etc. Leon cannot even get any carries behind Forsett and Lynch.

Leon still has some juice in his legs, but I think his best days are behind him. I could be wrong, that is just my opinion.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We're 9-2 and this is what people are concerned about? I don't remember anyone wanting to get rid of Brad Smith. We had both guys on the team for years, it's not an either/or.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I remember people bashing Smith, saying he would never develop into anything more than a mediocre WR.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Maybe we should worry about Danny Woodhead and Joe McKnight instead.

6. Italian Seafood

Me too. And while that was incredibly stupid, it had nothing to do with Leon.

We should definitely be worried about Danny Woodhead, especially this week. McKnight not so much--maybe three years from now as all the experts here are saying. So we have that going for us, which is, you know, kind of nice.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm absolutely terrified of the midget RB the Pats have now - we've been getting gauged by RB's all year, ya know. It's too bad we couldn't have him sitting on our bench doing nothing like McKnight. Really burns me up. Or we could have McKnight filling in well on special teams as a gunner instead of a midget allowing Ted Ginn Junior the corner twice in one game, costing us the game.

8. Italian Seafood

You still don't get it, do you? Woodhead is a productive part of a 9-2 team because he's a good football player ready to play in the NFL. McKnight is just getting in on STs now because he hasn't been ready to play. It's not the scouting combione anymore, nobody cares about the physical attributes if you can't play football.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

I get it just fine, you're the one who still doesn't understand he had no role on this team. Woodhead has a spot on the Pats because they lost 2 starting caliber players at the RB position to injury. Good for him.

McKnight has done more for this team than Woodhead would have by being productive on special teams where Woodhead has failed us in the past.

Maybe you'll figure it out one day, but I doubt it.

10. Italian Seafood

Yeah, Woodhead could never have made a special teams tackle. Oh wait, he made one right after scoring a TD, how about that? If nothing else he wouldn't be helping New England had we kept him, that by itself is much more than McKnight offers.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain that he missed a key tackle last year on Ginn during one of his two TD returns. Perhaps he has gotten better at tackling, not sure, all I hear about is his one tackle after a TD a few weeks ago.

But again, WWW bolded "this team".

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

BOOM.

Headshot.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

I agree it sucks he's helping NE, but someone was going to fill that role for them and his skill set matches what they do well. Who knows, maybe McKnight would be filling that role for them if we chose Woodhead instead.

McKnight has been very good in the gunner role for us. I know Woodhead got that tackle for NE, but he failed as a Jet on special teams and he probably wasn't NE's gunner - the position we needed to fill when Cole got injured.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He certainly couldn't keep contain on a 1st round bust in Westy's system, twice.

That's he's no different than Kevin Faulk was?

So its either a healthy Kevin Faulk or Woodhead who never had a spot on this team.

The only reason why it annoys any of us, is because he was a former Jet, and that he has so much heart. He had no place here.

I'm really not worried about a glorified white Kevin Faulk that is going to be taken out of the game by the Jets defense.

I'm much more concerned about those two talented rookie TEs that are raping 3-4 defenses this year.

15. Italian Seafood

I love how two plays from last year supercede everything he's done this year because it suits you guys' argument. Like Woodhead was the only guy on the field that day, too.

Face the fact, he's a big part of their team--which is tied with us at 9-2--and we GAVE him to them. And we kept McKnight, who may be something, but right now isn't much. Put a happy face on that move all you want, it backfired plain and simple.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Woodhead does not scare me or impress me.

He's not fast, he's not shifty, he's just small.

He's a far less impressive version of Sproles. He's on the Pats now, and has a total of 4 TD's, if he didn't get them somebody else would've.

Was he going to take carries from LT or Shonn? HELL NO

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't see any backfiring.

The small one had no role on this team, he got released. The Pats pick him up due to injuries and he's done well.

The Jets have a better rushing attack than they do. He's a fucking JAG.

I'm not sour about it.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It was his lane Ginn went towards and scored. Twice. It suits the argument because he failed to do his job on the Jets.

He's not a big part of the Pats offense, he has his role and is doing well. Just like Keven Faulk did. He's a white Keven Faulk. If he were a white Matt Forte I'd be pretty pissed for a really long time and it would be a huge stain on Tanny's record.

Deion Branch has a big role on the Patriots team. Woodhead has a medium role.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

and like Woodhead.....Branch was invisible outside of the Patriots offense.

These guys fit the Pats scheme....but aren't world beaters by any means....fearing them is a waste of time and energy. The correct game plan will neutralize these guys...and Rex has proven he can do that.

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's all about the system. Take Brady away and Woodhead is back to being a fringe player.

Brad Smith > post-broken leg Leon Washington
    Brad Smith < pre-broken leg Leon Washington

Jets are 9-2!