Boomer Esiason on Schotty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Nov 26, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that little iota of internet street cred you might've still had......just imploded.

2. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

the key word there is "some"

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ease up there Nelly.

I was agreeing with Boomer..who BTW agrees with the anti-Schitty faction from the other thread.

Jetsons thread was fail from the beginning.

Which is why I've been here haggling with you. (who unwittingly continues to argue with me, after stating your agreement with Boomer...odd...)

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's all the pre-snap motion and situational play calling that pisses me off.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I do agree with Boomer.

All I said is that if it was so easy to run a short quick passing game everyone would do it. Somehow that got twisted into your mind that I was defending Schotty, which I wasn't.

It is possible to to agree with what Boomer saw last night and still think that your claim that running a short quick passing game is easy is wrong. One does not entail the other.

6. honestcl

honestcl Member

We got one against Buffalo (LT) Struggling to think of another but I do know we have a paltry 23 points in the 1st Q all season, so I guess that means there's one other TD in there and 3 FGs. Can't think when the other TD was though

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I realize this is only the second post in a long thread (I haven't finished reading the thread), but it is fantastic because it echoes a lot of my frustration. I just cannot for the life of me understand why we are not the most domineering offense in the AFC. Sanchez, when confident, plays fantastic. We have amazing receivers. And a potentially great running game. And with teams still prefering 8 in the box schemes, we should be exploiting the mid-passing game.

8. honestcl

honestcl Member

Belichick has lost 3 of the last four against the Jets

Belichick has lost 2 of the last four home regular season games against the Jets

Sanchez is 2 of three lifetime against Belichick.

Whether we end up winning or losing, there's certainly no need for us to be fearful.

9. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Schotty is such a pussy. He is single-handedly ruining sanchez's chances at an MVP season. Can't wait until he is gone.
    Take your predictable, ground & pound horse shit, uncreative offense to Buffalo.
    Conservative hand holder

10. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I would add that the jets not the patriots played in the afc championship game last yr.

11. ukilledkenny

Sanchez never had a shot at being MVP... he isn't good enough yet.

Weren't we criticizing Schotty for being too aggressive with Sanchez not that long ago?

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Aggressive? What aggressive?

Giving multiple complex plays at every snap, out of which most are killed anyway, is not about being being aggressive. Sanchez had enough of it - and told Schotty to spare him of that bullshit. Things got better afterward. See the trend?

Placing multiple receivers near each other is NOT how you design an aggressive passing play. Ok?

13. ukilledkenny

Go back further.

Or go a few weeks into this season. either one.

Thanks for telling me stuff I already knew though.

14. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

At this point, 2 out of the last 5 would suck.

15. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The 'rhythm' argument does have merit because Sanchez seems to do best in the no-huddle or when we are coming from behind in the 4th Quarter.

OTOH, Rex likes 'ground and pound' and Schotty works for Rex, not Sanchez.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

there is a reason why boomer has never been an QB coach, OC or HC in the NFL: He isn't too swift. Comparing what an OC can do w/future HOFer tom brady as QB to what is feasible w/a 2nd yr QB named mark sanchez is idiotic and it shows just how stupid boomer can be when he needs to fill air time with his lunatic rants.

Boomer is a decent enough person, but he is none too bright when it comes to being an OC which is why nobody has ever even considered hiring him as an OC in the NFL.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I have noticed that every time we struggle it seems Sanchez lets the play clock run all the way down before taking the snap. Is this him spending 40 seconds reading the defense in front of him or is this a play design from Shotties game plan.

Slow methodical play calling leads to slow and methodical losses. Once you slow down a team built for speed and vertical play you hamper any rhythm that could possibly be made during the early stages of the game.

The three end game come backs illustrate only one thing; when you’re aggressive and not predictable you can put opponents back on his heels and do with them what you want!

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Only 3 teams have scored more against the Bengals than the Jets did this year, and only one team beat them by more points.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If anything, Sanchez usually lines up the offense around ~17, 18 seconds on the clock. Very rarely he lines them up with 20+ seconds. In case of Manning, he never lines up his offense later than 25 seconds.

Now, take 5 seconds off with the meaningless bullshit motion, and Sanchez has mere 10~12 seconds to recognize the coverages and rushes. Frankly I don't know whose fault it is, but I have a strong gut feeling that this in a way leads to Sanchez holding onto the ball too long.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

but they scored all their points off a turnover that doesn't really count cus it was on special teams so that was a gift, a kickoff return which is obviously a gift, and an end around which is again a gift (if one guy makes a tackle that's barely a positive play)