Sanchez = Clutch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah but JDB has maybe half of one intangible that Sanchez has.

2. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan New Member

Duh, lol. I was simply debating the college reference.

Since the NFL is where Mark is making his money, it's nice to see him develop to the level where he keeps his cool, and take control of that passion, to make those clutch performances.

We always believed he would get there.

3. 624

624 Banned

You mean he didn't make money at USC?

4. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

"Can we call a spade a spade here? Mark Sanchez is not CARRYING the Jets. In fact no particular area is CARRYING that team. The TEAM is winning ball games and Sanchez is as big a part of that as any. He's come up HUGE down the stretch, especially the last 3 weeks, but he's not CARRYING that team. You don't CARRY a team with an 80.5 QB Rating. Or with a below average YPA. Or with a 55% completion percentage.

Right now, Sanchez is a middle of the pack quarterback which is a HUGE important from last year. He went from holding the team back to being A reason they are competing each week. Still, he's getting a lot of help from the offensive line, his running game (namely through the effectiveness of a playfake), and yes, even his receivers. On the flipside, Sanchez is also helping them out by cutting down on the turnovers, avoiding sacks, making nice throws, and making good plays down the stretch.

To say Sanchez is "the reason" the Jets are 8-2 is ridiculous IMO. He's certainly "a reason", but he does have one of the most talented teams in football around him and is still putting up mediocre numbers. Still, I can see why people are excited by his progress. He's definitely taken a big step in the right direction. To be honest, I think his character and leadership is his greatest asset to be admired. He'll keep that team fighting because his teammates, even some of his more egotistical ones, will not want to let him down. He and Ryan will keep that team motivated, which is another reason Jets fans should be very excited, especially given how so many teams with "names" have imploded this year."

Posted by RashaanSalaami at footballsfuture.com Apparently Sanchez is just an average, middle of the pack quarterback and is not carrying this team. The Jets get so much hate on that message board. And don't even bring up Darrelle Revis in the General Forum. The Packer fans come out in full force about how overrated he is. It's pathetic.

5. GreenMachine

So..Brady and Manning lead their teams to late winning drives = clutch...

Sanchez does it = lucky...

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Rashaan salaami is manish Mehta's evil twin with downs syndrome

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

8. Funkee Beatz

Funkee Beatz New Member

This one is gold...I don't think this kid knows what he's even saying.

"I'm sorry but nothing done against the worst pass D in the league(Texans), in a home game can be impressive.

He's not a terrible QB, but I don't think he's proven he's a franchise QB just yet. Why can't people just be patient?"

Posted by mikeyfarley.

#108 Funkee Beatz, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The kid drives you crazy. I was at the game, and he missed at least 3 wide open receivers deep for easy touchdowns. Then, with the game on the line, he throws 2 of the most perfect fucking passes I've ever seen. If he ever gets consistant, look out.

10. Trifco

Trifco New Member

2nd year QB.
    40ish games started after HS.

From a QB like this, hoping to be a franchize QB, I would expect to see talent (checked), skills (checked), potential (checked), hard work (checked), winning mentality (checked), leadership (checked).

The one thing that I'm certainly NOT expecting from him now, is consistency. That's the one thing that'll come with time.

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That pass to Holmes in the corner of the end zone to win the game was about as flawless execution you could possibly ask for.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think the Pass to Braylon was ever better. Placed that in perfectly.

13. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Snap wasnt so great on that one either, didnt even phase him.

14. 624

624 Banned

That pass was amazing, it was on a rope inbetween the corner and safety.

It's pissing me off how some people are saying Bralyon was wide open.

Some asshole even asked in the press conference last night "were you surprised he was that open?" ..and Sanchez modestly said "I don't think he was that open...."

then in the next presser with Santonio the asshole asks the same fucking question.

15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I was at the game sitting in the 10th row of the opposite endzone when it happened, but was the Sanchez INT a tipped ball or was he hit when he threw it? I can't find good video on it but I could have sworn he was hit. I have some moron Ravens fan telling me Sanchez's performance was nullified by the pick he threw. Meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking, uh, are you fucking kidding? He was hit!

But maybe I'm the wrong one?

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, he was hit.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

OK, so then I'm not crazy.

Edit: In regards to this play at least.

19. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

the right side of the line, that was weak after woody left, was where the hit came from. Sanchez stepped up in the pocket, and the rush went behind him. I think it was super mario, but he pressed back up into the pocket and got sanchez from behind just as he was throwing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4ad1d/Gameday-Texans-vs-Jets-highlights
    about 2:20 in

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

-The drive-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WP70T5kaVA[/YOUTUBE]