Boomer Esiason on Schotty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The difference is this. They have Brady and we have Sanchez in the middle of his second year. The Jets offense, as much as people want to say that they know all the plays, continues to evolve with Sanchez growing/regressing in certain areas week by week. Everyone knows the style that Brady plays with every week, they just can't stop it.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I've never seen a team where the QB only has 1 or 2 quick options to throw the ball to, and if they're not there, he is completely screwed. The design of a lot of the plays just seems ridiculous. Either our receivers get no separation at all, which I don't think is the case, or the offensive design sucks. It's a lot of bullshit motion, and 5 yard routes that the defenses are jumping now.

I hate to say it, but giving this Shittenheimer extra time to prepare for the Pats really doesn't give me any confidence at all. Belicheck must be licking his chops going up against Shotty.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I agree COMPLETELY with Boomer... however, last year it was the same shit right up until December when suddenly the light switch went on. Simplified play calling combined with a heavier dose of Shonn Greene resulted in one of the most epic two month stretches we've witnessed as Jets fans.

I have *some* faith that Schotty will get it right again this year in the last month of the season.

If we blow it because the offense continues to make predictable asinine playcalling then I'll be right on the "Please, some other team hire him as a HC!" bandwagon.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I bet they didn't. But frankly, I don't give a fuck. I remember when the Jets were uniformly miserable and used to line up guys that seemed like they got from a car wash in Lake Ronkonkoma. I'm just happy when they win, I don't care how decisive it is. Its a pretty rare phenomenon historically. Enjoy it already.

5. xxedge72x

By the way, can someone please tell Schotty to stop lining up Richardson in the flat... it doesn't fool anyone.

It feels like we give away our play calls with our personnel packages.

6. Bombers

Bombers New Member

Clearly the offense is lacking with this team...Its not schotty bashing just reality...

Not only is his play calling putting the team out of rhythm....but apparently the Db"s are having great reads giving them a chance to jump the plays for interceptions

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez factors in some as well. He is VERY clutch and always comes up when needed... but he is in just his 2nd year and has a lot of ups and downs during the game.

It's difficult to have a consistent O when you don't have a consistent QB (yet).

These two factors (Schotty's love for complex scheme + Sanchez inexperience/lack of consistency) add up... but as long as Sanchez comes up when needed there's no need to worry too much.

8. ukilledkenny

Yeah, just like last time when he held the Jets to 28 points. Should be a walk in the park for Belichick.

If we are going to play this game, you know that Rex and Pettine are licking their chops going up against whoever the Pats OC is.

9. xxedge72x

I do like the fact that the Jets are at least allowing Sanchez to take chances down the field... its the only way he's ever going to get good at it.

Once Sanchez starts connecting consistently on those deep throws our passing game is going to be scary.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The Pats have the #1 offense in the league, with a Hall of Fame QB. Why would Rex be licking his chops to go up against that?

On the flip side, we have a guy calling the plays who holds the offense back, is predictable, and tries (and fails) to outsmart everyone. Going against a legendary coach whose specialty is game planning to take away what the other team wants to do. Plus Shotty has extra time to prepare, and we saw how well that goes over, like against Baltimore and GB.

I have no confidence in him allowing this offense to get going early in the game and getting off the a fast start. It seems like it takes the team to get in trouble and look awful for him to open things up. I think the Jets are going to beat the Pats despite him, not because he is going to have a great game plan and take advantage of the Pats weaknesses.

11. ukilledkenny

The last time these two teams played the Jets scored 28 points and the Pats scored 14. Seems like this matchup would favor the Jets coaching staff on both sides of the ball to me.

Of course the Patriots are the best team in football so I guess everyone should be scared of them

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't particulary care for Schotty but in his defense Sanchez hurts himself sometimes with his trying to hard to force something out of nothing. As fantastic as he ahs been he could be that much better if he would learn to throw the ball away. I think that falls on Sanchez but the CS needs to be forcing that into his head. If you notice when he does something good you see Schotty but after that pick he threw (which was inexcusable) he sat by himself on the bench and neither Schotty nor Cavanaugh were around him.

13. ukilledkenny

I did notice the Brunell was with him right after that. I don't know how they have decided to handle Mark when he fucks up but I wouldn't be shocked if they just let Brunell handle it. I know I would rather hear a player in my ear after a mistake instead of a coach.

14. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Do the jets have a first quarter TD this year?

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The playcalling kills me too but I have to ask, who do you want for OC?

Is Callahan really the right man for the job?

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Paul Hackett may be available.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

good question.....and if i'm Rex Ryan...the resumes that come in better show that they know how to exploit the defensive weakness of an opponent.

18. ukilledkenny

I have seen you throw his name around before.

You are being sarcastic about him right?

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Haha. That's sort o my point.

What OC is available that would be good enough? Progressive enough?

I don't see anybody out there.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I also am not so sure Schotty will get that HC job.

We aren't the only ones noticing his lack of skills...

Good coordinators get offers for HC jobs not mediocre ones.